Finally found LED number plate lights that work

Very odd, how old is your car? Do you have the "PWM" option or the "cold diagnostics" option

I have both and no matter what combination I use I cannot get the damn warning to go away.

It's a 2009 FL.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 months later...

I have a real baby question. My left hand side number plate bulb is blown,after coming out of a car wash recently. Is the replacement as simple as unsrewing the 2 screws and slotting the unit out? Not going for LED by the way, just bog standard replacement bulb. Thanks.

I have a real baby question. My left hand side number plate bulb is blown,after coming out of a car wash recently. Is the replacement as simple as unsrewing the 2 screws and slotting the unit out? Not going for LED by the way, just bog standard replacement bulb. Thanks.

Yes, it should be a Torx head bit, not sure what size but the procedure is simple.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I did the vag com change in central electrics byte 17 I couldn't get rid of warning light on 2009 fl either

I got so bored of mine (is an 09) I went and bought these bad boys:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BTDTIKK/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pricey but bought them through the company I work for and wrote them off as expenses.

It's either that or attach normal bulbs in a piggy back fashion.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

I Finally got my rear registration LED's sorted....on a 2011 Vrs. Bought a pair of 'non error' 3 x LED bulbs from FIZZMO on eBay. Fitted them but warning light came on straight away :( I then ordered some load resistors from the same place, clipped them on which took literally minutes, and hey presto....the bulbs now work with no errors and looks great ! :)

They are designed to fix the problem, so I am hoping they will remain issue free. Any one got any horror stories with doing this as my mechanical / electronic knowledge is zilch !

Cheers

I Finally got my rear registration LED's sorted....on a 2011 Vrs. Bought a pair of 'non error' 3 x LED bulbs from FIZZMO on eBay. Fitted them but warning light came on straight away :( I then ordered some load resistors from the same place, clipped them on which took literally minutes, and hey presto....the bulbs now work with no errors and looks great ! :)

They are designed to fix the problem, so I am hoping they will remain issue free. Any one got any horror stories with doing this as my mechanical / electronic knowledge is zilch !

Cheers

Do you have a link to the items you bought?

Anyone looking for new LED's - i am trialling these on my car (Passat) and SWMBO's car (Exeo) too:-

Slow boat... guy seems reliable on all my orders - at this price - buy a couple of sets at least

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-White-6-SMD-LED-5630-SMD-Festoon-Interior-Dome-Bulb-Light-36mm-/360709999169?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53fbfdca41

UK....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Festoon-CAN-BUS-36mm-C5W-ERROR-FREE-5630-LED-SIZE-interior-WHITE-LED-SMD-bulbs-/181128824207?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a2c1e858f

The 5630 LED's are almost twice as bright as the 5050 style and the compact nature means the 6x5630 LED variant fits where the old 3x5050 LED was required. Will still need load resistors on the tricky years that don't accept the coding changes though.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ste.

Oh and btw - for front sidelight style on T10/501 - the 5630 equivalent is this.... well worth the money:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231016528589?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I'm not affiliated with any of these guys; i just use the products and i'm very happy with performance and reliability so far  :thumbup:

It was dead easy fitting them mate. Just trimmed the red wire a bit shorter with pliers and clamped one end of it to one of the wires that goes to the led, and other end to other. Fold the splice clips over, stuff them back up into the boot and hey presto :)

When down shifting it feels as though it is in neutral for too long before actually engaging, isn't particularly smooth and gives the impression the clutch goes in (if that makes sense) too late, when coming to a complete stop. When in manual mode, and if you are in second approaching a junction (that would ordinarilly be fine in 'drive'), it wants to put it in first too early causing a jolt. I really want to love the car but it is infuriating me at the moment. It's booked into garage tomorrow but i have a feeling they will say it is fine? Also road noise is a bit loud compared to works BMW 530d but i can Live with that.....