Delays with SE Plus?

wmerrifield

Hi all,

I've been asking about ordering a new Yeti SE Plus 1.2 DSG, and the dealer mentioned that there is a problem with ordering SE Plus models (something about the interior fabric, IIRC)

Is this a known issue, or just nonsense?

Cheers,

Warren

Hi, I am not aware of this and indeed spoke to my dealer today about my 1.4 SE Plus that is on order. When I queried lead times (no build date allocated yet) he said they are not aware of any issues that would delay build.

I'm intrigued to know more!

Not one I've heard of, but there's certainly been a wealth of conversation in the 'waiting list' thread on here about delays and suchlike.

From what I've heard there were a load of delays due to the bad weather and they're racing to catch up now, with some people including me now getting vastly expedited deliveries now (my own being a good three weeks early and in the country already). Might be worth asking if anyone in the 'waiting list' thread knows any more mind you.

Try here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/240482-waiting-list/

Hi all,

I've been asking about ordering a new Yeti SE Plus 1.2 DSG, and the dealer mentioned that there is a problem with ordering SE Plus models (something about the interior fabric, IIRC)

Is this a known issue, or just nonsense?

Cheers,

Warren

Not heard anything, so I'm not much bloody help am I :blush:

What I would say is though, is that some dealers are really switched on & know where there are or aren't issues, others don't even appear interested in the products they sell. If I were you, I'd listen to the dealer & stick with him if he's giving you tips like this (as long as you can't see anything between the lines, e.g. he's trying to sell you a stock model you don't want).

My only mis-judged, mis-guided, & totally lacking in hard evidence, difference I detected during my wait was that cars without sunroofs were getting through a teensy weeny bit quicker than those with. It's so hard to tell though - you get petrol v diesel, 2wd v 4wd, leather v fabric - it only takes a supply problem with one component to cause a wait.

Best news though is that nobody is having to wait anything like they were a year or two back - I'd advise ordering what you want & posting a few rude jokes while you're waiting :giggle:

• Like 2

Since I got mine in May 2011 I've seen different models, engines, sunroofs, colours, diesel, and DSG all being blamed at various times for delivery delays. :wall:

Fred

Wasn't there a long delay with DSG gearboxes at some point in the past?

When I ordered, last April, the DSG+4x4 combination was supposedly the slowest to come through, just a smigeon behind the velux. In fact, I only (only!) had to wait five months, because things were beginning to speed up. If you really want to feel better about the current situation, have a look at last year's entries on Vegit8's spreadsheet via the 'Waiting List' thread :sweat: .

Ordered a 1.2 SE Plus this Monday, went in today to change my mind and add DSG. Salesman tells me he'd been meaning to call me because he'd seen a note in their system this morning saying the SE Plus trim is unavailable to order until at least May 27th due to phasing out of the Kristal interior. Did me a very good deal on the Elegance instead, including my addition of DSG, monthly payment only £9 more for the same term! Thumbs up to Andrew at Progress Bedford.

• 1 month later...

A bit of thread revival.

Had a check with our internal system and the SE Plus is now available.

The Kristal upholstery has been replaced by the SE upholstery, but all other bits remain the same.

A bit of thread revival.

Had a check with our internal system and the SE Plus is now available.

The Kristal upholstery has been replaced by the SE upholstery, but all other bits remain the same.

We ordered an SE Plus about a month ago on an estimated 17 week delivery, due for September. The car will arrive a bit early in a few weeks and we've been told that the SE Plus model has now been dropped from the options and no more can be ordered. So we've been asked to pay full price up front in June for a car we can pick up in September.

Edited by zaentzpantz

The SE Plus was dropped due to supply of the upholstery, the same way back when with Pano Roofs, Boleros etc.

As mentioned, it is now re-introduced but with the 'standard' SE trim.

We ordered an SE Plus about a month ago on an estimated 17 week delivery, due for September. The car will arrive a bit early in a few weeks and we've been told that the SE Plus model has now been dropped from the options and no more can be ordered. So we've been asked to pay full price up front in June for a car we can pick up in September.

Is it me or does anyone else think that's a little dodgy? Surely you only pay when you pick the car up? The you can check all is ok. Perhaps you should call Skoda UK and ask

• Like 1

Sounds a bit unusual, certainly in the UK.

Might help if you stated what your location is, as different markets could be different.

Can't believe you are even considering paying full amount up front.

Who is the dealer and where is he situated, all sounds very dodgy!

Sounds a bit unusual, certainly in the UK.

Might help if you stated what your location is, as different markets could be different.

Located in Surrey UK.

We've only been "asked" to pay when the vehicle arrives eight weeks before the agreed delivery date, so we haven't actually opened our wallet yet and said help yourself, and there is a certain reluctance to do so, especially as the vehicle will not be in our posession for some time. There will be some discussions on this when the time arrives.

I thought the Kristal upholstery was the standard fabric on all models (except of course the leather seated Yetis).

Why pay anymore than the agreed Deposit until the car is in presented to you. This is not standard practice, not what you agreed and makes no sense?

Am I missing something here? I keep re-reading the post and I just can't comprehend it, I know gardening in the sun is a bit silly, but seemed better than the rain!

Paying for a car up front, apart from the initial deposit, just sounds dodgy to me. Not the way of doing business in the UK. I certainly wouldn't do it.