Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

On 22/10/2020 at 10:33, Jacob87 said:

owned this 68 plate petrol VRS for about 18 months but thought that it was worthy of sharing now I have the badges and grill sorted...

in an ideal world I’d like to get lowering springs and wheels with a slightly wider offset but holding off to see if I’m tempted by the new vrs wagon...

also, has anyone had the issue below and know the best fix? (Front wing trim blistering and peeling off)

C2E64010-4906-4F02-AAC8-9B0C3291DD9F.jpeg

7F744E3C-6956-478B-BF11-64E4FB3EB338.jpeg

Had this happen on my Honda Civic. Turned out the car had been dinged and repaired/resprayed, but obviously not well. I actually blew the paint off the bumper with a jet wash.

On 07/12/2020 at 23:18, TrinityJay said:

My neck hurts! Nice colour though, looks great. Has it got spacers fitted? Maybe it's just the angle but it looks like it has a wider track than mine (which resides in Australia where aftermarket spacers are illegal).

Probably just the angle! She's not standard for a VRS 

On 27/09/2020 at 18:34, phil7 said:

Thanks for the info and offer both, I'll do some research. 

Hi 👋🏻,

I’m a new Skoda owner and have VCDS. Being based in West Wales, if you need a hand with VCDS coding, just let me know 👍🏻

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, srh007 said:

Hi 👋🏻,

I’m a new Skoda owner and have VCDS. Being based in West Wales, if you need a hand with VCDS coding, just let me know 👍🏻

Very kind, thanks. I was just in Carmarthen today as it happens.

13 minutes ago, srh007 said:

Hi 👋🏻,

If only you were in ireland haha! Could do with a few codes taken out 😂😂 welcome and happy Christmas! 

5 minutes ago, phil7 said:

Very kind, thanks. I was just in Carmarthen today as it happens.

Ah! We picked up our car today and drove through Carmarthen! If you are ever passing and need a hand, let me know 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Kjb2910 said:

If only you were in ireland haha! Could do with a few codes taken out 😂😂 welcome and happy Christmas! 

Thank you for the welcome. Indeed, as the crow flies really not far away! Sadly with lockdown and the time it takes to get to you, not too practical to help I’m afraid 😟 !

10 minutes ago, srh007 said:

Ah! We picked up our car today and drove through Carmarthen! If you are ever passing and need a hand, let me know 👍🏻

Cheers, I have family near Carmarthen so visit reasonably often. I need to learn what vcds can actually do first! 

Nadolig llawen! 

On 25/12/2020 at 20:17, srh007 said:

Hi 👋🏻,

Good to know! I’m in Swansea but travel between Llanelli and Cardiff for work so down that sort of area anyway. 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1) Stokey, 1.4 TSI Elegance HB, race blue, ivory full leather interior

2) Erniem, 1.6TDI Elegance HB, Denim Blue, Columbus Sat Nav, Bi Xenon

3) Stuart, 1.6TDI SE HB, Brilliant Silver

4) Carrock, 2.0TDI Elegance HB, Race Blue, sports suspension,

5) Stokie_nav, 2.0 TDI Elegance HB, Steel Grey

6) Spearmg, 2.0 TDI Elegance HB, Denim Blue

7) Matt Pez, 2.0 TDI Elegance HB, Race Blue, Man, Black Int, Winter Pk, Park Ass't, Golus, Spare, Cornering Fogs, Chrome, Sill Guards

8) John Y, 2.0 TDI Elegance HB, Cap. Beige Metallic, Black Leather, Winter pack, Golus 17" wheels, Spare Wheel, Zenon Headlights, LED Rearlights, Chrome Sill Guards. Front Mudflaps

9) DJD66, 1.6TDI Elegance HB, Race Blue, Beige alcantra/leather interior, Chrome window surrounds, Spare wheel, Sill guards, Front mudflaps

10) DavidF3911, 2.0CR Elegance HB, Candy white, Beige interior. No options.

11) Viking68, 1.8 TSI Elegance 4x4 DSG, Race blue, Alcantara +++ (dlv. Oct)

12) Pumatron, 1.4 tsi Elegance HB, candy white, 18" Golus, sports suspension,canton sound system, crew protection, LED rear lights, heated front seats, chrome window trim, apple connector, boot net program, cornering front fogs, spare wheel, mudflaps, sill protectors.

13) Timoctav, 2.0 TDI Elegance HB, denim blue, black alcantara /leather, bi-xenons, rear light LED's, winter pack, park assistant, spare wheel, Mitsumi Apple device connection, sill protectors

14) GWM97E - 1.6tdi Elegance, Black, beige alcatara/leiather. Ordered a set of roof bars as well, but they haven't arrived as 'they haven't been tested for the UK market yet' !!!

15 ) Laurpat - 1.6 TDI Elegance, Candy white, 18" Golus, Sports suspension, Tinted windows (70% rear, 30% front), Heated windscreen, Heated front seats, Hill hold control, Tire pressure warning light, LED rear lights, Interior light in footwell front and rear, ISOFIX" on passenger seat, No engine label, spare wheel, mudfla

16) Hawkster - 1.4TSI SE, Petrol Blue met, spare wheel, front mud flaps

17) Albors - 1.4 TSI Elegance, Beige capuccino, bixenon, chrome, driving mode selection, Black interior, alarm, Teron 17" wheels, interior light in footwell.

18) Richie - 1.4 TSI Elegance HB, Pacific Blue, Black Alcantara/Leather, Bi Xenon, LED rear lights, Golus 18" Alloys, Heated front seats, Mitsumi Apple Connection, Spare wheel, Lane Assist (for the wife) - On order

19.) St3v3o - 2.0 D VRS Estate in Meteor grey, Full Anthracite Alacantara, Heated seats, Heated front & rear screens, Dual zone Climate control, Hill & Lane assist, Winter Pack, 19" Extreme's, Columbus infotainment system

Hi from Sydney...

This is my MY15.5 Octavia RS 162 Wagon, DSG, Tech pack.  Only thing I'm likely to do to it is upgrade the interior lights as i bought it as I have a baby on the way and my MK5 GTI was a manual which my wife couldn't drive (I just sold it today, so sad to say goodbye to it!).  I did think about a stage 1 tune but that's a lot of power going through the front wheels. Will want new tyres on it too before the baby arrives as they're average wear but Vikings on the front and Falkens on the rear... so will replace them with something safer and  better handling.... Maybe LED fog's too!

Only thing I'm missing is my Apple Carplay as I'd fitted a OEM VW unit to the GTI and it was easier to use than the Columbus system in this.

IMG_1526.jpeg

• Like 2

Another Aussie, welcome mate! :)

I bought my '17 RS230 with a sneaky 'Stage 1' tune, which I didn't know about at time of purchase and I'm not sure the dealer did either. You're not wrong that it's a lot of grunt going through the front wheels! I have new P-Zeroes fitted and it will happily squirm around on those at WOT in 2nd, even with the VAQ LSD. I haven't driven a stock vRS but I did test drive a Megane GT220 before my purchase, which has the exact same figures as your car, and it felt plenty quick.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TrinityJay said:

Another Aussie, welcome mate! :)

I bought my '17 RS230 with a sneaky 'Stage 1' tune, which I didn't know about at time of purchase and I'm not sure the dealer did either. You're not wrong that it's a lot of grunt going through the front wheels! I have new P-Zeroes fitted and it will happily squirm around on those at WOT in 2nd, even with the VAQ LSD. I haven't driven a stock vRS but I did test drive a Megane GT220 before my purchase, which has the exact same figures as your car, and it felt plenty quick.

Cheers! 
I just drove it for the first time in the wet yesterday and it wasn’t fun at all, it felt like when I used to have to drive on snow! So I’ve just ordered Goodyear Eagle F1’s all round, so we’ll see how they go before I decide on that tune...

I have a stage 1 tune bringing the PS up to 300 and use Continental Sport tyres on my 2015 Octavia vRS. OK in the wet but can spin the front wheels in 3 rd gear (DSG gearbox) if I am clumsy with accelerator. Can get axle tramp in the dry though especially over bumps and manhole covers. Hope to cure this with beefed up engine mounts. Love the car on the Continentals.