Day Light Running Lights

CitigoAllen

Your trying to save impact to the enviroment and save fuel. Then you twist what you say and ask how to fit them etc? You do realise that drl's only use 0.0001mpg extra? (Rough figure) So why not use them? They look good and make cars alot more noticable

looking at the LED replacement lights for my Citigo I was confused about the actual power saving that has been mentiond. Now I know that LED's consume less power to produce an equivelent light output. However, to overcome the Canbus errors many have a resistor inbuilt to fool the car into believing it is the same bulb e.g. 5w resistor. So this means the same power is being consumed as having a normal bulb? So apart from the change in light colour (3000k, 4500k) there is no difference in power consumption?

And on the subject of light.

Are there any HID headlight kits that are road legal? the ones on the HID-Direct websit for the Citigo all say for off road use & show use only?

To add to that, hid headlights require self levelling systems and headlight washers... A recent exception is if the light output is under 2000 lumens, some new VAG models are getting the new 25w hid but still need projector lenses to control the beam pattern.

• Like 1

Fanta was also invented by the Nazis .

Really?! What other delicious things did our benevolent overlords* create?!

* 'cause, technically... we'd all not be on this site if it wasn't for Hitler.... :notme:

Edited by Babs
  • Like 1

I noticed today the DRL's are brighter than when you switch to side lights.

true fact.

Personally I hate them, as they distract from the visibility of bikers. who are far more vunerable and need more protection than cars.

They are dual filament, and meant to be less bright on sidelights

21W for DRL and 5W for sidelights.

As for distracting from bikers, that is just a crazy thing to say IMO

Any better awareness of oncoming traffic, car or bike has got

to be a good thing

Having replaced the original (yellowish) DRLs with MTecs, I  am very pleased with the result- noticeably whiter, and just £7.

Also, can report to interested parties (Damo?) that they are a good match for Osram Nightbreaker Plus -pretty much the same "hue".

Finished off with Philips Silvervision indicators  - a worthwhile improvement to the front units. Well pleased!

• Like 1

Just proves how faceless and genderless a computer is and should always be treated that way. Never assume gender from a name, sounds like a few are disappointed or feel mislead:)

Life's too short to worry.

And I bet you all think I'm a male because of my online name :)))))

Edited by Defenderben

I assumed that she was a girl when she said something about the salesman being unable to take his eyes off her breasts.  I didn't realise that they were man boobs. :blush: