It's a Wrap!........ Better photo's added ; )

I was actually thinking abo

Can you tell me how they approached the sills? With the stone chip paint at the bottom I had real trouble getting the vinyl to adhere properly when I did mine. I'd like too see how the pro's did it!

I was actually thinking about getting this area wrapped on my Red VRS its the only area of paint work that has started to go, obviously being fwd it flicks stones up at the sill and its started to bleb the paint little blisters etc. Rest of the paintwork is fine so i wondered if you could just have the sills wrapped the same colour as the rest of the car. But being a textured surface i take your point about it not sticking so easy.

Can you tell me how they approached the sills? With the stone chip paint at the bottom I had real trouble getting the vinyl to adhere properly when I did mine. I'd like too see how the pro's did it!

Hi Harry, I honestly don't know, but when I chat to the guy about doing the door shuts and grill I will ask him and get back to you.

The reason I wasn't able to collect the car yesterday though, was because they were concerned about the overnight temperature outside. This suggests to me that they've had to use additional adhesive in some areas, which maybe takes longer to go off?? This is a guess though, so I'll check and get back to you, but likely to be a week or so :)

• Like 1

Very impressive - can you tell me where you had this done please ?

I might be interested in having something similar done to one of our cars

Thanks

Hi, and thanks for the positive comments.

This work was completed by, and under the supervision of, Avery's own technical training guys. The training event was paid for by those who attended, but the cost to me was zero. Avery are the manufacturer of the wrap material applied.

I can't recommend a wrapping company I'm afraid, as I've never used one.

This takes me back to when I had my Peugeot 309 Mi 16v sprayed pearl white with blue flip, I can image yours will look amazing in the metal. I would recommend taking it to a garage a night, the artificial lights will make the the colour look incredible.

Hi Harry, I honestly don't know, but when I chat to the guy about doing the door shuts and grill I will ask him and get back to you.

The reason I wasn't able to collect the car yesterday though, was because they were concerned about the overnight temperature outside. This suggests to me that they've had to use additional adhesive in some areas, which maybe takes longer to go off?? This is a guess though, so I'll check and get back to you, but likely to be a week or so :)

Cheers. I'm thinking of plasti-dipping the sills where the Vinyl is as a kind of weather protectant layer. With it being matt black, it should blend in nicely and you can't see down there anyway.

Well, I have the car back now and to be totally honest I have (slightly) mixed feelings.....

I really like the overall effect and the colour looks great. In very dull/dusk light, it still has a colour change kind of effect but the overall colour looks a little bit more ''off white/very light cream''..... I like it, very different, and I think it's possibly the effect of it being yellow underneath - don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it.

Why the mixed feelings then?..... I never really looked at a wrapped car close up before, not in an 'inspection' kind of way anyway. I'm a fussy git, like things to look spot on. There are some slight imperfections, the odd tiny bit of yellow showing etc, not to the extent that it jumps out at you but If I'd have paid £1500 for this work rather than it being free I'd be wanting this addressed.

Don't get me wrong, overall I'm very pleased and love the effect and impact. However, as my wife pointed out to me last night :wonder: , I knew this was a training event and that as a result the finish might not be perfect.

So I'd say, overall I'm very happy with the result.... but ever so slightly disappointed with a few small things.

:whew:

Looks cool....... Cooler when down ;)

They wash with bormal soap but nothing abrasive

I found autoglym aqua wax is handy, i spray it on while wet on my roof then buff and wipe it and the water off.

My roof is hexis wrap, they do their own products for cleaning

But back to martins car :)

Me likey

Nice result. If there are areas where you feel it's not quite right though, I'd let them know and provide feedback. If it was a training event, that sort of info should be very useful to them.

• Like 1

Nice result. If there are areas where you feel it's not quite right though, I'd let them know and provide feedback. If it was a training event, that sort of info should be very useful to them.

I would do, but I'm 100% certain the guys running the event will already be more than aware of the imperfections. The people being trained are not employees of the company providing the training. They paid £350 each for an intensive 2 day wrapping course. Basically, they are independants who want to move into car wrapping as it's a growing industry.

I knew the risk I was taking, in the sense that 'non professionals' would be wrapping the car under the direct supervision of the pro's. So, a few minor mistakes have been made, that are only visible close up, and don't spoil the overall look of the car. I am a very happy bunny, it's simply that I set my expectations a little too high and I just wanted to be 100% honest with my thoughts on the job.

Having said all that, I can understand why some would say they would never have a car wrapped, in as much as it's impossible to have a 100% perfect finish that looks like a professional paint job on every square millimeter of the car. For example, if you wrap the rear spoiler, you have to have a seam somewhere, so if you're a perfectionist it's probably not for you.

My neighbor came over this morning and asked me if I'd traded the yellow one in for this one!!!

At the price I paid, this is a fantastic result ;)

i was waiting for someone to put these wheels on look very good, are they et45's?

From memory yes, 18 x 8.5 ET 45. Fill the arches nicely, just need to sit her down a touch more.

Not going to go crazy low as I do drive it every day, and there's loads of speed bumps and rubbish roads around here :(

What happens if the wrap gets marked or damaged? I take it that the whole panel has to be re-done? Does is stand up to stones better than paint, so where paint would get stone chips, this doesn't really mark?