Mileage

jonceebee

Reading Johan's comment in the thread "Ready to Order-Almost" he states "I do mainly short trips in London and then in summer lots of camping blasts... Mine has done 24,000 miles over nearly 3 years "

it would be interesting to see what mileage other members do on average per year and where they tend to use their Yeti's. ie: Pleasure, business, second car etc. If we could possibly pin this for everyone's comments it could build a picture of the cars reliability, usability etc. for potential new owners to base their decision on what engine, drive etc.

Fairly modest 30k in two years, mainly daily commute of 72 miles across the Yorkshire Wolds and a number of driving holidays, including the Czech and Austria, Wales and the Isle of Bute. Cars been serviced every 10k so far rather than variable, this being a personal preference.

TP

Just use mine for driving around Liverpool.I am down to a mere 3.5K miles per year now (the days of going out for a blast in the car for enjoyment is no longer an option with the petrol prices),am seriously considering down sizing to a Citigo.

Johann barely uses his Yeti at all :rofl: . I'm on 55,000 miles plus over a slightly shorter period, and there are lots more folk on here who have done much more than that. Used to use mine commuting, on a mixture of rural and city roads (40 mile round trip), and then for work, travelling to various visits out, mixture of urban, rural and motorway driving. Now I'm retired that usage is gone and these days it's mainly country lanes over to my boat, but once or twice a year I drive to the Alps to ski.

• Like 1

28,000miles in 3 years (including towing van) with no DPF lights and only one automatic regen.That was after going up and down a very winding Langdale valley twice a day for six days. Total about 100 miles with 12 cold starts and an 8 mile journey. Majority of the seriously urban stuff is done in Fabia - mainly because we have it and it needs to do something. Being retired means all driving is for pleasure. :giggle:

Just over 5 months old and not yet reached 2k, it is currently 1850 miles mainly town use with the odd 30 miles round trip to our caravan on part of the M180, but most of the time we go via country lanes as I love the feel of the Yeti on bends etc. Now I am retired and the company car has gone back the mileage will probably ramp up a little

25k in 2 years and two months in the SM I've just traded in. I don't do high mileage day-to-day: this figure was boosted by several runs to the south of France and back each year (which were most comfortable and enjoyable in the SM). I now have a car that I keep in France, so anticipate only taking the new SM there once a year (the wine run!) and using planes or trains for other visits, hence the change from the 170 diesel to the 1.8 petrol.

Sold my previous Yeti at 3 years with about 39K and have done 1K in the new 4 week old Yeti, I reckon 13K just pleasure not work etc.

I've had the Yeti just over a month and done just over 1000 miles, mainly short journeys around the Derbyshire Dales and a trip to Ikea. Looking forward to taking it up to North Yorkshire in the summer hoildays, taking it in preference to my wife's Mercedes E250 which is better on the motorway but less fun on country lanes.

.... Pleasure, business, second car etc...

Whenever I drive my Yeti it's always a pleasure :sun:

I've done approx 7K in 10.5 months. Most mileage is the commute to and from work which is 22 miles each way and about 80% motorway work. Also I'm usually on the road well before rush hour although even If I do get stuck in bad traffic being in the Yeti is such a nice place I don't mind too much..

Mines 3 yrs and 2 months old and has 34,000 on the clock. Mine generally does more mileage abroad than in the uk; approx 6,000 miles each year for multiple trips to France, Spain, Germany and Italy. Last year it also added Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia and Croatia to that list. On these trips it will do up to 14 hours per day on the road, cruising at legal speeds. My cars are always totally over serviced (which many on here say is totally unnecessary but they are my cars and its how I prefer to look after them). The Yeti has a new oil & filter every 5,000 miles and a Haldex fluid change every 20,000 miles. All the other filters are replaced at approx. half the manufacturers recommended distances also. Mines never missed a beat, even though its now running over twice the power than when it left the factory. I do however, show massive amounts of mechanical sympathy when its driven and its never ever been pushed before the oil temperatures are up to over 90 degrees. The turbo is always given a couple of minutes to cool down before switching off after a spirited drive, usually about a minute after any normal sort of drive.

• Like 3

15,000 in 14 months mainly pleasure including one 2000 mile trip to France. On average I fill up every fortnight and cover around 400 miles between fills. Only averaging 36 mpg which is disappointing though a lot of my journeys are short 8 - 10 miles.

Mines 3 yrs and 2 months old and has 34,000 on the clock. Mine generally does more mileage abroad than in the uk; approx 6,000 miles each year for multiple trips to France, Spain, Germany and Italy. Last year it also added Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia and Croatia to that list. On these trips it will do up to 14 hours per day on the road, cruising at legal speeds. My cars are always totally over serviced (which many on here say is totally unnecessary but they are my cars and its how I prefer to look after them). The Yeti has a new oil & filter every 5,000 miles and a Haldex fluid change every 20,000 miles. All the other filters are replaced at approx. half the manufacturers recommended distances also. Mines never missed a beat, even though its now running over twice the power than when it left the factory. I do however, show massive amounts of mechanical sympathy when its driven and its never ever been pushed before the oil temperatures are up to over 90 degrees. The turbo is always given a couple of minutes to cool down before switching off after a spirited drive, usually about a minute after any normal sort of drive.

Thanks for the reminder about allowing turbo to cool.
  • Like 1

My Yeti will be two years old in August, it currently has 82,000 miles on the clock, it gets used for work and just about everything else from family car to towing and working for its keep, I would say it has been treated firm but fair and will serve for another year when it will be replaced with another Yeti.

I don't really concern myself with warming the oil before winding it up and getting going nor do I sit and what for the turbo to spool down, even on tickover the turbo is spinning fast and will continue to spin long after you have locked the door and walked away. They are designed to do this.

After seeing a Red Yeti competing at How Fast in Bedford and sitting in the top four or five on the leader board I would say your Yeti's have a lot more to give.

• Like 2

Annie is at 4.5K miles after nine months (heading for a probable 7K in the year, allowing for some planned longer journeys). Motorway mileage so far is a rather high (for us) 1200 and the rest is rural A and B roads and lots of lanes. Annie is definitely the wrong specification for our usual pattern of shorter rural journeys but the 140ps 4x4 diesel was essential to handle a big caravan. Last year's holiday season was over before she was run-in (we don't do winters, Iain!) so her towing mileage is only around 150 so far this year. However, as there are 140ps to play with, I do, when I can!

It's just possible that the 'van may go after next summer. If that becomes likely, I would probably have to think about switching to a more appropriate 1.2 ltr DSG, around Annie's second birthday.

Mine has just turned 11,000 miles in 2 years and 1 month. My daily runabout is a trusty old Berlingo van and we only use the Yeti about once a week or so. The only time we use it for longer is on our rather frequent few days away touring Premier Inns in various parts of the UK.

37,000 miles in 2 1/2 years. Roughly 2/3rds business use, mainly driving around South London, never to the same place Trips vary from 1 mile to several hundred in a day, when I get my exit visa for going outside the M25. :lol:

Fixed servicing every 10,000 miles because my engine will have been running for longer than most on variable servicing when manage 18-20,000 between services.

Average speed is around 20mph for the 37,000 miles and 37.7mpg.

So far no DPF lights, and recently had its first active regen for many a month, so drove down the A2 at 50 in 3rd, (which is good for over 60mph).

Mine has covered just under 16k in two years. We use my wife's Micra auto for short journeys and the Yeti for longer trips to our home in La Vendee, to friends elsewhere in France and the out-laws in Pembrokeshire. Thinking of ditching the Micra (1996/ 36K miles) but wonder about the DPF issue if used frequently for shopping trips of 2 to 3 miles. Love the car and the 140 diesel/DSG combination for long journeys. Currently returning an indicated 48 mpg. The Yeti spends roughly 6 months in the UK and 6 months in France where consumption always seems to improve and the diesel is less expensive???

In it's first year it did 20k miles, which is now reducing as I have bought an electric car (LEAF) for the commute.

It's also done three track days playing with VRS's, some light offroading and I also use it to tow a car transport trailer for moving purchases/toys around.

No faults, no warning lights or DPF, no concerns.

By comparison my wife's 1.2 DSG in the same time frame has done 2,500 miles and lived in the garage every night.

It's only driven around the local villages and done a few trips long trips.

Likewise, no faults, no warning lights and no concerns.

Our Yeti was bought for winter use and seeing as we didn't really have a winter last year it has done 2,000 miles in 16 months.

We do all local trips in the Fabia and longer summer trips in the Jaguar.

12,000 miles per year, mostly rural roads to work and back. A one way trip is 15 miles. On the weekends, trips here and there, but a minimum of 5 miles from cold as we live out in the green stuff. :sun: