Octavia vRS

At least Yeti doesn't depreciate that much :)

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/news/ten-cars-hold-value-094919558.html

Stumbled across it and I thought I'd post it risking the wrath of "off tpoic" police :kiss:

That was only a wild guess - but any mass market saloon car like the Octavia is going to lose a ton of money short term. Probably nothing like as bad as a Ford Mondeo or Vauxhall Insignia though, if that's any compensation. Bought mine as a long term keeper so went in with my eyes open.... :angel:

Im going to suggest that there will be a good few non VRS Octavias on the road - far more than the Mk2 after the same amount of time. Ive already seen half a dozen of them and I think the co2 and BIK ratings are going to make them far more popular with the company's. Having more on the road surely wont be beneficial to the second hand values?

That was only a wild guess - but any mass market saloon car like the Octavia is going to lose a ton of money short term. Probably nothing like as bad as a Ford Mondeo or Vauxhall Insignia though, if that's any compensation. Bought mine as a long term keeper so went in with my eyes open.... :angel:

There is a another reason why the Yeti has good resale value:  it was NEVER part of a VAT free deal!  See my previous comments about the negative impact of a VAT free deal on depreciation.

Hmmmnn, I wonder what trade in deal I could get with my OctyIII Eleg against a new Race Blue vRS hatch?

Yikes....  and you had no inclining, none whatsoever, that within a few months of the new Octy being launched there was going to a be a new vRS version?  You will lose a LOT of dough if you change so quickly.

Hmmmnn, I wonder what trade in deal I could get with my OctyIII Eleg against a new Race Blue vRS hatch?

If you paid full price your trade in price will probably result in a loss of around 20-25%.

Demo cars at three months sell for about 15%-20% less, so the dealer will need to earn a thousand or so on your car.

It's why they do this for a living. :)

I'll give you £500 for it, and that's cutting my own throat. ;)

Don't forget that you've got to go see the Manager to make sure that he is happy with this amazing deal you've just offered.....

• Like 3

I knew u guys would want the Vrs lol I'm expecting stokey to do the same,I'm not sure how anyone can go from a Vrs to a standard Octavia 1.4. I know I couldn't.

I'm sure ur car is worth demo price now?

Lol, I knew that post of mine would spark a few comments, seriously though, I won't be thinking of swapping for at least 3 years, probably 4 in reality! vRS defo looks good to me to upgrade the Eleg in future but with the toys I'd want to match my current spec plus the vRS extras, it would probably be a few grand over my budget which was one of the reasons for not waiting. Next time I should have a deposit but as this is my first purchase after 10 years in company cars, had to take a reality check!

I knew u guys would want the Vrs lol I'm expecting stokey to do the same,I'm not sure how anyone can go from a Vrs to a standard Octavia 1.4. I know I couldn't.

I'm sure ur car is worth demo price now?

It crossed my mind for a milli second when I noticed the paint fault but now it's fixed there is no way. The new vRS doesnt look special enough and it may be a 1.4 but it's performance and economy I find comparible with the CR vRS :)

• Like 1

Well Done Boss, excellent and thanks for posting. I've changed my mind...looks very good. Hope it comes in at a sensible price. I wonder if the car featured has the Black Pack option?

Well Done Boss, excellent and thanks for posting. I've changed my mind...looks very good. Hope it comes in at a sensible price. I wonder if the car featured has the Black Pack option?

Wonder also if the front assist as featured is standard or cost option? Might be closer to Elegance toys spec than many have predicted?

I'd imagine the version used for showing off to be better equipped than the bog standard one. :)

Yes, I would agree, at least it should be on the options list in some countries!