MDI Looms & Bluetooth Looms with Microphone

Eddie-NL

I have for sale

All looms are Plug and Play

MDI Loom = £37 Delivered

MDI Loom with AUX-in = £42 Delivered (Aux-in Socket Not included)

MDI Loom & BT Loom with Microphone = £85 Delivered

MDI Loom with AUX-in and BT Loom with Microphone = £90 Delivered (Aux-in Socket Not included)

BT Loom and Microphone = £55 Delivered

Aux-in Socket is £10 from the dealer

combiloom.jpg

mdiloom-1.jpg

Eddie

I have separate BT and MDI looms plugged in series into the back of my columbus. All works fine apart from I seem to have lost my aux-in option (it is in the armrest and worked before I connected the separate MDI loom). Will your combined BT/MDI loom with the aux-in integrate with my existing aux-in socket? And do you know what would happen to the boot CD unit with these looms please (not that I use it).

Thanks

Adam

Eddie

I have separate BT and MDI looms plugged in series into the back of my columbus. All works fine apart from I seem to have lost my aux-in option (it is in the armrest and worked before I connected the separate MDI loom). Will your combined BT/MDI loom with the aux-in integrate with my existing aux-in socket? And do you know what would happen to the boot CD unit with these looms please (not that I use it).

Thanks

Adam

You need to change the wiring

• 5 months later...

I have a bolero with factory fitted aux in and ive retrofitted the 9w7 bluetooth kit.

I recently purchased this MDI kit which preserves the aux in function.

http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-media-in-mdi-kit-usb-adapter-retrofit-5n0035342e,id299.html

Now it looks like i have replace the bluetooth wiring loom with the new MDI one...Im confused as to how to go about this

Is there anyway i can have all the functions (CD/AUX/SD/MDI/BT-AUDIO)??

Edited by vinj14

Now it looks like i have replace the bluetooth wiring loom with the new MDI one...Im confused as to how to go about this

Is there anyway i can have all the functions (CD/AUX/SD/MDI/BT-AUDIO)??

I have been able to combine the MDI (not the one with Aux as I do not have that fitted) & BT looms together and retain the OE boot mounted CD Multi-changer.

If your loom allows MDI & Aux, then there is no reason I can see that it won't also allow BT to be fitted as well.

'My GTI' website has enough information to be able to work out the pin outs and combine the correct wires from the two looms together in to one loom.

I'm pretty new to all this. I'm about to buy a Skoda Octavia Scout with a Bolero system. I'm coming from an Audi A1 which has full iPod connectivity (able to interface and control my iPhone from the head unit) and I'm able to use Bluetooth for my phone calls.

What do I need to add to my standard Bolero system to a.) make phone calls with my iPhone 4 and b.) control music and charge said iPhone discreetly in either the glovebox or armrest. I don't care for the SD card, CD player or the 3.5mm input?

Edited by Nomads

Eddie, I'm new to this columbus game, is the BT Loom and Microphone, all I need to get BT from my Columbus?

Cheers 

Chris.

P.S the cruise stalk I bought off you works a treat :thumbup:

What do I need to add to my standard Bolero system to a.) make phone calls with my iPhone 4 and b.) control music and charge said iPhone discreetly in either the glovebox or armrest.

MDI controller, wiring loom, and cable for iPhone as a minimum.

If you search this forum (not just this section) for threads on retro-fitting MDI, you'll find how-to's that include part numbers and descriptions.

You'll also discover where people have retro fitted it other than the official glove box location.

I'd discount the armrest as there is only just enough height to fit an iPhone 4 once connected. In theory an iPhone 5 will fit, but will excessively bend the cable and squash the connectors.

Any bigger phone just won't fit. I spent quite a while checking as this was where I wanted to put mine. UFI changed my phone in a year or two the MDI would have to have been moved leaving holes in the armrest.

Beginning to wish I'd put mine in the dash top box now...

Hi all,

Been having a busy week doing some retro fitting.

Out of interest where is the factory location of each controller?

I know from factory the MDI interface is located in glove box.

I ask as the Bluetooth controller is a big mother.

Cheers

Nick

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2