Car turns up finally, only to be refused its sale.

Dinski

Well guys, long story short the dealer I went too, Simpson skoda had lied to me on numerous occasions about many things. I kept my cool right to the end, until they told me the car was due in on a certain day and had assured me or should I say (promised) it would be in.

Anyway they failed to call me that day for about the 30th time, (that's no lie) I lost it and told them All the things that had gone wrong during the past 4 month since I ordered the car. To the salesman's astonishment he said he had no idea I felt that way, which was a fair comment I told him when I had calmed down that I've tried to be patient but it was the final straw.

I told him after the none returned calls and them been dishonest on the cars whereabouts on most occasions, when suk confirmed that they could have checked its whereabouts as they did. And not to mention setting up a finance agreement that was due to start before the car had even arrived at the dealers.

Anyway the car arrived at the dealers a couple of weeks ago, and I spoke to suk and they apologised on behalf of the dealer for all the problems and said she had spoken to them minutes before our phone call, and they were willing to bend over backwards to make everything right.

I agreed to this and said if we could do the hand over and then I would like to move the cars warranty and service work to another dealer, I would still buy the car.

Then....

Maybe only minutes after that phone call I get a call from the sales manager at Simpsons to say that they knew I had put in a second complaint with suk customer service and that they felt there was no way they could make me happy so they refused to sell me the car!

I know what your thinking, what??

I was astonished! As we're suk when I called them back . The sales manager at Simpsons said it was not my choice it was theirs and they refused to sell the car to me.

So I told customer services About this and she said I've never heard anything like it. So she called them and asked what was going on, and she was told the same as me.

So she then called one of the franchise owners to tell him about it. As you can imagine he wasn't happy!

He told the customer service representative that they would love to still sell me the car and they would help out in anyway and try to restore some confidence within the group. To which I replied, I would not buy the car from them if they did it half price.

Obviously as you can imagine she contacted the franchise owner again to tell him what I had said.

She then called me back to tell me that the reason the sales manager had chosen not to sell me the car was because when the hand over is done I would then get a customer survey to fill in, which with one negative would effect there overall score and potentially there bonus/commission. Very naughty! (her words)

So after 4 months of waiting for the car, the day it arrived I didn't get it.

.sorry about war and peace by the way.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

• Like 2

What a nightmare!

They're probably thinking they will easily sell it to someone else because of the long waiting list.

So what now Dinski? Will you order another car elsewhere?

I had a similar experience recentlty at at VW dealer on our new up. However, I did take delivery and gave them 1 star out of 5 (max) for each section on their survey - made me feel good I can tell you. Stuff their bonuses!

• Like 4

Hi Dinski,

Your post is truly unbelievable.

Don't know if it is of any interest but Sinclair Skoda, Swansea have 2 brand new 4x4s for sale. I have dealt with Brian Thomas on sales and he is A1 in my opinion. May be worth you giving him a ring.

Hope everything works out for you,

Shanco

• Like 3

To be honest Mariek I think I will just keep my current yeti for now.

If I do order another car it won't be another yeti, don't get me wrong I know as well as most people on here (except offnote) they are amazing cars, but I don't want to wait so long again.

I may consider a new octavia at some point in the future but if I did it would be a stocked one.

Astonished!

I guess the sales manager will soon be looking for a new job?

I'm aware that SUK demand very high standards from their dealers & that even 'satisfied' is not considered a good response from SUK - they want 'very satisfied' in every case - can't blame them. BUT, surely SUK's involvement should have at least as much, if not more, of an effect on their bonus/commission.

If I worked for SUK, a dealer refusing to sell an ordered car to a customer would be the immediate end to their franchise - no question!

• Like 4

I was told because they are an independent dealer they have the right to cancel an order, they have still purchased the car from skoda.

But we all know they won't struggle to sell it.

I totally agree with skoda Al though, it should be enough to end them.

I have to say suk were really helpful.

What a bunch of ******* (I'll * it out myself before the site does)

On an asides if I was you I'd also make sure you post this in the dealers reviews section of this site too.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/53-skoda-reviews/

Good point!

I was told because they are an independent dealer they have the right to cancel an order

They may have the right, but probably a suicidal move for them?

I don't purport to know the car industry, but I was under the impression that there are plenty of car dealers out there pleading for a Skoda franchise (the latest Which? & Auto Express surveys have probably strengthened this) but Skoda have to ensure that they are geographically separated. Let's hope that some more customer-focused operation get to take their place.

• Like 1

To be honest Mariek I think I will just keep my current yeti for now.

If I do order another car it won't be another yeti, don't get me wrong I know as well as most people on here (except offnote) they are amazing cars, but I don't want to wait so long again.

I may consider a new octavia at some point in the future but if I did it would be a stocked one.

Or you could buy mine now for £15495.

If you need to p/ex your existing Yeti, my car is currently at Jardines Skoda in Milton Keynes who are marketing on my behalf albeit at £17250 and giving me £15k when sold.

http://www.briskoda....sel-2012-white/

This is absolutely disgraceful. I barely have the words to show my anger at this service.

If it was near to me I would go and stand outside and warn potential customers away

I am fuming, you must be a very calm individual!

• Like 1

Which branch of Simpson's?

Also, you have entered into a contract with them by ordering the car, they can't just back out like that. Had they registered it to you and given you the reg no so you could arrange insurance?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Sound like a breach of contract here and I am sure legal action could be taken against them for invalidating a contract to supply. It would be interesting to know how they would react if you pulled out of the contract after making an agreement. What about your deposit which they have probably held since your order, not only will you get that back but I would expect interest on the amount they have held as well

Agree with the 2 previous postings, especially if you have signed something when you ordered. It might well be worth checking if you have free legal cover on your house insurance.

• Like 1

well, in US that would be illegal and you could sue them.

Probably the most factual thing you've said. Also that kind of Customer Service out there would close them down in days.

Unfortunately on some matters US does not transpose into UK.

Back on topic, this is outrageous I hope SUK refuse to supply them with any further vehicles. I'd like to say their loss but I don't suppose they'll struggle to sell the vehicle. In fact I bet they already had an alternate buyer lined up which prompted their course or action

Edited by BigV

First of all thank you all for the response, you have definitely inspired me to look into taking legal advice.

As for the dealer they were Simpsons skoda Colne, not local to me but they had a better deal than local dealers at the time.

I have been refunded the deposit as it was them who refused to sell to me.

I am tempted to take the story to local papers, do you guys think it's worth doing/ would they be interested? I have dates and times wrote down for many of the problems and also some voice messages left on my answering machine.

Again thanks everyone.

REALLY SORRY to hear of your problems Dinski - a quite disturbing tale. Something somewhere has gone drastically wrong with the relationship between you both, almost from the beginning. Though of late, the franchise and one of it's owners obviously wished to make things right - a little to late it would seem.

I presume that with your location you are referring to Simpsons branch at Colne. Quite a few acquaintances have cars from both the Preston branch and the one at Colne, and have them serviced etc there, and the service we receive from them is nothing like what you have experienced, thank goodness!

Simpsons (Preston branch) are my local dealers and though I did not purchase our Yeti from them [we originally bought it where we used to live in Norfolk], they have been exceptionally helpful and courteous over the last two years. They have even carried out minor work for which I was not charged! "Have it on us Sir". Most unusual for a dealer I think. Personally I have found all the staff to be very knowledgeable with a real desire to help, as many comments in the Briskoda "Skoda Dealers" forum section will bear out. They even activated my rear DRLs which other dealers said [and still say!] could not be done!

I feel sure that as far as the franchise owner is concerned, that someone will be getting their ear bent - and probably non to gently! Hopefully with some-sort of internal investigation being carried out and the situation being resolved to mutual satisfaction.

..............Tony

I am tempted to take the story to local papers, do you guys think it's worth doing/ would they be interested?

Not likely!

'Local' papers have one aim in common - to fill in the space between adverts.

They love you to take on public bodies, but not paying advertisers.

• Like 1

To echo above, which branch and which salesman? I have always been impressed with Simpsons and the quality of service. When they operated for D2D the Fabia was screwed up by SKcz for a variety of reasons and Simpsons where brilliant (free courtesy car, taking a px etc etc)

This time they gave a fantastic deal on the new octy, though like all dealers they can be tardy ringing back but they have done, the car was built 18th March and they where expecting to hand over by 31st but due to delays in Germany it as been delayed until Friday, which meant I did sign the finance papers so started paying before taking delivery but not bothered and not Simpsons fault.

Sounds like your car was another hit by suspended sailings from Nth Germany

Edit my dealings are with Colne, like I say I think you must bean odd one out, they have always had glowing refs on here and I can't complain this time either.

As a point of interest if Skoda UK (VW) finance had already set up the credit agreement, there should be no way the dealer can withdraw from the sale and the car should be yours. I cannot see how Simpsons could possibly stop you changing over the collection point if this is the route you preferred , so if it was me I would definitely be taking legal action not only against Simpson's but also Skoda Finance because effectively you will have paid a deposit and committed yourself to the purchasing the car and it's repayments. Any legal eagles on this forum or other dealers who can comment.

Graham's idea sounds a good one to me. Clearly SUK don't feel they can do much regarding the yeti Simpsons now have, so why not see if they can 'slip you one in' and get you a replacement PDQ. As they must make loads every day surely they could ask the factory if you could jump the queue as a goodwill gesture as 1extra yeti isn't going to upset the apple cart. I'm guessing they must make a certain number for release to general stock, so couldn't they swap your original order for one of those? Maybe worth asking

I appreciate people will have had good experience with this dealer, it goes without saying but mine was far from good.

I won't name the salesman on here, I don't think it would be fair.

Simpsons sales manager called me after this whole event to tell me that the finance would be cancelled and that the refund of my deposit would be through within a week, I am still in talks with skoda UK at the moment.

Hopefully between us we can sort something out.

Edited by Dinski