Static shock every time I get out!

Loving my Mk2 VRS estate. ...

But every time myself or any passengers get out of it we get a small static shock!

I know the car is pretty electric to drive but that's one step too far! ;-p

Anyone else had this?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I have had the static problem in the past.

I don’t know if they are still available but it was possible to purchase a conductive rubber strap which was bolted to the underside of the car and then earthed the car when it came to a stop.

Cured the problem and impressed SWMBO.

John

you lot must be changing gear too much and your inner thigh trouser material building it up lol

DSG box so can't be that, literally everytime I get out regardless of clothes or foot ware so maybe it's the material in the seats or the car mats?

I've been having this problem, but it only started this week. I hate it! With a passion! Doesn't seem to matter about clothing for me either, maybe we just have electric personalities??

Yup same here, get the shock almost every time.

Personally I think this is shocking.

My Mates a conductor so I will be asking him for suggestions.

Hmmmm.... Be careful when refuelling

In all seriousness, if this is happening, when you go to get out of the car hold the metal surface of the door frame then put a foot on the ground. You should then have grounded yourself and you won't get a nasty shock.

It's all part of the fun of owning a Skoda I guess :-)

There's probably some part (wire, fuse, resistor) that's been left out in order to save 20p which could/would prevent this. Or the carpets/mats/seat fabrics are sourced from Bolton market.

The charge is on you and its discharging when you get out and earth yourself. Nylon clothes rubbing against nylon seat covers probably. Does your pullover crackle when you take it off over your head? Switch to cotton!

Well here is a weird twist.....

Since the weather has got slightly warmer I have had no shocks this week.

Same clothes (washed ofcourse ;-p )

Same shoes

Same journey's even!!

Weird.

I get this occasionally and it seems to happen more with certain shoes on. I had similar, walking around my flat in nothing but my bathrobe. went to use the loo, the rest is a painful memory!

It was due to the cold weather making the air very dry and so the static electricity on your clothing not leaking away until you ground yourself on the metallic door.