The Skoda Yeti FL Discussion thread

Do you like the Yeti FL  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Yeti FL?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you miss the front fog lights? (multiple choice answers possible)

• Yes
    • No
    • Looks fine without
    • Looks worse without
  3. 3. Has the FL made you more inclined to buy a new Yeti

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Well, looking at the pictures of the FL and the X3 sat outside my office, I can see similarities!

Yes, they both have wheels, lights, bumpers, windscreens, door handles...  LOL  The X3 has a vertical-ness to its nose with a pinched look with its cross eyes.  The grille is vertically stacked.  The Yeti has swept back headlights with chamfered corners vs the X3's square corners and the grilles are horizontal in their look on the Yeti with a huge gaping mouth in the lower grille instead of the three separate openings on the X3.  Apart from the obvious and the colour, I see no other similarities...  but each to their own.   :giggle:

• Like 1

Are we sure that they have lowered the car or is it just conjecture based on the illustrations? I will be disappointed if they have lowered it. For me, even the current Greenline looks too low compared to the regular version. 

The Skoda press release quotes a ground clearance of 180 mm.

Where do they measure that,and how does it compare with the current model?

I've just measured under my Greenline,and the lowest clearance is under the engine at around 140mm.

The Greenline is 20mm lower than the normal Yeti ,so at 180 mm I'm quessing that the FL will be no lower than the current model.

At least, per the press release, stability control is now "standard" across the range. That would in itself justify most of a £600ish price increase... for most 2wd versions.

It is already standard... Well, it has been for about two months.

The Skoda press release quotes a ground clearance of 180 mm.

Where do they measure that,and how does it compare with the current model?

I've just measured under my Greenline,and the lowest clearance is under the engine at around 140mm.

The Greenline is 20mm lower than the normal Yeti ,so at 180 mm I'm quessing that the FL will be no lower than the current model.

The ground clearance has always been 180mm.  So it is just these images that are way off the mark thankfully.

• Like 1

They could bring back the tangerine metallic, that would be nice with brown leather.

When we first looked at the Yeti to replace my aged Impreza, the dealer had a tangerine metallic one in stock.  We agreed it was striking, but probably not the colour for us.  Later the same day we happened to pass by the local Lamborghini dealer.  Pride of place in their display window was an orange Gallardo (I think Lamborghini call it "Arancio Borealis" ie "Northern Orange").  I reckon that if you want a bright orange car, that's definitely the one to have!  (Apparently the Gallardo is only 12.2cm longer than the Yeti: that would fit on my drive just fine...except that my drive is on a steepish slope so the 125mm ground clearance vs the Yeti's 180mm might be an issue as you turn in off the road.  Oh well, it was a nice idea...)

To Johann: thanks for posting the link clarifying KESSY.  I tried Googling the term but ended up with this.  I have to say, though, that for some unaccountable reason I find that a little bit more interesting than the Superb owner's manual :-)

Back on topic: I think the FL looks OK - a lot better than some of the previous, photoshopped images suggested it might be.  I agree with people's reservations about the apparent lower ride height, though.  One of the things I like about the original Yeti is that - for all it may be promising greater capabilities than it actually has - it looks poised to take on a bit of rough stuff.  A lot of its competitors eg the iX35 & Sportage just look like heightened hatchbacks (which after all is what most of them are) with no more than the tiniest hint of ruggedness to the styling.  Some, like the Juke and the Captur, have gone completely the other way and are all wavy lines and pointless bulgy curves, which are not to my taste at all.

• Like 1

The ground clearance has always been 180mm.  So it is just these images that are way off the mark thankfully.

See I thought as much, the press images can be deceptive !

Sadly Škoda still sits in the lower echelons of VAG's new kit roll outs - otherwise a couple of the 'upmarket' brands would see their sales seriously dented.

I think they've made a fair job of this interim makeover - not enough to make me rush to empty my purse though! :)

• Like 2

Hello. I posted this in the FL thread but it's such a busy subject that I fear my question was lost amongst the masses...

I've just ordered my pre FL yeti so was really nervous about the FL photos in case I LOVED the new design. A 2 wheel drive engine is vital for me, so would my only option with the new FL model be an 'urban'? I presume the scout model will only be 4x4? I really like the new Scout but not keen on the Urban body coloured bumpers...

No one can answer this yet Retro-gal.  But be assured that whatever we want and deem logical will be the opposite of what SUK will give us...

• Like 2

Skoda UK, if you are reading this, please make the Outdoor/Scout/Rufty Tufty version available for the 1.2tsi two wheel drive models in the UK. Thanks.

...and SUK, if you wonder what to call it please just call it the Scout (as per the rest of your range).  Ta muchly.

• Like 1