How Fast are Briskoda #3 - 1st June

PastyBoy

I have 164 miles to scrub them in on the way down, new tyres have to be better than hardly any tread

If it's dry slicks should be just right ;)

• Like 1

I have 164 miles to scrub them in on the way down, new tyres have to be better than hardly any tread

In the context of the day, not much difference.

I doubt any of us would notice much of a change.

To the racing drivers, the higher tread blocks let the tyre move around more.

Part worn 2 or 3mm are best, enough to get home on.

I've just shoved the summers on and am driving the Yeti to work for a day or two to get a feel for it again.

Only really used it for towing over the last few months.

I have to say, it's nippier than I remember. :D

That'll be the oversized winter tyres with comfy taller sidewalls then.

• Like 2

trackday wheels for the weekend, or road wheels... Hmmmm

I am thinking track wheels... I was giving my new Maxxis some shakedown today, and I could feel the tread blocks moving.....

I have been reading up on tyres and the pro's and cons of new vs part worn. A brand new set is not a good idea as they will get hot quickly and ruin the edges of the tyre, so, I am going to leave the Avon's on and take a chance, if I find Nylon I have a spare and we can find a tyre house in Bedford if we need one.

I am off to Luton after How fast to collect a new air box for the Lupo too.

Thanks for the comments.

Jase, what Maxxis tyres did you buy?

• Like 1

If you don't come first on the track wheels are we allowed to point and laugh?

If not, can I suggest road wheels? :giggle:;)

But I can use the "weren't warmed up" excuse, plus the "old brakes" excuse, plus the "think the KWs are knackered" excuse, plus the "not the best driver" excuse! :D

• Like 3

Well The Darkness is poorly. D'oh.

Been waiting for a Transition Gasket from the States for My ABD Racing intake to arrive, managed to snap a long bolt in the head, good job enough to get it out.,but also seems that something isnt right as can see the cylinders firing at bottom of gasket which aint right and you can hear air sucking in too. :wall::@ FFS!

Waiting on new discs and pads to arrive tomorrow to fit. also new rocker cover gasket too as old one is leaking. good job i have the day off tomorrow.

Been waiting for a Transition Gasket from the States for My ABD Racing intake to arrive, managed to snap a long bolt in the head, good job enough to get it out.,but also seems that something isnt right as can see the cylinders firing at bottom of gasket which aint right and you can hear air sucking in too. :wall::@ FFS!

Waiting on new discs and pads to arrive tomorrow to fit. also new rocker cover gasket too as old one is leaking. good job i have the day off tomorrow.

Just a little to do then, nothing like heaping the pressure on.

Hope you get everything sorted.

Just a little to do then, nothing like heaping the pressure on.

Hope you get everything sorted.

I live for days like that. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not like its just fronts for pads and discs, no, no, all 4 sets. :sun:

As for the ABD, think I am going to revert to the original intake until i can work out what i have done wrong / is wrong.

Good luck Dave! :)

Cheers, Wondering if the fact i put my original gasket at the bottom of the transition gasket instead of the larger one supplied might be the issue. plus got to get another long bolt. where from not sure.....

Hmm and I was wondering whether to risk rebuilding my Brembos tomorrow in case I have an issue and stuck for Saturday. But it looks that'd be hardly nothing compared to you, Dave.

Xavier, Want to convoy to meet Richard on the M1?

I can meet you and trundle up.

Don't mind. Could do :) I'd be coming from Reading so M4, M25 then M1 I guess. I remember once cutting through A4170 to Oxford and up the A34. Got to Northampton in record time, but will take the motorway this time :)

Don't mind. Could do :) I'd be coming from Reading so M4, M25 then M1 I guess. I remember once cutting through A4170 to Oxford and up the A34. Got to Northampton in record time, but will take the motorway this time :)

Only an idea bud, I am right next to A34 hence why torn as to which way to go. A34, M40, A43, M1, A45, A6. Biggest thing will be its the last Saturday of Half term so everyone will be travelling home from hols.

*blinks* urm.......track prep? Whats that?

Check the oil, tyres, track related cd in car (classical music), helmet in boot already. Sun block, sandwiches and water.

Yeah that's me done.

Weight saving? I'll have a **** in the morning!

• Like 4

I'm just fitting my TD Pro Race 3 wheels before heading up to Haydn's this afternoon. Will stick a couple of the road wheels in the back "just in case"

Nothing else to do really. I'm going to need to give it a damn good wash before I leave. She's a filthy bitch at the moment.

I was suppose to do brake fluid and camcorder mounts yesterday. Started from cleaning the garage, then driveway, which lead to some emergency gardening (entailing chain saw, hedge trimmers and conifer out of control). I thought I'd be able to do something in the evening. Nope, forgot I was going to see Gatsby in the cinema with SWMBO - obviously I could not refuse :). Now I am at the dealers having my rear wiper motor replaced under warranty, time is running out...

brake fluid is a half hour job, easy, had a helper to pedal press, I just played with the nipples and topped up the fluid.

Now Tyres, I decided to look for some part worns, the size I want are like hens teeth, so have decided to forget it and just use the Avon's, they are about 3mm on them so shouldn't be too bad, I might do what Jason is doing and throw the every day wheels in the boot for the drive home and of course a jack and crack bar with 17mm socket too.

So onto the circuit, are we clock wise or counter clock? What part of Bedford are we using and what other info can you give to us who have never been?

Thanks

So onto the circuit, are we clock wise or counter clock? What part of Bedford are we using and what other info can you give to us who have never been?

It's the west circuit and it's anti-clockwise.

So overall more left turn than right.

Map of the circuit is on post no.1 in this thread:

ba-circuit-map_500x288.jpg

Well, ABD in a non starter for the weekend. runs ropey on it. put oem one on and boom. no issues. bolt came out by hand that snapped. Awesome.

Discs and Pads arrived whilst doing that so that was a bonus, now off to unit to fit Dogbone mount bushes and new discs and pads all round.

Then Home for the obligatory wash and wax.

Going well so far. (touch wood :sun:)

• Like 1

During the Hour Practice are our lap times available to see what we are doing?

I believe so.

They print out the practice lap times near the end too, the quickest for each vehicle.

Well last few double checks.... Erm checked!

Will be leaving the toon! (Newcastle) about 2pm the day and heading to Milton Ernest where are hotel is, this this place is like 5 min drive from the track!

Everyone travel safe! And see you all tomorrow!

Craig