What tyre's everyone running?

Currently Yoko Parada Spec 2, but I won't be running them again - perhaps as a summer tyre only.

I'm going to be sticking to T1R from now on, but I am tempted to give the much unknown Maxxis Z1? a shot as heard and seen good things.

I'm swaying towards the rainsports just simply because of the rubbish weather we get ! .. I've also read really good reviews on the MAZ1's but don't know anyone with them. A lot of my friends use yokohama AD08's and they all rate them really highly

When I got my Fabia about a year ago, all the tyres were a mix of budgets. Two needed replacing in October, so I did a rear-front swap and put 2x new Hankook K110s on the back. I've still got 2 budgets on the front (one of them is Wanli, the other I have no idea).I think I'm going to go for 2 more Hankooks when those are ready for chucking.

They're a C rating for both fuel efficiency and wet grip, and are a decent price - £67.70 at Camskill.

My driving is mainly motorway.

Edited by Craig A Rodway

Currently Yoko Parada Spec 2, but I won't be running them again - perhaps as a summer tyre only.

I'm going to be sticking to T1R from now on, but I am tempted to give the much unknown Maxxis Z1? a shot as heard and seen good things.

From what I've heard the T1R is no longer available, not sure if it's size specific or that model.

I'll be sticking with Sport Contact 3's from now on I think.

When I got the car it had 4 x Marshall Matrac on. I've never heard of the and found they weren't great tbh.

Got some Uniroyal Rainsport 2's a few weeks back. Put them on the rear and put best pair of the 4 Marshalls on the front. Reason I did this was so they would wear quicker, meaning I could replace them sooner.

That time has come, and I will be trying Uniroyal's on the front so I have all 4 matching.

If I find the Uniroyal's are no good I think ill try the T1-R's.

Another one with Yokohama parade spec 2 here. I don't think I'll get them again. You only have to so much as look at the throttle in the wet and they loose traction. Good in the dry, but wear quite fast.

Currently Hankook V12 Evos which I've been impressed with. But the front two are nearing the end of their life, and one of the rears now has a ******* screw in it, so by later today I expect it to be running 4 of the Kumho KU39s that Event Tyres can get hold of without a wait. The V12s have done me well though including heavy rain and snow. Not quite sure what lifetime I've had out of the pair on the front (which started on the rear and then moved up) but I've probably got the invoice somewhere to work it out.

Might be a silly question but are rainsports good in the dry too?

I currently have some tyres i got free from the hyundai garage when i bought my car. As you might expect they are the worst peices of **** in the world!!!! lol i cant wait for them to wear down so i have to get new ones. Can't justify buying new ones when these have loads of tread left.

I'm running Kumho KU39's, very impressed with them and never missed a beat. Also a bit cheaper than most tyres.

I found somewhere local with Rainsport 2s for the same price as the Kumhos so I went with them again. 2 today, 2 tomorrow.

Might be a silly question but are rainsports good in the dry too?

I've always found them good, even ran my old Leon through Winter 2010 with them on, they handle everything well IMO (no, probably not as good as winter tyres before the winter tyre fans show up, but they were 100% adequate and I never felt unsafe). Dunno what the lifetime is like as I haven't had them on the Fabia and I never had V12s on the Leon so it's not a fair comparison, but unless this current last a lot less than the V12s did on this car then I'll be using them every time.

• Like 1