Meteor Grey - the picture thread

Any chance you could go back and take a few photos?  :giggle:

I got a few pictures the other day when I popped by to pick up my PID as I thought of this thread when I saw it. I think the colour looks great in the metal. The reaction logo on the wing looks quite tasteful too. I might be biased toward towards the colour as one of my favourite cars of all time is the Megane R26R in lunar gret, which was a very similar hue:

WP_20130731_002.jpg

• Like 2

Must have a look close at the wheels, does the quality of them look poor?

I quite like the look of those alloys, i like the spokes and the silver rim edge compared to the all coated Trinity on a Monte Carlo.

(16" Comet, i think they will be just the job for fitting with Winter Tyres.)

http://eshop.skoda-auto.com/cz/en/b2c/sport-alloy-wheel-comet-6-5j-x-16-5j0071494bx--1

http://www.skodaparts.com/product/fabia-alloy-wheel-comet-16-inch-2010-2013-50489

The Meteor Grey Colour looks nice and easy for invisible touch ups when stone chipped.

& at the cheap price of purchasing a Reaction, getting a wrap could be an idea if you get sick of people asking why they never finished painting it.

george

getting a wrap could be an idea if you get sick of people asking why they never finished painting it.

george

I also figure here George that people could also question their fraternizing with people who think they're funny when they're not.

Not sure if ChumleyWarner above means the quality of the finish on the wheels or expressing a personal dislike - but I think they look OK. They suit the car well enough, but aren't very sporty or purposeful looking. But they certainly seem good wheels, and well painted etc.

It hardly has much need to be looking more Sporting with its 12v 69ps engine,

but as a City Car or Commuter the 16" rims might be a lot more practical when dodging potholes and sometimes failing.

Should be just fine in anything but the worst of road conditions in winter they way it comes.

Probably will give a better ride than the Monte Carlo or vRS for just getting around on bad roads.

Quite a bargain i think for the space provided, and possibly cheap insurance for those that need that.

(i see one Online Discount site showing a price of £9004 OTR)

george

Tis indeed a lot of car for nine grand OTR.

Its closer to 10k and its just a base Fabia S with a couple of extras not even metallic paint. Who wants to buy a Fabia S at that price?

Edited by xman

Its closer to 10k and its just a base Fabia S with a couple of extras not even metallic paint. Who wants to buy a Fabia S at that price?

I definitely think £9004 is closer to 9K than 10K. - I was replying to George's post above not the Skoda RRP.

I definitely think £9004 is closer to 9K than 10K. - I was replying to George's post above not the Skoda RRP.

That would be Broadspeed - the price is not guaranteed, they say its "usually within £100 of the actual price", plus you need to pay an additional fee of £199 and if you want home delivery another £75-£100.

AFAIK Broadspeed do not negotiate price with the dealer until they receive your order, and you do not know the actual price until the price is negotiated. So the initial price quoted is a finger in the air job.

Edited by xman

No argument with that, they cost what you can get them for.

A base Fabia S does have a higher RRP than a Reaction, 

£9,945 for the 60 ps with the 'S' instead of 69ps with the Reaction @ £9690 RRP, Steels instead of alloys, A/C & Leather Steering wheel..

There is the 69ps 'Limited Edition' @ £8,995 RRP, to be found for 'Much Cheapness'.

Its just what might suit someone and the deal they can get.

george

There seems plenty of nit-picking and pedantry towards me when all I stated was that it is a solid car at a good price based on another member's quoted figure. I believe Skoda research their price structure carefully, and the question "Who wants to buy a Fabia S at that price?" would probably best be to take that up with Skoda's marketing department.

Charlie

• Like 1

Not sure if ChumleyWarner above means the quality of the finish on the wheels or expressing a personal dislike - but I think they look OK. They suit the car well enough, but aren't very sporty or purposeful looking. But they certainly seem good wheels, and well painted etc.

To be honest, i wasnt a fan of the look of the wheels and also the glossy finish reminded me of a set of Halfords finest. Dosent compare to the allyos on the other Furbys. I did think that it was a lot of car for the money though. Although no leccy mirrors? Please, Id rather walk!

• Like 1

Just read your comments in the other post on the Standard of the Trinity on your new car.

The Black Gigaro on a vRS are finished similar to your wheels ie coated where you see and not around the back,

the Dark Chrome are prone to corrosion,  so not sure what Furby wheels you are comparing with, it must be ones in simple Silver or White.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/283213-monte-carlo-alloy-paint-quality

george

Just read your comments in the other post on the Standard of the Trinity on your new car.

The Black Gigaro on a vRS are finished similar to your wheels ie coated where you see and not around the back,

the Dark Chrome are prone to corrosion,  so not sure what Furby wheels you are comparing with, it must be ones in simple Silver or White.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/283213-monte-carlo-alloy-paint-quality

george

Exactly George, the standard of the paint on mine isnt great, the ones on the Reaction were, in my opinion, worse. The glossy look I remember them having reminded me of something Ive seen on many a boy racer Corsa. If they are finished off the same as the Trinity and Black Gigaro, it doesnt look as good.

The style of the wheel was also not to my taste. When compared to others Ive seen in the range, Silver, White and Black, I didnt think they were as good. Just my opinion though.

Hope that makes more sense.

To be honest, i wasnt a fan of the look of the wheels and also the glossy finish reminded me of a set of Halfords finest. Dosent compare to the allyos on the other Furbys. I did think that it was a lot of car for the money though. Although no leccy mirrors? Please, Id rather walk!

Funny you should mention the mirrors as when I was in the dealers taking that picture a couple pulled in to the dealership in a white Monte (with white wheels looking very swish), to take a look at the Reaction in the showroom. Chatting to them as they were leaving, and it turned out that they like the look of the reaction (a new second car for the couple I understand) but the absolute dealer breaker for them was the manual mirrors. For me the mirrors are something that I adjusted when I first bought the car and then never touched in 2 years, but I can understand if 2 people of different dimensions are using the vehicle regularly.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a VRS in my village in grey with silver wheels - I think it's actually the most complimentary colour for the car's shape actually, looks great especially if you like understated looks.

• Like 1

I don't think my local sales person liked my "Is that why it's cheap? They've forgotten the colour and lacquered the primer" comment...

Still fancying a red Monte as the Citigo idea went out the window when I asked my brother to sit in the back, he's 6'7'' and doesn't like the back of the Leon so anything smaller back there is out.

Edited by Stonesie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...