Mythical vRS button....

Been to see mine at the dealer today, built week 37 and it has the normal mode button, no the vRS one.

So anyone able to find a part number and price for the proper button and know how hard it would be to swap?

If its too much effort i probably bother though....

i checked with someone who had etka and you have to order the complete unit, not just the button so not worth it for the cost it will be
  • Like 1

i checked with someone who had etka and you have to order the complete unit, not just the button so not worth it for the cost it will be

Ah right, fair enough.

Ah right, fair enough.

tis a shame as it would have been handy just to pop a button out and replace. Have you asked your dealer for a reason why its not there? Mine asked suk and as far as I know they still haven't had a reply

tis a shame as it would have been handy just to pop a button out and replace. Have you asked your dealer for a reason why its not there? Mine asked suk and as far as I know they still haven't had a reply

No I didn't, was too excited just looking over the car :)

• Like 1

Been thinking about this a bit since i saw mine with the normal mode button..... The only pictures we've seen of the vRS button is on LHD cars where the button is on the other side of the panel and a slightly different shape...... Could it be that Skoda has decided its not cost effective to make another vRS button for RHD cars and all we're going to get is the normal mode button?

I had a MK 3 hire 1.6 TDI and it had that button, only mode not VRS mode.

It let you pick a driving mode.

Adaptive suspension was firmed or softened

Steering was heavier or lighter

Engine mode was either sportier or economy

If you had a auto box is alters the shift points.

You can customise it in individual mode, so can't see that vRS mode will add anything.

Steering was heavier or lighter

Engine mode was either sportier or economy

If you had a auto box is alters the shift points.

You can customise it in individual mode, so can't see that vRS mode will add anything.

Adaptive suspension is only on VW models. Skoda and Seat don't get it

I'm glad Cheezemonkhai found the same as me when he borrowed one. That's two of us now that have found out that the suspension alters....which sort of questions the comment ^

Of course it doesn't have the vRS button, it wasn't a vRS! Lol! And no octavia has adaptive suspension!

I'm glad Cheezemonkhai found the same as me when he borrowed one. That's two of us now that have found out that the suspension alters....which sort of questions the comment ^

No, it just questions another person's sanity!  :rofl:

Can someone in a left hand drive vRS take a picture of all the buttons in the 'mode' area and;

can someone in a right hand drive car do the same?

I want to compare the two images to find out what each 'standard' button does in the different countries.

In etka, there are a number of different lhd part numbers and different rhd part numbers - each again, with different PR codes.

Thanks in advance.

I would doubt anything happens other than the steering weight alters and the sound gets piped in through the speakers (diesel). These aren't adjustable suspensions therefore it's all smoke and mirrors

Throttle response is sharpened and it also the way the the AFS headlights work too

I would doubt anything happens other than the steering weight alters and the sound gets piped in through the speakers (diesel). These aren't adjustable suspensions therefore it's all smoke and mirrors

The throttle response changes, as does fuel delivery/engine map. The steering tightens, the speed at which the headlights respond to steering input quickens. Not sure about xds+ settings, I imagine that they stay the same, however stability control can be put into sports mode by pressing and holding the ASC button for a few seconds.

Finally, the sporty sound isn't delivered via the speakers, it's via a resonating device that's mounted to the bulkhead. IMHO, it sounds great and suits the character of the vehicle.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can someone in a left hand drive vRS take a picture of all the buttons in the 'mode' area and;

can someone in a right hand drive car do the same?

I want to compare the two images to find out what each 'standard' button does in the different countries.

In etka, there are a number of different lhd part numbers and different rhd part numbers - each again, with different PR codes.

Thanks in advance.

I saw this picture on the Headlight assistant thread on here, and it is from user "maskoo" of his left hand drive vRS that also says mode but thought I'd post the picture if this will help;

IMG_0637_zps9d43acca.jpg