What made you smile whilst driving?

sparks03

And today's smile was bringing it home  :clap:

post-3659-0-06998200-1441232964_thumb.jpg

post-3659-0-91828600-1441233209_thumb.jpg

Hopefully some better photos to come, as we go along! But needed to a.) mark the purchasing occasion and b.) get the hood down :thumbup:

• Like 3

Great choice :) I love the MX5 a true treasure. I drove the original one many, many years ago and fell in love with the handling and the best gearbox I had used since the Ford Rocket box :) I also sat in the new one a couple of weeks ago, but I think I am too tall to get truly comfortable. If I set the seat for my legs, I can't recline the back enough (I like to lean back a lot :D) Fantastic value for money though, even new.

Great choice :) I love the MX5 a true treasure. I drove the original one many, many years ago and fell in love with the handling and the best gearbox I had used since the Ford Rocket box :) I also sat in the new one a couple of weeks ago, but I think I am too tall to get truly comfortable. If I set the seat for my legs, I can't recline the back enough (I like to lean back a lot :D) Fantastic value for money though, even new.

I had the opposite problem with the original. I sit very short-armed (think Touring Car or even rally driver, not formula car), and found my right elbow rubbing the door card even going straight on.

• Like 1

I had the opposite problem with the original. I sit very short-armed (think Touring Car or even rally driver, not formula car), and found my right elbow rubbing the door card even going straight on.

I think 'fit' can be a problem in the cabin - depends not only on total height I think, but also ratio of legs to torso :)

I think 'fit' can be a problem in the cabin - depends not only on total height I think, but also ratio of legs to torso :)

Er, I was talking about not being able to sit as close to the wheel as my arms want. Legs don't come into it.

Er, I was talking about not being able to sit as close to the wheel as my arms want. Legs don't come into it.

All I was meaning is if you're long legged, proportionally, you'll have to have the seat further back. Then you have a greater distance for your arms to reach the wheel :)

Today whilst in west London,i gave way to an ambulance on blues&two's, when trying to pull out after the ambulance passed the driver behind me did not let me out,i named him "silly man".

A mile up the road in the usual 9mph slow moving traffic the "silly man" cut up a minicab,i chuckled :D  as the minicab driver gave a naughty hand signal,then even better the "silly man" got trapped behind the minicab driver (I think maybe on purpose) in a yellow box junction and yes the lights turned red so he blocked the junction and the council issue cctv tickets there for £120.00  £60.00 if paid in 14 days.

Today I liked council cctv and the minicab driver.  Well it made me smile :clap:  :happy: .

• Like 2

All I was meaning is if you're long legged, proportionally, you'll have to have the seat further back. Then you have a greater distance for your arms to reach the wheel :)

I got that, but my issue is that, even though I can get the wheel to chest distance that I want and fit my legs in ok, I run into issues with my right elbow striking the door card when I try and slide my hands round the rim simulating steering.

I'm not being facetious, effectively I'm saying that the cockpit is too narrow.

I got that, but my issue is that, even though I can get the wheel to chest distance that I want and fit my legs in ok, I run into issues with my right elbow striking the door card when I try and slide my hands round the rim simulating steering.

I'm not being facetious, effectively I'm saying that the cockpit is too narrow.

Thats where youre going wrong mate

Always be careful when sliding your hand around the rim

• Like 1