What are you listening to right now while reading this?

Money hungry

1 hour ago, Lady Elanore said:

Perhaps these guys can help

https://www.wilkinsons.tv/used-hifi-list/

Capture.JPG

Thanks Amanda. Did have a look at them. I dug out my old RS-TR474 which kept me going. Turns out the deck isn't dying but the weird plastic container we had beside it was causing the smell. :D

• Like 1

I always hankered after a Nakamichi, just couldn't afford one at the time. 

We used these ones at work (Studer version though), which were nice to operate. 

https://www.vintagecassette.com/revox/b710mkii

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

Found one, exactly like this. It's been rack mounted, which is how we had our versions

Looks rather similar to a Revox deck I reckon.

28 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

I always hankered after a Nakamichi, just couldn't afford one at the time. 

I still hanker for one. I used to have a smashing 3-head Pioneer, a CT757 but I stupidly binned it after the drive motor gave up the ghost. :crying:

Revox was  a brand name of Studer :) i think initially it was the amateur end of the market, but using the professional knowledge and some parts from the pro side. We always used Studer 1/4" machines such as the A80 (my weapon of choice back in the day), the A62 and it's virtually identical update of the B62 (the tape guides were made longer, so it was fractionally quicker to wind a new tape on :D 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Not quite HiFi but listening to my Spotify liked list on my ancient Sharp tape deck (linked by  raspi running raspotify through an old tape converter) while painting the hall and landing ceiling. As it was on random it was The Kinks, Peter Gabriel, Fish, Portishead and Hawkwind.IMG_20220519_121038.thumb.jpg.b3ccfa67887d55d6a9684d384404414c.jpg

• Like 3

^^^ I have an identical one for use when painting.

When i get into the bottom of a wardrobe i will take a picture of a Military Green Boom Box thing from about 25 years ago.

(I used to put it on in the wardrobe which was at a 'party wall' at full blast and bass when a neighbour was doing their worst to annoy me.)

I was reading here and watching PMQ's and the PM looking like he might have a heart attack. 

Reminded me of a blast from the past.

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 20/06/2022 at 22:19, tempra007 said:

something heavy to do the cleaning 

I've got Richard Z's remix on at the moment. 

Love it a bit more everyime I hear it, epeccially after seeing him drop it live. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, roottoot said:

While watching Mortimer & Whitehouse gone fishing. 

Last time it was played as a tribute to an old fisher that past away.   Tonight just as background music.

Snap - Mortimer & Whitehouse. No music though at the moment.