Joe_vrs_tdi...rolling on steelies! Smooth as a....

joe_vrs_tdi

I had a guy from down devon make them with steels i sourced. There are a few main guys who do it probs nearer your way to.

who was this because i live in devon? does he have a website or anything? cheers

They look so much better than the stock ones. Question - regarding airbags etc is there a universal plug or trick to make them work with the car or you just disable them?

My fabia seats dont have airbags so I was lucky in that way and left the a3 seats unplugged.

• Like 1

I imagine theres a way about it. May even be the same plugs both being vag seats. If not a auto electrion could most likely cut the plug off the fabia seats and put it on the recaros.

Or just cut the plug out and hard wire it, mk2 octavia's are common for the plug contacts playing about so skoda tell us to hard wire them with some really expensive pink crimp connectors although IMO silly for when you want to remove the seats but is one way round the connector situation :)

• 2 weeks later...

No its a heat paint though, i got my old man to do it in his works. They build generators and pumps and its what they use on there engine blocks etc. imagine a spray can of silver hammerite spray will do the same job.

• 2 weeks later...

So got the drivers side in today, very pleased now.

IMG_20131219_160322_zps682ff3a6.jpg

Just need to take on the backs which im not looking forward to as the fronts have gone to straight forward for my liking.

Even though they are mint im going to give them a good clean and treat them up soon so they stay in as best condition as possible.

Also want to give a big thank you to pasty boy for the initial idea and the guide as i would not of took this on with out seeing that and thanks to dominorising for some good tips and pointers he gave me in his thread.

Thanks for putting so much effort into your car and putting up so many cool photos!

Reading about your seats caused flash-backs to when I melded a set of crushed/diagonal Golf GTi seats onto my Beetle's runners.  Decidedly easy by comparison to your hard-work on a modern car, but my it was tight!

http://flic.kr/p/5QMdEB and http://flic.kr/s/aHsj7NR46L

Hmmm... memories.

All I'll say is don't sell you car to a teenage boy and his over-paid father, as your pride and joy may end-up like mine, crashed  :doh:  Oh well...

So got the rears fully fitted today and i am very happy. I need to buy some good leather care and conditioner to take some of the creases out and should look spot on.

20140118_155204_zps155f56d9.jpg

Quick snap of the car.

0e5f6d4f-aae7-4090-82b3-89ab26d9ee38_zps

also fitted new side lights and number plate lights while in the dry as had one of each out. Got some brighter and whiter leds than before. Didnt get a pic though sorry.

• Like 4

Side lights, http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EL9CB80/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 you need to buy two of these as its only for one. There are cheaper ones out there but these seem very good quality.

And the number plate leds i fitted today aswell, http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0094GC324/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 the connectors need flexing out abit but do fit in ok.

PhotoGrid_1390076408180_zps301d8026.jpg

best I got sorry.

• Like 2