The Skoda Yeti FL Discussion thread

Do you like the Yeti FL  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Yeti FL?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you miss the front fog lights? (multiple choice answers possible)

• Yes
    • No
    • Looks fine without
    • Looks worse without
  3. 3. Has the FL made you more inclined to buy a new Yeti

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

My 2011 Superb has the same black polystyrene behind the bumper. It too is visible through the grill.

I actually quite like the facelift. I thought dropping the round front fogs would be a mistake, but it wasn't, it now looks more aggressive.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Johann, there are some nice touches, but like most I will not be rushing out to replace my current one, even though I really do like the look of those brown seats in the L & K

• Like 1

Thanks for all the pics Johann - only goes to confirm my decision to order current model last week! Was hoping the FL would be worth waiting for, and apart from the DSG on the 1.6 Diesel (and I don't do the miles to make that worth it), it all seems very cosmetic (and not necessarily in the right direction)!

• Like 2

Thanks for all the pics Johann - only goes to confirm my decision to order current model last week! Was hoping the FL would be worth waiting for, and apart from the DSG on the 1.6 Diesel (and I don't do the miles to make that worth it), it all seems very cosmetic (and not necessarily in the right direction)!

same here, not gonna wait I believe...

same here, not gonna wait I believe...

All very well, but aren't we getting towards the point where any new factory order is likely to be FL anyway (unless you're content to accept a pre-specified run-out model)?

All in all I have to say that I quite like the overall outcome of the facelift but - as others have already mentioned - it is definitely not enough to make we want to switch from my current car. Additionally, I especially dislike the lower grille as it appears in the photos. It would make fitting of my, ahem, "laser-based parking sensors" a nightmare, which was difficult enough with the current front-end layout.

I am, however, looking forward to the new rear badge becoming available. I hope I will manage to have one fitted when whiteworm inevitably takes it toll on my current, old-style one.

• Like 1

All very well, but aren't we getting towards the point where any new factory order is likely to be FL anyway (unless you're content to accept a pre-specified run-out model)?

I checked with a Skoda dealer here in Norway and they told me that as of now it is still possible to order the pre F/L Yeti as per one's wishes. But I dont know how long that window will remain open.

Johann,

Did you notice if the interior lights are now led types

I expect a lot of our fans will agree changing to led lights have made a big difference 

Thanks for showing us pictures from the show

Sorry I did not take notice of the interior lights.  Oops.

A bigger petrol engine with 7 speed DSG and I would be interested. Otherwise, forget changing!

More economical petrol linked to a manual box & 4x4 for me :yes:

Would like to get shot of needing engines which unfortunately have DPF's and DMF's :giggle:

TP

According to someone's post elsewhere on the forum, the 1.8TSI is not going to be available in the UK on the facelifted Yeti.

That's not my information, which is that the 1.8TSi will be in the lineup at 184 CO2 but manual only.

Was in my local Skoda dealer this morning and they had just received the details for the FL Yeti. Pricing is about £600 over the old model and the L&K is Outdoor only.

Apparently it should be on the Skoda UK website in a couple of days.

Johann, you should have had a Briskoda Researchers pendant badge on, I'm sure Skoda would have given you better access to the cars if they had seen that  ;)  :giggle:

Was in my local Skoda dealer this morning and they had just received the details for the FL Yeti. Pricing is about £600 over the old model and the L&K is Outdoor only.

Apparently it should be on the Skoda UK website in a couple of days.

Ha. Exactly as I said from the start!  LOL  £600 increase.  hehehe  Interesting is that the L&K is Outdoor only...  My preferance for sure but surely the more utilitarian look of the two to give to the smartest version?

So it seems - no return of the 1.4, and the 1.8 only available in L&K guise. I see that the 170 DSG is only available in the Elegance and not the L&K, which seems a bit odd.