New to the forum - Fabia VRS Mk1

angusrowan

Hi all, recently took ownership of a Fabia VRS mk1. Chopped in a Grande Punto 1.2 with a very poor reliability record so hoping for a better experience. Not convinced I have bought the right car!

- It's red

- It's covered in dents and scratches, one on driver's door is rusting on surface.

- It's a 53 plate with 120,000 miles on it

- Makes a few clonks going over bumps, need to get it up on a ramp and have a look.

- Not sure of service history - looks to have been done by the guy who owned it - lots of receipts but none for new clutch, dmf, turbo or any remapping.

- Engine and gearbox seem sweet, pulling very well.

Experience so far has been great, got it at the weekend and done a mix of town and motorway, loads of power compared to the pathetic 1.2 in the punto, and better MPG as well!

I'm sure I will be posting regularly on here for tips and tricks, want to get the car back to its former glory, starting with the mechanicals.

I got a Mk1 Fabia VRS (also red!) last summer. 56 plate, 80k miles. Love it so far, but I think it's had an easier life than yours, by the sounds of it.

Good luck getting it fixed up. I'll be following your threads for tips on what to expect. I've heard Fabia suspension is a bit troublesome; I've been getting a few dubious clunks and squeaks lately with mine.

Welcome to both of you. I hope you enjoy your cars and your membership of Briskoda. :)

P.S. MIne is silver and has had the console bushes - one of a number of sources of suspension noises -replaced.

On the suspension note, is it likely to be doing any additional damage? It isn't dreadful, but I do have a lot of pot holes, speedbumps etc in my daily drive. Sounds mostly rear suspension, though it is hard to tell.

The various holes in the dashboard, broken vents, bits hanging off etc do indicate a fairly hard life!

I also really like it in red. My wheels are pretty mashed (they are different to normal fabia vrs ones, but I think they are still OEM) so they will probably be the first bit of exterior work.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys just bought a lovelly black vrs off of my cousin got real cheap but does have 184k on the clock but honestly its like new, i remapped it for him over a year ago and i cant get over how quick these cars are!!!! i instantly fitted some powerflex bushes to the front and a new drop link and its like new again if not better, just got to put a uprated clutch in now due to the map causing it to slip.