Citigo/UP!/Mii recall

pixel_viking

AUTO.DE just reported that all Citigo/UP!/Mii produced January to March 2013 will get a recall:

Google translate text:

Not only BMW has problems with the airbags. So now also has theVolkswagen AG noted that in some vehicles, the so-called "New Small Family" misconfigured airbag control units were installed. Affected are 42,926 vehicles of the world Seat Mii ,Skoda Citigo and VW up! out of the production period from January to March 2013.

As a result of this programming error, the side impact sensors for side impact may not be reliably detected. This may mean that in the event of an accident may cause the side airbags and pretensioners delay or failure.

The repair of the vehicle concerned only takes about 30 minutes and is free of charge for the customer.

Cheers for the heads up.it affects the following VIN No.s TMBZZZAAZDD630729 to TMBZZZAAZED600006Just checked my VIN and yes we have won a free recall (for a minute there i thought it was the premium bond draw :giggle: ) VOSA in the uk have the recall here http://www.vosa.gov....eeText=Blank=

Edited by Owens

Skoda UK/Dealers should be contacting the effected car owners to arrange for the work to be carried out.

Our's is also affected.

Shall visit Sinclair Skoda, Swansea in the morning and find out what's happening - shall post any information that I glean.

Thanks for the 'heads up' Pixel Viking.

Shanco

Edited by Shanco
  • Like 1

Went to our Dealer today for some Ocky bits and booked the Citigo in for the 10th to have the recall done.

Also getting the interior light changed as the switch is knaff. You just look at it and it does not light up when a door is open. Blow on it and it works?

Took the Little Un to book for the recall. Skoda Sinclair were aware of the recall and very efficient - looked up the recall data and booked in next week for the work to be done.It's only a half hour job so not a big inconvenience.

Yes thanks to pixel_viking for the heads up, and to Owens for the Vosa link. Our car is end of October and a check of the VNC number confirmed we are not involved. The Vosa site gives the reason for the recall.

How does the Skoda Citigo VIN Number progression work? Are they not sequential? The figures below are from RecallUK.com (same number of cars up for recall as VOSA) and TMBZZZAAZDD630729 plus the stated 1,563 Citigos involved (presumably UK ones?) comes to TMBZZZAAZDD632292 if my addition is correct. Where and how does it manage to reach TMBZZZAAZED600006? Why does it become TMBZZZAAZED600006 and not TMBZZZAAZZD673655 if adding on 42,926 Citigos as stated in pixel_viking's original post? I'm just curious!

I seem to have escaped the recall as my Citgo was built in April. :sweat:

Skoda Citigo Side Airbag Diagnostic Recall

Recall Summary

Skoda Citigo side airbag diagnostics not working.

Recall Issue

Skoda is recalling some of their Citigo cars because the airbag control units may have been incorrectly programmed. This error will result in the side crash sensors not working meaning that potential faults will not be recognised and the airbag warning light will not be illuminated.

Skoda Citigo Cars Affected By This Recall

There are 1,563 Skoda Citigo cars affected by this recall. They were built between January 2013 - March 2013 and have VINs in the range - TMBZZZAAZDD630729 to TMBZZZAAZED600006

What Should Skoda Citigo Owners Do?

If you have, or believe you may have, one of the affected Skoda Citigo cars then please contact your local dealer.

Recall Launched

May 2013.

Edited by JimmyR

How does the Skoda Citigo VIN Number progression work? Are they not sequential? The figures below are from RecallUK.com (same number of cars up for recall as VOSA) and TMBZZZAAZDD630729 plus the stated 1,563 Citigos involved (presumably UK ones?) comes to TMBZZZAAZDD632292 if my addition is correct. Where and how does it manage to reach TMBZZZAAZED600006? Why does it become TMBZZZAAZED600006 and not TMBZZZAAZZD673655 if adding on 42,926 Citigos as stated in pixel_viking's original post? I'm just curious!

I seem to have escaped the recall as my Citgo was built in April. :sweat:

My VIN number is in there (with ...AAZDD...), but my dealer could not find my car on the factory list of recalls. So either (1) not every number in that sequence is used as a VIN or (2) not all cars produced in that time period are faulty.

It seems like some of you want to have your recalled, why is that? Mine is also very close to this series, but I thought that would be a good thing..?

It seems like some of you want to have your recalled, why is that? Mine is also very close to this series, but I thought that would be a good thing..?

I'll just pop on my amateur psychologist's hat and venture that it is down to people thinking that they are going to get an update to correct a fault, rather than thinking "mine is close to that number, what if mine has the fault and they have missed it?". By having the update they can be sure the fault is corrected.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it is not just a case of chassis number either. The affected vehicles may have to also have certain features fitted i.e. not all cars have ESP fitted etc.

• Like 1

This one is just down to incorrect coding of the air bag system which affects the side airbag deployment. Well thats acording to the details the Skoda garage showed me?

• 4 weeks later...

Well went to the dealer yesterday and after an hour and a quarter they completed the recall. They also fitted a new interior light as the one we had had a mind of its own when you opened the door (Maybe I will, Maybe I won't work).

I made sure they updated the service book to note the recall had been done.

Will Skoda be writing to owners of vehicles which need the recall?

Yes, you will be contacted if your Citigo is affected by the upgrade :-) At least that is how it works in Norway..

Edited by JonA

Has someone let bossfox know ? :giggle:

not even sure he has any of the original electronics in the citigo-go, certainly little in the way of warranty,

its a reverse kit car I think, instead of the donor car donating its engine and running gear, and going into a bespoke chassis / shell, his is donating the body shell going onto bespoke engine / running gear

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received my recall today from Skoda/VOSA.

Booked in for 02 July.

As a matter of interest,are any replacement parts being fitted,I ask as my Seat Mii is waiting for a part from spain ????,guess this might be a new control unit.

Yeah that was what i thought,but seams on some the up date can through up another problem hence requiring a control unit in our case,but ours is a Seat but they are all the same i am led to believe.