New Octavia RS confirmed for Goodwood

423449_423686077723859_1581890771_n.jpg

Just saw it on FB and rushed in here but been beaten to it :D Is that a flat bottomed wheel????? Might need to get rid of the current octy as 11K miles its past its best surly!

A sales guy at a dealer told me the images that were on the Skoda configurator are what the VRS will look like, is this correct?

He doesn't know*, neither do we. But, I'm erring on yes (at a guess).

*Sales guys aren't told anything that you can't already find on the Internet.

5 spoke with a twist, looks like the ones on the leaked config pics. Suppose the mk2 started with 17s as standard so could be 17s at launch.

They do look nice... :) Of course there will be 18" options too I hope!

Hideous looking wheels!!

Have to say I'm with you on that....

But if the same design was stretched out to 18's or even 19's I think it might be a different story. Seen it soo many times when looking at wheels, the best looking ones are usually the biggest.

Will make up my mind soon as I see them on the car but how do you know these are for the vRS? is the assumption based only on the configurator pics? cause on the site listing i can't find any info.

People are assumimg it will be 100kgs lighter. Id be very happy if that was the case but the VRS wont drop much weight at all due to it using the multi link independant rear suspension setup. Most of the weight saving from the new platform comes from the torsion beam setup fitted on the lower spec models only.

I read somewhere that the independant suspension only adds about 16 kgs over the otrsion beam type. Still expect the new VRS to be equivalent on an average person lighter.

Its Aero drag coefficient should be better. All current VRSs pay a premium for their styling but the new one has less pronounced body kit parts it seem so the drag coefficient will not be quite so much a hit over standard and Green Tec versions.

Should be awesome performance and economy for both petrol and wiesel versions.

2012-volkswagen-gtd-diesel-photo-479728-s-520x318.jpg

Hope they grow a pair and rob this paint from vw's paint shop! Minzgrun green should be obligatory on all fast skodas.

The metallic green is nice but this is better!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I read somewhere that the independant suspension only adds about 16 kgs over the otrsion beam type.

Can you point me to the source as thats not how I understand it, thanks. :)

that green is only available in Germany and the rest of Europe (along with a huge amount of other colours), the Uk and Ireland only get a small few colours.

I wouldn't say it a VW trademark surely that would be tornado red.

Since green callipers have now gone red I think giving us this colour would be a cool idea.

After all Skoda and green is like Ferrari and red! :giggle:

People are assumimg it will be 100kgs lighter. Id be very happy if that was the case but the VRS wont drop much weight at all due to it using the multi link independant rear suspension setup. Most of the weight saving from the new platform comes from the torsion beam setup fitted on the lower spec models only.

Rear suspension is just one part of the new platform. The weight is cut down in every step, here is a good overview: http://www.vwvortex.com/features/technical-features/vwvortex-feature-a-first-look-at-the-new-golf-7-mqb-architecture/

• Like 1

2012-volkswagen-gtd-diesel-photo-479728-s-520x318.jpg

Hope they grow a pair and rob this paint from vw's paint shop! Minzgrun green should be obligatory on all fast skodas.

The metallic green is nice but this is better!!!!!!!!!!

When I was a kid, my dad had a colour almost identical to this on a 1978 poverty spec Ford Fiesta, I think it was called 'peppermint green', lovely!! :giggle:

Edited by Matt Pez