First Shark PUBLIC Remap of the 1.6 TDI CR

Hi all,

Just to let you know, my Monte is in for the FIRST PUBLIC remap today at Shark. Im so excited i could wee glitter.

Mine is the 75bhp model which means its BHP will be nearly doubled!

I will let you all know how it goes,

P.S The shark guys are top blokes who know there stuff!

• Like 2

Just got the car back, and WHOOOO What a massive massive difference.

It is truly like a different car,

The pulling power is amazing as compared to before, and the acceleration is amazing....I can now overtake crappy zetec S's :-)

Sharp performance did an amazing job, and i cant recommend them enough. Best £400 ive spent.

• Like 1

Glad I could be of service ;)

And glad to hear it's so good, although I won't quite get the same benefit starting out at 105

Still looking forward to it though :)

Congrats! A near doubling of the power for £400 sounds awesome. What's happened to your insurance premium tho? The only snag with mapping the low power version to that level is that insurance companies often look at the "percentage power increase over stock" when deciding on how much extra to charge you for the pleasure and will subsequently pull your pants down if they will even cover it. A mate of mine found this out to his horror when looking to get a map. Sounds mad when its the same engine but the insurance won't mind so much a 105 being mapped to the same level as its a smaller increase over base.

Wish this snow would go away so i could give it a blast on some country roads.

Insurance wise, it dont really effect me, Im an advanced driver, 8 years NC discount, over 25, etc etc so its increased about 13 quid for the year.....

What sort of figures are you looking at now, both bhp and torque?

Would the increase on the 105hp version only go to the same aswell?

Must say the Monte does look awesome in yellow aswell, like a little bumble bee lol

• Like 1

Would the increase on the 105hp version only go to the same aswell?

Unfortunately yes, as the 75bhp is a detuned version of the 105bhp the gains are much bigger on the 75, then again an almost one third increase is not to be sniffed, and it gives you standard Mk1 Fabia vRS power in a Mk2 body - I'll take that :)

• Like 1

Following this topic with great interest, Brimma have you got yours back yet. when you do can you tell us all about the gains as I would be going from a 105 as well. Had a mk1 vrs in the past and that sort of power and drive would be what I am after.

Following this topic with great interest, Brimma have you got yours back yet. when you do can you tell us all about the gains as I would be going from a 105 as well. Had a mk1 vrs in the past and that sort of power and drive would be what I am after.

Will do, I'd have had it back yesterday if the weather had been better, so hopefully tomorrow if it stays off

Yes our weather here has been shocking but I gather Lincoln hasn't been too bad? 7-8 inches of snow in places through Friday and Saturday.

Everything crossed for tomorrow then :)

My feet are starting to itch

All i can say is my gains (from a 75bhp unit) is amazing. Its nice and relaxed until about 2k revs and then the pull is silky smooth but more then enough to push you into your seat.

my mpg gain has gone up about 5 mpg average as well, which im well chuffed about, and to be fair, ive not tried to drive sensible! Ive just waited for the engine to reach temp and had a little sprint (where its safe to do so)

i never drove the 105bhp engine, so they were a fair bit nippyer then mine in the first place, but now.....Well its just a different car altogether!

I know people rave about the vRS on here and slag off the monte, but in honesty i bought the monte over the vRS for a number of reasons, mainly due to it being manual and not DSG (kinda takes the fun out of driving imo). The sales guy at skoda also told me to get the monte over the vRS due to running costs etc, and said just get a remap it will go just as well....and i think he was right!

Fairplay the vRS has 47 more bhp.....but for the town driving i do, and country roads etc i would say there evenly matched on driving enjoyment and "zippyness" plus its nice to get a constant 50mpg instead of about 30mpg. Suspension is the same, styling is identical, insurance is cheaper on the monte, and its £20 a year to tax.........

Not a hard choice in my book, and now its been mapped......well........Its a little rocket. yeah it might not be as fast as the vRS's, or have its badge but it gives it a good run for its money now.....and all for £400......BARGAIN! :-D

• Like 2

Not a hard choice in my book, and now its been mapped......well........Its a little rocket. yeah it might not be as fast as the vRS's, or have its badge but it gives it a good run for its money now.....and all for £400......BARGAIN! :-D

That's exactly why i love modifying cars. Does the vRS and Monte share identical suspension!! I didnt know that.

That's exactly why i love modifying cars. Does the vRS and Monte share identical suspension!! I didnt know that.

I was wondering that, I think I'd be a bit disappointed if I bought a vRS and it rolled as much as the Monte

well the service guy at skoda told me it shares all the same suspension, mountings etc, i think the rides great on the monte, but i also got told that some of the components of the suspension were changed from 2011 onwards on the monte, so some are pre and post suspension change :-S When i test drove both (over speedbumps going out, and around round abouts) i couldnt tell the difference between the 2 so it backed up what the skoda guy said.