Beti's latest Euro trip - Italy - photo heavy!

Yeti_Man

Yeah, looks like a great trip.

There's some great locations in that lot. Annecy is one of my favourites.

Really nice pictures and looks like you had a great time. B)

Did you take the toll roads through France?? Couldn't believe how expensive they were when i went!!

Too right chap.

We did a trip to Bordeaux last weekend, all on the Peage.

Fuel cost £175

Tolls were a surprising £125 !!

Certainly wasn't expecting that.

• Like 1

Really nice pictures and looks like you had a great time. B)

Did you take the toll roads through France?? Couldn't believe how expensive they were when i went!!

Yes, toll roads all the way, not the most scenic way to do it but it was more about getting to destinations on time this time round. Think my toll costs were something like 160 euros each way. The Mont Blanc tunnel was over 40 euros alone, each way!

Oh... San Gimignano delle belle torri (...of the beautiful towers).

Indeed a beautiful place. Envying you for enjoying a hotel there.

Thanks for sharing and taking me back to our trip to Italy two years ago !

I originally visited San Gimignano in 2009 travelling with a friend. I've always wanted to revisit with the family though, as, after 6pm when most of the tourists have left, its an amazingly vibrant and family orientated place to be. (The Italians all meet up in the piazza's and the kids all play out till late together). So we managed to do that last year. Last year we all agreed it was such a nice place it went straight onto this years itinerary. Staying in a hotel within the old walls is great, (this time it was in Hotel Leon Blanco - highly recommended) and the fact there's two of the best places in Tuscany to buy ice creams within about 10 metres of it.... Had nothing to do with it! ;)
  • Like 1

Lovely pictures.Italy is always nice to visit ,over and over again.

Thank you for sharing your experience,it has gotten me keen for another trip to Italy,It is my favorite!

I got back from the lake Garda district a couple of weeks ago,and Im going to my beloved Sicilia on the 27th .......ha ha ha.... :hi:

• Like 1

Lovely pictures.Italy is always nice to visit ,over and over again.

Thank you for sharing your experience,it has gotten me keen for another trip to Italy,It is my favorite!

I got back from the lake Garda district a couple of weeks ago,and Im going to my beloved Sicilia on the 27th .......ha ha ha.... :hi:

Ahh, I love the Italian Lakes - beautiful place to be but ive not yet been to Sicily - enjoy it! :) 

Wonderful pictures.

Thanks. Travel is my only passion bigger than my interest in cars so to combine the two is perfect for me! I always enjoy seeing photos from other peoples adventures so always try to post some up myself. :)

Wow, what a wonderful driving holiday. You sure enjoyed yourself. Thanks for posting the wonderful photographs so that we might share some of your holiday joy. I am pleased to read that your Yeti performed faultlessly.

Were there any variations to the engine's performance when the oil temperature 120 degrees?

• Like 1

Wow, what a wonderful driving holiday. You sure enjoyed yourself. Thanks for posting the wonderful photographs so that we might share some of your holiday joy. I am pleased to read that your Yeti performed faultlessly. Were there any variations to the engine's performance when the oil temperature 120 degrees?

Not really but id probably put that down to having the uprated intercooler more so than the oil temperature being on the high side. She just felt like she'd happily sit doing her thing all day long - which is good as on a couple of occasions thats exactly what was required. :) Its certainly the most comfiest long distance cruiser Ive ever had the privilege to own. :)

Great photos, thanks for sharing.

Being retired, I enjoy the luxury of not having to rush very often.  I have always tried to make the journey the holiday - a hang over from when it was always done on the bike. 

Never the same stop two nights running.  Lots of twisties in between.

• Like 2

Being retired, I enjoy the luxury of not having to rush very often.  I have always tried to make the journey the holiday - a hang over from when it was always done on the bike. 

Sounds good to me! :)

Now that might be an idea for a bit of a Yeti outing next year?

Like Nick, I'm used to packing up the bike and disappearing for a week or two with a group of mates.

It might be interesting with a group of Yetis?

• Like 1

Now that might be an idea for a bit of a Yeti outing next year?

Like Nick, I'm used to packing up the bike and disappearing for a week or two with a group of mates.

It might be interesting with a group of Yetis?

Im always up for a road trip and I have around two weeks of unused holiday still remaining for one next year! Ive been contemplating going either North with her (Norway/Sweden) or doing more of the Croatian coastline and heading into Montenegro and back up through Bosnia and Herzegovina or heading across to the Czech republic (never been yet!) and down through Austria and Slovenia to Croatia. Not that ive given it much thought of course....  :giggle: