Oscar Pistorius Murders Girlfriend

Lady Elanore

What on earth happened! If he did kill her, that is. He had achieved just about everything he could in sport and was a hero around the world. Then he shoots his beautiful girlfriend several times and kills her!! It doesn't make sense (although I suppose murder rarely does :( )

Some reports say he thought she was a burglar, but the police also say there have been violent incidents at his residence before. I know it has a reputation for being a violent place to live, but he shot her 4 times some reports are saying.

Edited by Lady Elanore
Verdict changed

I will be avoiding the BBC ill informed speculation show news this evening then.

Have the BBC even got the right guy? SA police will only say "a 26yr old man"

On the morning news the local reporter was specifically asked to comment on the speculation because they didn't have any facts! At lunchtime the latest was that it may have been a Valentines prank that went wrong! I am trying hard to think of any Valentines Day related activity that would involve a 9mm pistol... Call me old fashioned but chocolates, red roses erm... Maybe I'm just past it!

• Like 1

Have the BBC even got the right guy? SA police will only say "a 26yr old man"

On the morning news the local reporter was specifically asked to comment on the speculation because they didn't have any facts! At lunchtime the latest was that it may have been a Valentines prank that went wrong! I am trying hard to think of any Valentines Day related activity that would involve a 9mm pistol... Call me old fashioned but chocolates, red roses erm... Maybe I'm just past it!

That's some weird S&M if it involves a gun :think: , think I'll stick with the chocolates as well

Normally when SWMBO get on her high horse and 'convicts' someone based on the 6 o'clock news report I reply we'll find out once the legal system wheels have turned but I've no real knowledge of the SA equivelent. Whether he shot her on purpose or by accident won't make any difference to the poor girl. she's no longer alive, which is rather sad

It sounds very much like he meant it if the reports are true-ish. Shouting and screaming beforehand, then 4 shots! I guess if he enters a not guilty plea then he will claim he was surprised and thought that his slim, feminine, long-haired girlfriend was a masked intruder and then he accidently kept on shooting her just to be sure. I know we don't have all the facts and probably never will, but all the reports do seem to imply he deliberately shot her. If it was by accident, he clearly shouldn't have allowed to have a gun

Sad, sad news after all the good he did to raise the awareness of the Paralympics. :(

Edited by Lady Elanore

I think the thread title has the word 'allegedly' missing from it

Unless, of course, Briskoda members are more up-to-date with the facts of what happened than the South African authorities

Normally I would have put 'alleged' in the title, but I think this one is in the bag as for 'who dunnit'. I think the reason for this murder is open to debate however.

Is it a done deal that it's murder?

Let's not get too carried away with a few short interviews with a police rep immediately after arrest, and a whole lot of media hype