Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

42 minutes ago, DC04R said:

had a few of those rippers back in the early 2000's! 1.9 GTi though with a massive 130 bhp, ha. Still the scariest throttle response and snappiest rear ever and felt like a bean can.

Know what you mean - in 1985 I bought a Renault 5GT Turbo (after test driving a 205 GTi 1.9 and an Uno Turbo) which soon got treated to a negative camber front suspension mod and turbo boost tweak by Brodie Brittan Racing which gave it 180bhp - which for a car made out of metal no thicker than baked bean cans made it go like the proverbial off a shovel and made me smile like a Cheshire Cat!!!

Didn't get the same driving enjoyment until 2007 when I bought an Audi B7 RS4 (420PS from a 4.2V8) - which I had to sell when I retired in 2016.

• Like 2

On 17/03/2020 at 23:32, coupe69 said:

Finally got my VRS petrol estate after many weeks of looking. There's literally only 2 sub 13k petrol estates nationwide on Auto Trader! plenty of diesels mind. Great condition with full Skoda history and 60k miles.

vrs.png.8e48e6477a6f30f78687934ac67de242.png

Looks lovely coupe69!

Sadly I am having to sell mine due to a change of circumstances, will be putting it up on here soon.

2015 Moon White TSI manual estate, with transferable 2 year Skoda warranty and service plan. Immaculate and with 44,000 on the clock and for less than you were looking to spend.

• Haha 1

On 05/05/2020 at 10:57, moonwhite said:

Looks lovely coupe69!

Sadly I am having to sell mine due to a change of circumstances, will be putting it up on here soon.

2015 Moon White TSI manual estate, with transferable 2 year Skoda warranty and service plan. Immaculate and with 44,000 on the clock and for less than you were looking to spend.

Good luck with the sale, I didn't actually pay anywhere near 13k I was just surprised how little choice there was in the market 🙂

8 minutes ago, coupe69 said:

Good luck with the sale, I didn't actually pay anywhere near 13k I was just surprised how little choice there was in the market 🙂

Thanks! Hoping to sell it to someone privately who can make use of the warranty and service plan. It is immaculate with new brakes/disks and remachined alloys also. Wish I wasn’t having to sell. 

• 1 month later...

This is my 2014 (14) diesel vrs. We bought the car new from West End Dunfermline and forgot to trade it back in! 😂😂  I think for a six year old car with 67k it is standing the test of time pretty well? I'm normally ready to trade cars after three years but this still makes me smile so why change 🤷‍♂️.  They all have their issues but I have to say we've been pretty fortunate to date...

20200525_121237.jpg

• Like 3

Hi All,

Just bought this today, 2018 1.5 TSI SE L DSG Octavia, Traded up from an Astra 1.6 CDTI SRI.

Pick the car up this week sometime, anything I need to look out for?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ACtC-3c4de_P-oscKHXpgkhBSQz2vm0-ZLz0gXnDvqsXP_OsrG79descqrSK5SFcle--yqAC1b8286NoX7zFZDKo6aLEAzoYsnyr-LqekV5z16zsLOASuHuPRoPBqC1OeybWiuMtJwKdxFcn58oUUf2ljve6=w1400-h933-no?authuser=0

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ACtC-3eBWYaKwm-23kSZDJjhKG32y1JA4pkYL0YdbjSwcjIb8HLRQSSrU5wuMC5ys-_IDhL79gfE-zlzv3V5QY-59c-ukPEQsepHQaP-CZLd-mAwOM8x150bKfQbidI4D-5Zp5Q0nsmXjbbp6Z9gycEO1OIX=w1400-h933-no?authuser=0

Can't justify a Diesel anymore as my mileage has come down from 500 a week to 140, not sure if i've done the right thing or not, but it looks sweet & drives like a dream!! 

3 minutes ago, Spoon69 said:

Hi All,

Just bought this today, 2018 1.5 TSI SE L DSG Octavia, Traded up from an Astra 1.6 CDTI SRI.

Pick the car up this week sometime, anything I need to look out for?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ACtC-3c4de_P-oscKHXpgkhBSQz2vm0-ZLz0gXnDvqsXP_OsrG79descqrSK5SFcle--yqAC1b8286NoX7zFZDKo6aLEAzoYsnyr-LqekV5z16zsLOASuHuPRoPBqC1OeybWiuMtJwKdxFcn58oUUf2ljve6=w1400-h933-no?authuser=0

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ACtC-3eBWYaKwm-23kSZDJjhKG32y1JA4pkYL0YdbjSwcjIb8HLRQSSrU5wuMC5ys-_IDhL79gfE-zlzv3V5QY-59c-ukPEQsepHQaP-CZLd-mAwOM8x150bKfQbidI4D-5Zp5Q0nsmXjbbp6Z9gycEO1OIX=w1400-h933-no?authuser=0

Can't justify a Diesel anymore as my mileage has come down from 500 a week to 140, not sure if i've done the right thing or not, but it looks sweet & drives like a dream!! 

It's a good engine and you will be surprised by its good economy even on short journeys. Just check usual things on collection like ice scraper behind fuel flap, umbrella under the front passenger seat and locking wheel nut in the boot tool kit. Good luck, it's way better than an Astra.

Just now, shyVRS245 said:

It's a good engine and you will be surprised by its good economy even on short journeys. Just check usual things on collection like ice scraper behind fuel flap, umbrella under the front passenger seat and locking wheel nut in the boot tool kit. Good luck, it's way better than an Astra.

Astra has been good, but its a budget tin box.

I presume that the ice Scraper is the Transparent Green thing behind the petrol flap?

I'll check for the Brolly when I pick it up, Its a Main Dealer car so if its missing, i;ll push for it. I did notice that it has the Factory Towbar option in the boot - Thats a winner for a start.

if this Octavia is anywhere near as good as my old Superb, I'll be well happy, 5 years motoring 70.000 miles, only issue was a leaking Pollen filter - fixed for £6.00

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spoon69 said:

Astra has been good, but its a budget tin box.

I presume that the ice Scraper is the Transparent Green thing behind the petrol flap?

I'll check for the Brolly when I pick it up, Its a Main Dealer car so if its missing, i;ll push for it. I did notice that it has the Factory Towbar option in the boot - Thats a winner for a start.

if this Octavia is anywhere near as good as my old Superb, I'll be well happy, 5 years motoring 70.000 miles, only issue was a leaking Pollen filter - fixed for £6.00

Yes correct about the green thing. Been lucky myself keep buying the reliable ones which never let me down, wife seems to buy the problem ones LOL.

23 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Walking is better than an astra hahahaha

• 2 weeks later...

New guy here from Cumbernauld-already said my hellos in Hellos and Goodbyes section.

I came from a Mazda 6 2.2 D which I've had for four years into an Octavia VRS Estate Petrol  in Rallye Green-named Kermit by my 10 year old daughter :). Only had it a few days but absolutely love the car.  

Previous cars include Mondeo STTDCi and Seat Leon Cupra.

Looking forward to joining in here and hoping to get plenty out of the forums. 

f.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Markos72 said:

New guy here from Cumbernauld-already said my hellos in Hellos and Goodbyes section.

I came from a Mazda 6 2.2 D which I've had for four years into an Octavia VRS Estate Petrol  in Rallye Green-named Kermit by my 10 year old daughter :). Only had it a few days but absolutely love the car.  

Previous cars include Mondeo STTDCi and Seat Leon Cupra.

Looking forward to joining in here and hoping to get plenty out of the forums. 

f.jpg

I had a Rallye Green Vrs TDi DSG hatch back in 2015 for just 7 months and 7,000 miles. I loved the colour but the 181bhp diesel engine didn't work well with the 6 speed DSG IMHO and it only averaged 45mpg (500 miles per tank). My 336bhp Vrs245 bought in 2017 averaged just over 40mpg and was a lot more fun as is my current Skoda a 360bhp Superb with 4WD and the great 7 speed DSG. Added bonus it has averaged over 39mpg so far in nearly 6 months of ownership.:thumbup:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Obalaan said:

2015 RS TDI

Eibach Sportline.

19" AEZ Straight dark.

Facelift rear lights (Not in 1st picture).

OEM Alcantara steering wheel (pics will come).

Full interior led, rear plate led and parking light front.

Highline OEM rearview camera.

Things to do:

Lip on rear ving.

Debadge rear and black skoda badge front and rear.

Expansion bottle replacement (ordered)

DPF/EGR delete.

Remap.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Looks good, dude. What drop are those Sportlines?

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Rick-e-see said:

New owner of a Quarz Grey, 2018, SE, 1.0, 115ps.  Not as smart or powerful as some of the great looking cars above, but looks smart and drove well this morning nonetheless

As long as you're happy with it , that is all that matters :)

If we sat side by side stuck in traffic on a dual carriageway, there would be no difference at all :)

Welcome to the Octavia club :D

• Like 2

Owner of a new-to-me, ex-motability '68 Octavia FL 1.5TSi DSG SE Estate in Quartz Grey, having found myself not enjoying the '19 Fabia that preceded it.

Car has done 6,700 only so must have only done little drives to the shops, so drives sweet. Engine is nice and has enough punch for me and gearbox is baby-bum smooth. Such lazy driving compared to a 95PS Manual Fabia!

Only thing is to sort out Auto lights (surprised they don't come as standard) and chuck some LED interior lights in (for now)...

Edit: Oh, and a full size spare...

Edited by Benz3ne
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

G'day chums 😀

Took ownership of the below RS230 this week! Never pictured myself driving a Skoda of all things when I started the search for a fun manual wagon, but here we are.

After some thought I've decided that Ramius is the perfect name for him, as- I've just defected from the French car family, the "battleship grey", and the proper pronunciation of "Škoda" reminds me of Sean Connery :D 

I like to tinker so have already ordered a dogbone mount to tone down the bloody wheel hop....will look into VCDS next!

20200726_123811.png

• Like 2

What part of OZ do you live in because @StealthRS245 has a very nice tuned 245 Octavia in Black Magic and visits this forum? The wheel hop is one of the reasons I switched from my 2017 336bhp Vrs245 to a 4WD Superb 272 for the infinitely better traction. Much more fun when you actually move forward rather than bounce up and down like a demented Mexican cartel leader.

• Haha 2