Badge quality!

Hmm - just had my Superb Elegance in for first service at 14k. Had reserved a courtesy car which turned out to be a Roomster. Talk about feeling like Postman pat! Went to see a customer who fell on the floor laughing when he saw the car.........

Anyway I washed the Superb at the weekend - yes even though they had promised a courtesy wash it did not get done and then I notice the front Skoda badge looks like water has got in and made it look mangy. You would have thought they would have checked this at the service as the brand damage by a cheap plastic badge on a £30k car is not impressive to say the least.

Then I went to check my wife's 11 plate Fabia and guess what that badge has water ingress in same place (silly me same type of badge of course).

Must be a problem? Has anyone else experience this?

Yes its very common.

Had it on both my Fabias.

I'd recommend speaking to your main dealer and getting some of the

current chrome style badges for your cars. They are constructed differently so

shouldn't suffer this problem.

Mine had the same issue and it was replaced free of charge by my dealer. They took photos of the badges and reported the damage to Skoda UK as defective parts so they could order the spares at nil cost.

's good that the cars are so reliable etc that this gets a mention! My Fabia needed rear badge but not until out of warranty.

Replaced badge and old one had MADE IN ITALY on the back-need I say more?

Made in Czech Republic=quality!!

On the Skoda Superb we have, its got in the service book a random looking code on stamped in the back of it - when we googled the code it came up with badges replacement under recall or similar.

Got my badges replaced under a recall last week, when I had my car in garage for an unrelated issue, had heard of problems with badges on some cars, but mine appeared ok, but were changed none the less.

My badges were replaced under warranty last year (had bright white marks on them, the common problem). However, the new ones are starting to have the same problem after less then one year. So I'll have to request new ones again. :wall:

My car is a year old now and the badges have "wormed" but I am leaving it until its first service in about 4-5 months. In adition my plastic nut covers have faded simply through washing. :thumbdown:

My badges are starting to go after a year old, plus the milk patch effect starting to come through on the chrome window surrounds (rear 1/4 Window on the combi).

Edited by JakeBlade

• 8 months later...

Got front and rear badges replaced today, under warranty. Dealer has taken photos of the rear 1/4 milky chrome surrounds to send in to SUK.

My surrounds are cloudy too, look forward to hearing how you get on.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Had same problem with badges on last one, it was more like white patches coming through.  Didn't bother changing them though and traded it as it was.  Chrome was starting to show clouding (back only) as well but it didn't get any worse.  I'm keeping an eye on it in my current one.  Still it does say a lot about Skoda quality if this is one of the more noticeable issues!