Delivery times

Back on 9 Jan I said in my post, VRS ordered 31 Aug was provisional Wk 21. That went to Wk 25 then back to Wk 11. Spoke with SUK yesterday only to be told no provisional date and that my order didn't get accepted until 5 Nov (not the 2 Oct SUK had previously told me), as my dealer had used up their quota and weren't able to order for 9 weeks! So here I am 22+ weeks from order, 18 weeks from being told that my order wasn't accepted until 2 Oct and now 13 weeks from when it actually got accepted. All of this the dealer denies any knowledge of!! Needless to say the phone call to the dealer was not pleasant.

I feel for you CeeDee, that is really poor, how could the dealership fail to mention their inability to order for 9 weeks! Clearly just interested in your money and not providing you a service that you would expect.

Skoda UK just called, finally code 20 for a build week 7, that's 25 weeks from order to build  

I have spoken to SUK this morning and have a confirmed (code 20) build week of 7 (next week) I ordered Oct 28th (week 43) so only 16 weeks from order to build.

vRS diesel, manual hatch. Colour maxidot, susnset glass, standard cruise control and black pack options.

Do dealers have maximum quotas? That seems strange. Surely it punishes a successful dealer.  What ever the reason ceedee has not been fairly treated. To have waited 22 weeks and still not have a build week.... Even if a miracle happens and it gets built say WK 8, order to collection will be 26 wks.  That long wait is bad, but the changing information must be worse as you can't make any plans. I hope you get some resolution soon and get some kind of apology.

CeeDee phone SUK and ask if they can supply you with a courtsey car as you are delayed, others have had these from 18 weeks waiting.  I know its not the car you want but, it will put a little pressure back on SUK.

Regards

T

Edited by themanwithnoaim

I feel for you CeeDee, that is really poor, how could the dealership fail to mention their inability to order for 9 weeks! Clearly just interested in your money and not providing you a service that you would expect.

Do dealers have maximum quotas? That seems strange. Surely it punishes a successful dealer.  What ever the reason ceedee has not been fairly treated. To have waited 22 weeks and still not have a build week.... Even if a miracle happens and it gets built say WK 8, order to collection will be 26 wks.  That long wait is bad, but the changing information must be worse as you can't make any plans. I hope you get some resolution soon and get some kind of apology.

I would be surprised if dealers had quotas for the number of cars they can order each month.

What I think is more likely is that the dealer waits until the end of the month to place the "real" orders with Skoda.

As most car dealerships are run as a franchise, especially if it is a large dealer, I imagine that they will get an extra discount on the combined price if they order a certain number at the same time.

e.g. an extra 5% if they order 1000 cars per month.

Targets are everything within the car industry (as with most other industries)

In the run up to Christmas we received a daily email listing the number of cars sold - we required to meet 110% of targets to get a manufacturer bonus (why not make the 100% target a larger number??) . Skoda operate a similar scheme, was told that next year Skoda are expecting dealerships to hit 120% of current targets, this would make a mockery of dealer quotas.

vRS Estate TDi Manual with some common options ordered 27/11/12. Moved from BW8 to BW18 now its BW20 !! That will be seven months from order !!! What a load of *******s.

Edited by B19RAK

I ordered an Elegance Estate TSI with lots of extras plus Front Assistant and 220V plug on 20/11/2013. I don't know what the build week was but on 20/01/2014 I got an email from the dealer the car is in the country. 7 days later I got it. So for me it was 2 months and 1 week from order to delivery.

Our SE 150 4x4 ordered on the 11th October took exactly 16 weeks to arrive on the drive, which just fell inside the dealers original forecast for delivery, this being end of Jan latest; collected on 31st :giggle:

Had been touch and go mind with delivery being re-forecast a couple of times to March then February.

TP

:happy: 

Changed my profile info as don't want my dealer to identify that I'm not happy with their customer service, in much the same way that I would not criticise the chef prior to him/her preparing my soup... :sweat:  My delivery date was mid Jan but as we're all aware that's all gone belly-up due to demand and I do not have a problem with that and it reflects, I believe, my good choice of car [insert halo smiley here]. The salesperson's all round customer service has been pretty diabolical in just about all aspects you can think of with the exception of this person being 'nice'. SUK have advised me that likely delivery-to-dealer date is mid Feb so I mentioned to said salesperson that I'd expect it to be early March on a '14'; "ooh, not sure if we can do that as sometimes Skoda don't like it, we'll see...". I didn't bite due to the aforementioned 'funny looking blob in soup' theory. S/he did not sell me the vehicle, I bought it but it's been hard work all the way. What's the matter with these people and/or their customer service skills training! I'd have though the first thing they would be trained in is having some empathy regarding the sheer bloody excitement someone experiences during the whole process of purchasing a new car from the first visit to the forecourt to driving away with yer new shiny,shiny wheels. I hope to bejeezus the service department is in a different league :wonder:

End of rant, 'tis good to talk...

Anon :bandit:

Update: Dealer still doing the "Skoda might not like it" routine so called SUK who confirmed my call of a couple of weeks ago saying "1st March ok with us" and gave me a Case number which the dealer requested as 'proof' :wall: Popped in today to find that common sense and capitulation rule. They didn't even bother to inform me of their 'decision', car not even arrived at the dealer yet and it still feels like they're doing me a favour. No worries, job's a good'un; 3 weeks today before I try m'soup! :happy:

• Like 1

Update: Dealer still doing the "Skoda might not like it" routine so called SUK who confirmed my call of a couple of weeks ago saying "1st March ok with us" and gave me a Case number which the dealer requested as 'proof' :wall: Popped in today to find that common sense and capitulation rule. They didn't even bother to inform me of their 'decision', car not even arrived at the dealer yet and it still feels like they're doing me a favour. No worries, job's a good'un; 3 weeks today before I try m'soup! :happy:

If you want it in March you can have it in March. Just tell them your not collecting them or signing any finance etc until then.

If you want it in March you can have it in March. Just tell them your not collecting them or signing any finance etc until then.

And they may just remind you of your contractual and legally binding obligation to collect within 10 days or to allow them to resell and charge you the costs involved in doing so.

I know customers wait a long time and it seems unfair but a much better approach would be to ask politely in the first instance and only if you don't get the answer you want start to dish out your orders of what you will and will not do.

And they may just remind you of your contractual and legally binding obligation to collect within 10 days or to allow them to resell and charge you the costs involved in doing so.

I know customers wait a long time and it seems unfair but a much better approach would be to ask politely in the first instance and only if you don't get the answer you want start to dish out your orders of what you will and will not do.

Yup, wot he said, with the addition of a lost deposit. I think I mentioned elsewhere that I'm not keen on falling out with the chef whilst he's preparing my food, time for that afterwards by voting with my feet. Fortunately all's cool now and look forward to feeding back my post-delivery experience...

It does sometimes seem that quite a few people on these forums are wanting to have some kind of war with the dealerships.

Agree with skorvig and CBT. Ask politely and keep it professional. If that doesn't work, remember you signed a contract and accept it unless they are in breach of that contract.

No need to turn every step of this into a struggle.

• Like 1