Orange - Signal any good?

VRSPhil

TBH, it's **** when I'm at SWMBO's and fine when I'm at mine. Orange, now calling themselves EE, used to share bandwidth with T-Mobile (now part of EE AFAIK). The teaming up of both networks should increase coverage but we'll have to wait and see.

i used to be with O2 signal strength used to be 2-3 segments in the maxidot in my superb. now with t Mobil and orange all the segments are full all the time plus for some reason the small phone icon reads premium seems a lot better.plus they are rolling out 4g soon

bill

I moved to the Suffolk countryside about 5 yrs ago. After trying 3, Vodafone and O2, the only decent signal is with Orange/T-Mobile or EE as it is now. I can get decent signal anywhere in the house now, data speed seems ok too.

T-mobile / Orange (now EE) user here and signal is non existent at home and poor in a lot of the places that I go to. I often have to go outside to make or receive calls and even then it's patchy. Customer service is appalling too. Wife is with o2 and whilst they're a tad more pricey at least everything works well including customer service. I know where I'm going in Jan next year when my contract runs out with EE.

Orange and T-Mobile user here. Don't forget that Orange users can now also use the T-Mobile network, and vice-versa. I never really have a problem getting reception, except in the centre of Blandford. However there is no reception on any network in the town centre, Orange, T-Mobile, O2, Vodafone, none of these work in Blandford town centre.

Orange and T-Mobile user here. Don't forget that Orange users can now also use the T-Mobile network, and vice-versa. I never really have a problem getting reception, except in the centre of Blandford. However there is no reception on any network in the town centre, Orange, T-Mobile, O2, Vodafone, none of these work in Blandford town centre.

to be fair though, Manny, Blandford is still in 1951 :giggle:

Try to find someone on Orange and actually test it for yourself at your home and work.

I WAS on Orange for about 15 years and in that time their signal was the best there was for ME.

However the signal disappeared almost completely after a transmitter went down and Orange refused to repair it I jumped ship to Vodafone, this was about 5 years ago or so.... the Orange transmitter is STILL down BTW!

Vodafone and O2 have the best coverage overall but there are holes in each ones coverage. for rural areas Orange are not great. You could get a Pre-pay SIM and do your own quick survey :happy:

John

You'll be ok Lee, on 30th Oct EE will be launching 4G in Southampton. (assuming you're already on EE that is. :think:

Mac, yes I am an EE customer, looking forward to seeing what 4G will bring. I'll be able to use a whole months data allowance in about 5 minutes if I download a TV show :D

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the comments.

Just to answer my own question, Orange didn't work at all at my home (HP21) and was very poor in many parts around where I work. (Norf Laaaaandan), so after taking a contract with them, I returned it very quickly. I also found that calls would drop regularly even in areas of apparently good signal.

I now have a Vodafone phone and have been happy with it so far.

Hello

Anyone on Orange? Just wondering what the signal is like these days?

I go all over the country so general views from anywhere would be handy. I'm currently with O2.

Thanks

if you replace that first O with a 0, I think that sums up my last experiences of them.

Certainly when they were on 1800 GSM and O2/Voda on 900 GSM the building penetration was much better on O2/Voda.

Thanks for the comments.

Just to answer my own question, Orange didn't work at all at my home (HP21) and was very poor in many parts around where I work. (Norf Laaaaandan), so after taking a contract with them, I returned it very quickly. I also found that calls would drop regularly even in areas of apparently good signal.

I now have a Vodafone phone and have been happy with it so far.

Also in HP21 and have struggled for signal with every network I've ever used. Thinking about it, I've not asked anyone on Vodafone around here before, so maybe I'll try them this time!

Edited by TriggerFish

I've got crap signal in 'EE' and they insist its my phone but it's had the once over at the apple store and they have said it's fine, /:

J.E

This is a first, but I'm inclined to think we may be telling the truth.

I phone and an old Nokia next to each other near enough. iPhone 1 bar at best, Nokia 5 bars and data working fine. Swp positions and it's th same. Remove the Nokia an the iPhone didn't improve.

That was a 4, with the really "clever" aerial design mind.