Real Octavia III in the street, no camouflage!

RURU2010 I just wanted to ask, how many Skodas are there in Chile? How many do they sell a month?

Jake02, Skoda has been selling cars in Chile for many years now, but they don't make muck effort to do it so you won't find many at the time. The problem was the local representative. It has been heard that VW is taking over the representation through their local Porsche office by the end of this year to put kind of renewed hype to the brand.

They did. Attributed to to Roberto from Chile. They also said 'Gracias por las fotos, Roberto!'

http://www.autoforum...etky-maskovani/

My son and I uploaded the pics to a local forum www.skodachile.com (as users FortuRS and OctyRMF) and minutes later to briskoda.net.

Well, anyway, the thing was to share with you friends these news and not to get credit for shooting the pics!!! :happy:

Yeah I saw your original skodachile post. So did they make up roberto or was he another guy from skodachile just trying to claim credit?

Skodachile is a small bunch of nice people that don't do that sort of things.

As I said before the important thing is that all of us had the opportunity to share those amazing and fresh pics.

• Like 1

Car looks really elegant and well proportioned. Wish the estate photo was abit closer and with boot shut.

Cant wait to see the VRS version but am even more eager to see the scout version. Probably a while off for the scout though.

I have never pre-ordered a car before in my life but if the scout is good i may well place an early order for one of those. Either that or it comes out quite soon and i can then pick up a cheaper one in 2-3 years. I am of course assuming they will make a scout version. Anyone know??

STILL no hydraulic bonnet lifter!

Well spotted! I value the hydraulic bonnet lifter present on my Superb II and would miss this feature if I opt for a Octy III next time round.

Well I have had my 2010 plate vrs for 2 years and was waiting for some accurate shots to show what new one would look like.

It leaves me very cold just looks drab and boring and far to similar to pre FL version which isnt a good thing just looks like Skoda have gone backwards on this design.

Shame as not had any problems with Vrs in 50k miles but time for a change.

Its got to look better than the Rapid which is incredibly dull - Octavia 3 pricing will be critical. Without a VAT offer it is going to look expensive compared to the current one -and the VAT offer has been running the whole 3 years I've owned my Octavia!! It seems to have impacted residual values so the cost to change will be high. My PCP is up in Feb - went to see the dealer today and they could tell me nothing on when an Octavia could be ordered (they told me the Rapid is the direct replacement!! - I think not) so its looking likely I'm going to have to move brands as I like to change every 3 years.

Reinforces my view of the Rapid as second rate compared to the Octy.

It was always meant to be though, both in terms of cost and marketing. I'm liking it a lot, VERY Superb like as per the above comments. Definetly going up a class with the chrome around the window line, will be interesting to see how it translates for the VRS and Scout versions.

Nova_Skoda_Octavia_III_Combi_2013_bez_maskovani_dalsi_04_800_600.jpg

Nice big panoramic sunroof. Wish they'd integrated the roof rails more with the roof a la Audi, BMW and even Vauxhall Insignia. Is it just me, but does the rear hatch window also look a bit wired, ending lower than the window line of the side windows? Usually, it's the same height or higher on other cars. At least you can say Skoda have gone in their own direction.

Nice big panoramic sunroof. Wish they'd integrated the roof rails more with the roof a la Audi, BMW and even Vauxhall Insignia. Is it just me, but does the rear hatch window also look a bit wired, ending lower than the window line of the side windows? Usually, it's the same height or higher on other cars. At least you can say Skoda have gone in their own direction.

I have to agree as I did think that when replying above. Being critical, I'd like to see the rear window level as you suggest and have the rear side window, where it kicks up, more parralel to the top of rear light cluster on the side profile aspect.

Note the poor alignment of rear door to the back of the car. Also the pale reflection on the side ends a bit strangely. Rear hatch doesn't align with lights etc. I'd say this photo is fake. Just my opinion :)

Note the poor alignment of rear door to the back of the car. Also the pale reflection on the side ends a bit strangely. Rear hatch doesn't align with lights etc. I'd say this photo is fake. Just my opinion :)

I thought the same thing. The chrome strip on the rear door and the hatch dont line up. This is typical in ford focus's but hopefully not the new octy. Its either a fake or a really hobbled together prototype.