I found my Superb: She's called Audrey!

Very sad. The best way to try to prevent this type of behaviour is to make sure there's no market for the stolen goods, i.e. don't buy fallen-off-the-back-of-a-lorry stuff.  The perpetrators may see it as a legitimate way to make money, but if there's no money to be made they won't do it.

• Like 1

Long time no talk, Gizmo!

How u been, buddy?

Working long hours!

Got an early finish today due to knackering my back, time to do stuff but unable the physically do it!!  :hi:

• Like 1

Stereo alone : £2200+vat

Maybe you can find a cheaper one locally on ebay...  :giggle:

Sorry to hear about your ongoing nightmare. You can't have anything nice as some scrote will either smash it up or steal it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Latest-SKODA-COLUMBUS-SAT-NAV-MFD3-HDD-DVD-SD-MP3-Octavia-Fabia-Super-/111203845520?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19e4440590

Based in Doncaster.  Just hope it's not nicked - you'll know from the hard drive being full of tunes unless they've wiped it.  :think:

I was given one of these as a courtesy car not so long back.  It certainly wasn't fast and I can't remember it being much fun.  I just remember that it was like a plastic-lined biscuit tin on wheels.  Perhaps the Superb has ruined me for the ordinary, though?

I used to own a C1 prior to a Ford C Max, Audi A4 Avant and now my fl Superb Combi Elegance 170cr. My wife just reminded me the other day how much I loved that C1. The 3 cylinder engine was advanced and magic. If it it wasn't for the kids...

Chan110,Sorry to hear your recent news,i thought car stereo theft was a thing of the past. :wall: .

Your news and comments by others have made me rethink my forth coming superb purchase due to the fact it will be parked on public roads uk wide,travel/premier hostels,dover docks/surrounding area and pub car parks.

I still really want a superb but the inconvenience of a smashed window when on business would be a disaster for me,let alone the cost of repairs.

:think: I would be prepared to remove the columbus unit overnight every night then refit it when i need to drive it. i have done this before on a much loved cortina 1600e and i am just wondering if constant removal and refitting of the columbus will upset the rest of the cars electronics.

I am ok with a little surround damage/scuffs,a small price to pay.

Chan110  best of luck.

James.

Edited by james0james
  • Like 1

Chan110,Sorry to hear your recent news,i thought car stereo theft was a thing of the past. :wall: .

Your news and comments by others have made me rethink my forth coming superb purchase due to the fact it will be parked on public roads uk wide,travel/premier hostels,dover docks/surrounding area and pub car parks.

I still really want a superb but the inconvenience of a smashed window when on business would be a disaster for me,let alone the cost of repairs.

:think: I would be prepared to remove the columbus unit overnight every night then refit it when i need to drive it. i have done this before on a much loved cortina 1600e and i am just wondering if constant removal and refitting of the columbus will upset the rest of the cars electronics.

I am ok with a little surround damage/scuffs,a small price to pay.

Chan110  best of luck.

James.

Cheer James.

Its one of those things, it might happen again and to anyone -

OR

It might not ever happen again - ever!

Don't let my experience put u off purchasing a Superb or having to stress at removing the stereo every time  :sweat:

As long as u don't live / park in high crime areas or very dark spots - then u and like everyone else have a low possibility of any crime being commited on your vehicle.

I have parked my car(s) in the same car park / spot for years and never had a problem.

I have parked my Audrey (Skoda) in the same car park from 6am to 11pm (only car in the car park) and never had a problem til now.

As the Police say, there is a sudden increase of theft from VAG stereos the past couple of months.

Might be a different make of car a couple of months down the line.

Though I am stressed about it happening to my Audrey again - there isn't much I can do.

The car park is secured, Audrey is Thatcham category 1 (alarm/immobiliser).

But, lives go on - so to speak.

Though, I may start to park in the front car park now (unsecure) but more busy (rear car park barely a soul at times).

Good luck whatever u decide anyway, buddy.

the best way to prevent removal in future would be to tighten the torx significantly then drill the head to remove the star shape from the head of the screw.

can always be gotten around if you need to remove the stereo in the future but is enough to prevent removal in minutes..........

the best way to prevent removal in future would be to tighten the torx significantly then drill the head to remove the star shape from the head of the screw.

can always be gotten around if you need to remove the stereo in the future but is enough to prevent removal in minutes..........

... but not the crowbar through the screen in frustration. Same result, more hassle ...