Very very disappointed :(

franklingti

Having ordered my car late January an having brought various accesories an extrasfrom eBay an amazon to make it, it was built week 15 an was in the country from this Monday I could not contain my joy. I had ordered a 60ps green tech elegance in candy white with all the extras bar the sunroof. Had a voicemail of my dealer today asking me to ring him. So I rang him an told me my car was at the garage!! I was so excited to pick it up but there was bad news. IT HAD COME AS AN SE!! I'd had most of the extras I'd asked for but it wasn't the elegance I wanted :(. Turns out there's not a single car in the country or even being built that's a similar spec to mine. So disappointed as I've waited nearly 3 months for it an now will have to wait another 3 months if I want the car I should of had in the first place :(

I have no idea. The salesman told me it was the manager who left in late February who did it so I wouldn't be able to get any compensation from skoda uk! How convenient!! ????

Well that pretty well answers the question then as to whose fault it was. That's a real bummer...I'm so sorry for you. You might be better getting them to check what cars are either built or have been scheduled for production and go for the closest match to what you want to minimise further delay. With a bit of luck maybe you might not have to wait too long then. Lean on the garage to do right by you, or go elsewhere.

How about trying for.free servicing and an extended warrenty from the dealer, assuming what the salesman said is correct and you've got a copy of what you ordered. Still must have been a big letdown for you, just when you least expected it. I know this looks lime the dealer but is it only Skoda that seems to mess things up or are all manufacturers just as bad as they seem to struggle meeting due delivery dates or are the ones I've seen just a few exceptions to an otherwise good level of service?

I spent nearly 2 hours in his office discussing different options. We did look on the computer an there is nothing on the system that's close to what I wanted! They so however have a citigo sport in the showroom which is brand new. However I would lose out on the cruise control, parking sensors an safety pack. He did however say the parking sensors could be fitted to it an I could have it at the same price as my elegance. Should I be pushing for me? He says there's a £485 difference that I would be saving. Really wanted cruise control though which I've been told cannot be retrofitted. Regarding the servicing, aprently you don't get it free with the finance where as the rest of the citigo range you do!!! However you get free insurance which works out roughly the same an paying for the servicing which is £320 I've been told!

TBH mate I've never been in thr position you're in because I've bought both my Octys from normal stock, but hopefully some of the other guys can let you know what they managed to get deal wise in a similar situation. Sorry I'm not up to speed with the citigo spec, but if the safety pack means you get ESC then I'd want a car with that as shortly they've all got to have it, so any without will be less desirable. I can understand why you want cruise an parking sensors too. The other option is you could get the dealer to check the national stock daily as it changes all the time, though don't know if you'll get anything other than what's on the stock model and it's a bit hit and miss.

Hopefully you'll be able to sort it.

The parking sensor that they retrofit will not work with the PID - you get the sound in the car when reversing but there is no graphic on the PID screen.

Cruise control can be retrofitted (here in Denmark) but again it will not be a factory version.

I'd wait for them to build the 'real car' and have them give you a substantial discount for their error.

Don't you guys have something similar to AAA in the USA or ADAC in Germany - a car owner's organization of sorts? They will tell you all about your options and rights.

I'm sure I'd be a real pain in the backside if that happened to me. I waited 5 months for mine - June 19th 2012 - November 7th 2012 - one month more than expected. The only 'right' I had was to cancel the order which of course would make no sense, since they would have been able to sell it to somebody else for much more money than I had to pay - supply and demand.

Guest Tsi Fly

Just a thought but when I ordered my car I was playing 2 dealers against each other for the best deal. Both were similar price but one dealer was able to change the spec of an existing factory order they had put in so I only waited about 7 weeks. Ask the dealer if he is willing to do this and if not ring around and find one that will. Worth a go !

Found myself in a similar though not quite as severe position when the elegance spec car delivered for me had two doors more than the one I ordered.

I ended up with a substantial discount on the car in addition to the difference in price between the two models (ended up with a discount just short of £1000)

You are in a strong position to negotiate a discount as it is very unlikely the garage is going to have another customer coming in wanting a car to that spec and in your colour choice. The dealer does not want to have a car stuck on his hands and can afford to offer a good discount.

Having said that It would have to be a very good discount to even mildly tempt me to accept a car so wildly differing from the spec ordered. I think I would be inclined to insist that they get another car to the correct spec as quickly as possible and at a satisfactory discount or tell them to shove it and go elsewhere.

Hope it gets sorted to your satisfaction

Edited by deejay1001

I wouldn't settle for the wrong car.

Get them to place a new order and give you a loan car in the mean time if you need one.

+1 don't let them force you in to something. I had an old work mate do this with his Audi TT that came without the magnetic suspension

If you accept an SE,even with every extra under the sun,it will still be valued as an SE when you come to sell it.

The convenience pack is an excellent extra ,especially for the cruise control.

Don't settle for what they want you to have. You asked for an Elegance and that is what you should get. Contact Skoda UK and say why you chose that particular model. If you are currently a skoda driver give them a brief history of why you have continued to have Skoda. They like to keep their customers happy, they know you have a choice. When you get a call/email asking about your buying experience say how disappointed you are with the garage. They get paid on their performance and don't like bad feedback. Good luck it will be worth the wait in the end.

• Like 1

I would definitely hold out for the model and spec you originally wanted, after all that's why you ordered it and decided to wait in the first place.

I would be pushing for a courtesy car and or get them to hold the trade in price of your current car and a sizeable discount for all the hassle. Take in your original paperwork showing what you originally ordered and get the dealer to sort a deal out or tell them you will cancel the order and buy something else.

You'll be amazed what they can come up with then ;)

Edited by Cb40
  • Like 1

Thanks for all your replys people. When down the garage again today an they have a brand new sport with no optinal extras. What I managed to get was £500 of it, the parking sensors including fitting, free servicing an a tank full of petrol.I told him that wasnt enough hoping he would busge more but he said thats the most the manager could give me. What are your thoughts on that? I know it's not the elegance an I miss out on my safety pack, cruise cruise control an heated seats but then there's stuff the sport comes with as well. Nothing's been put on paper so I guess I can still say no to that. Would appreciateany comments though. Cheers :)

I think you should tell them to stick it and go for what you wanted in the first place,all so if they still wanted the new order they had better come up with something to make me wish to stay with them,or else of to another dealer.

• Like 1

Agreed, tell them to stick it. They should be bending over backwards to sort you out with the car you ordered, not robbing you off with a car they have in stock with inferior non factory options stuck on.

Get on to Skoda UK, lodge a formal complaint against the dealer for their incompetence and see what Skoda come up with. How they didn't manage to notice in 3 months that they had ordered the wrong car is beyond me. Push for maximum compensation for the inconvenience, 3 years servicing and an extended warranty should be the minimum you accept.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I'm awaiting delivery of my Citigo Elegance 5-door with all the extras inluding the Summer Pack too. It's already in Sheerness so just has the 90 mile trip to the south coast to cover now.

If my car arrives and it's an SE not an Elegance and/or any of the specified extras aren't fitted, I will tear my hair out or at least I would if I had any!! :giggle: I would definitely come to some arrangement with the dealer because I would not wish to accept a car that I'd carefully (and expensively) specced and I would refuse point blank to accept it, even it meant another 3 month wait. At least you could have a 63 registration and have all the 2014 year enhancements if you waited 3 months? I see that VW will increase the price of the up! by 1% on the 1st of May so if Skoda did the same, I'm sure the dealer would also swallow that increase for you. Stuff their SE, stuff their Sport!! :devil:

I don't understand all the fuss with this thread.

If you want the Elegance stick to your guns. Either wait, or go elsewhere. In the meantime raise a complaint with Skoda UK with a view to getting some "goodies" or compensation.

Good luck anyway.

+ 1 The dealers should supply you with exactly what you ordered. Complain and compensation for the inconvenience and further delay. Don't settle for a lesser model you didn't order and paid/pay for.

Edited by fabia55

The only one problem I have is that the dealer has given me a ridiculously good part ex on my fabia that I'm 99% sure will not get anywhere else. I am actually keen on the sport as I was going to buy the spoiler an the 15 inch black alloys for the elegance anyway. I forgot to mention as well there's free insurance on the sport. I think I'll ring up skoda uk on Monday an complain like hell. They know me well anyway as I've already had compensation for all the oil issues with my vrs!

An Elegance should already come with the 15" Auriga wheels - as of February as far as I'm informed.

You put money down for something that wasn't delivered - end of story. Don't let them sweet talk you into anything.

Wait for them to deliver the right car and make them pay for their error.