Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

Just bought a 2018 1.0tsi Estate to go with the 1.2htp fabia we have had for a few years... Love the Octavia, nearly had a Pug 308sw GT line but the dealer let me down and rejected it... No regrets on getting Octavia, lucky escape I think 😂 DSG and 1.0 works greatIMG_20191019_181539.thumb.jpg.8bae102027404211b3ae2840ba29cdd1.jpg

9 minutes ago, StevoM said:

Just bought a 2018 1.0tsi Estate to go with the 1.2htp fabia we have had for a few years... Love the Octavia, nearly had a Pug 308sw GT line but the dealer let me down and rejected it... No regrets on getting Octavia, lucky escape I think 😂 DSG and 1.0 works greatIMG_20191019_181539.thumb.jpg.8bae102027404211b3ae2840ba29cdd1.jpg

Good choice, has amazing performance.   Enjoy !

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, daveybag4 said:

Daveybag - Octy vrs facelift, soon to be 400+ horsepower with hybrid is38 turbo wahoooo

Hope you can control the power. It will be torque steering monster. Just don't try and overtake on a wet B road or you may find yourself in an adjacent hedge. Mine is interesting on a wet road with only 336bhp and 517nm.:giggle:

Received my Octavia today.

Energy Blue is very blue!!!!!

SE Technology 1.0 manual with no options, just a couple of additions already.  Standard textile mats & my favourite upgraded Philips Racing Vision headlight bulbs.  Very happy with the bulbs, much whiter than the stock bulbs.

Only driven 30 or so miles so far, but very happy.  The adaptive cruise is excellent on 70 mph dual carriageways, I was unsure if it would be useful on a manual, but it is fine.

I will update when I have a few more miles under my belt. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kental said:

Received my Octavia today.

Energy Blue is very blue!!!!!

SE Technology 1.0 manual with no options, just a couple of additions already.  Standard textile mats & my favourite upgraded Philips Racing Vision headlight bulbs.  Very happy with the bulbs, much whiter than the stock bulbs.

Only driven 30 or so miles so far, but very happy.  The adaptive cruise is excellent on 70 mph dual carriageways, I was unsure if it would be useful on a manual, but it is fine.

I will update when I have a few more miles under my belt. 

Congratulations Kental!👍

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 22:10, shyVRS245 said:

Hope you can control the power. It will be torque steering monster. Just don't try and overtake on a wet B road or you may find yourself in an adjacent hedge. Mine is interesting on a wet road with only 336bhp and 517nm.:giggle:

Hahaha it will be funny trying to control it lol. Going with the turbo technics V3 it’s basically is38 but with upgraded internals, good for about 480 apparently but won’t have it turned up fully. Should be looking at around 440hp and 440lb/ft. Can’t wait to let it rip 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, daveybag4 said:

Hahaha it will be funny trying to control it lol. Going with the turbo technics V3 it’s basically is38 but with upgraded internals, good for about 480 apparently but won’t have it turned up fully. Should be looking at around 440hp and 440lb/ft. Can’t wait to let it rip 🤣

You'll be on first name terms with your local tyre fitter.:thinking:

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Manual no problems with the standard clutch despite 380lb/ft at 2661rpm.:sweat:

Nice one sounds like you got a strong clutch which yours :)  I’ve had to go down the haldex 6 paddle route which is still usable for everyday use unlike most paddle clutches. 

15 minutes ago, Outrunner said:

I've just bought a Dec 18 registered 2.0 TSI 190 DSG SE-L with 81 miles on the clock from the dealer that registered it.

Hope you got it for a good price? Is this your first Skoda? Hope you enjoy it.

17 minutes ago, BigBute said:

Hope you got it for a good price? Is this your first Skoda? Hope you enjoy it.

It's my 2nd, traded in my Mk2 Superb 2.0TDi Elegance for something a little smaller. I'm very impressed with the smoothness of the 2.0 TSI engine.

• 2 weeks later...

Having ordered in 1st week Sept., I picked up my new 1.5 TSI SE Drive (manual, velvet red) yesterday!

Wet, cold, dark and foggy here yesterday so just came straight home.

I've only driven 30 odd miles but I have to say I'm impressed by everything so far; build quality, ride, handling and interior comfort are far better than I had been led to believe by online reviews.

I'm just learning the tech just now but again, it's all very impressive. The sound system also exceeded my expectations, miles better than my focus had.

My only negative comment is that the handbrake is on the passenger side of the central consul, but I'll soon get used to it.

Here's some bad pics (including the only mod I'll be applying 😊)

IMG_20191128_152211~2.jpg

IMG_20191128_152153~2.jpg

IMG_20191128_160259.jpg

• Like 1

The 17” wheels & the black grille & surround really lift the looks. 
Very nice looking car you have there.

If the weather permits a clean this weekend I’ll post a few more pictures of mine.

Edited by Kental
  • Thanks 1