How Fast are Briskoda #3 - 1st June

PastyBoy

2nd hand from eBay! £18 bargain.

Craig

I can guess who will be getting one of those now ;)

(I don't think he'll read this though, I'm probably on his ignore list)

• Like 1

Boss Fox: Is the rear anchor point on a harness supposed to be off to one side?

There is a hook directly behind the drivers seat which lines the rear anchor straight but I decided to bolt It through the main seatbelt point which is just off centre thus not being perfectly straight but doesn't cause any issues.

Dave & Lolli: Where did u secure the side part of the harness to out of interest?

The side anchor points have been drilled through the seat rails and then bolted in place.

The way I have fitted this wont be M.O.T friendly but for the track day it will keep me tight in the seat! But I will still wear my normal seatbelt over the top for added security.

Craig

I was thinking of investing in one of those. It was "something lock" from memory. The name escapes me now, but they did seem a lot of money. With the stock belt you can achieve a similar thing by rolling seat back, pulling on belt to jam it's position, then rolling seat back forward until you are securely held. :thumbup:

I was thinking of investing in one of those. It was "something lock" from memory. The name escapes me now, but they did seem a lot of money. With the stock belt you can achieve a similar thing by rolling seat back, pulling on belt to jam it's position, then rolling seat back forward until you are securely held. :thumbup:

It's a CG Lock, available from Demon Tweeks

It's a CG Lock, available from Demon Tweeks

Yes, good bits of kit.

Had one in my Fabia and thinking I may need one in the Yeti now I've added real (heavier) leather to stop me sliding off the seat during enthusiastic cornering.

The CG locks are pretty good, I use one on track days and it really is surprising how much better it feels in the seat when your held in tighter. Its no harness, but its better than just using the belt on its own.

CG-lock at £45 - I think I will try your method :D

Hmm.

The Quick Fit Belts also take advantage of the factory seat belt pre-tensioner, a device that tightens the belt 1-2 inches in the event of an accident. The Airbags will deploy as the engineers of the system intended for someone buckled in. With any other harness, the car wouldn't detect that someone was buckled in, so the airbags would deploy faster and harder.

Providing that the necessary conditions are met. i.e. front collision above x mph, I thought that airbags would go off regardless of whether someone was in the seat or not. "Deploy faster" ? How exactly? It's an explosive charge that goes off. I wasn't aware that pretensioners made a difference to how airbags go off. :S

I think we are worrying too much, Bedford has massive run offs onto the grass and few barriers, unlike Castle Combe, therefore I will be using the standard seat belt and fitting some All Road tyres so as I can back on the black stuff without delay :rofl:

I admire what you guys have done to your cars and I am sure the competitive streak will be present with us all but I think we need to get back to the FUN element of what we are doing.

We all know Richard will win with the Yeti :rock: the rest of us are there for making up the numbers (he says tongue in cheek :bandit: )

• Like 4

I think we are worrying too much, Bedford has massive run offs onto the grass and few barriers, unlike Castle Combe, therefore I will be using the standard seat belt and fitting some All Road tyres so as I can back on the black stuff without delay :rofl:

I admire what you guys have done to your cars and I am sure the competitive streak will be present with us all but I think we need to get back to the FUN element of what we are doing.

We all know Richard will win with the Yeti :rock: the rest of us are there for making up the numbers (he says tongue in cheek :bandit: )

I couldn't have put it better myself :)

• Like 4

If it's dry I'll have to drive my socks off to stay in the midfield! :D

Hopefully I can sit in the hole the Yeti makes in the wind and get a tow!

Should be a great morning out, I have all week off too, life is good at the minute, even if it is persisting down on bank holiday monday.

I think I'm going to run on two wheels, and take the engine out of the car

The weight saving will be phenomenal :)

Didn't You know My Car is running on Foot Power Like Fred Flinstone and the Ant Hill Mob. If I ran the 100m I would be quicker than Mr Bolt. That's How I weight save..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1