Retrofitting Cruise Control

On 11/21/2017 at 10:23, M7R said:

Mines up at Rainsworth Skoda at the moment having it done, £296 plus a free courtesy car which I thought was jolly good of them. Also service was brilliant so far, one of the service team had seen me park up and met me at the door, knew my name, what they was doing etc, and showed me to the service dept where I was sorted out, it’s a little touch but made it seem like I was valued, also got a Rapid as my courtesy car which is pretty good, little petrol one but goes well.

I thought I had better update this, there was a few hic-ups. 

The service dept forgot to order the SD card with the coding on it, so that took an extra day to arrive, not a massive issue as I had the Rapid for an extra day, and it was pretty good to drive round in as courtesy cars go.

The big issue was even after checking the part that was fitted had the extra buttons to control the MFD that don't work. The service dept agreed it wasn't right and understood why I was annoyed. They said speak to Skoda UK and if they authorize the swap they will change them for the correct stalks. Long story short after 2 months and many back and forth's the outcome was Skoda UK wouldn't do anything as the parts list said the unit fitted was correct, and in the end they said that I needed to speak to Rainworth Parts dept, and get them to explain to Skoda HQ what the issue is, and once ETKA is updated then Skoda UK will allow them to change it. 

The chaps in Rainworth Parts dept were speaking to Skoda HQ, but due to other issues it was not really progressing, The Service manager then took it over for me and when I explained everything to him (Skoda UK said that unless the part was faulty they wouldn't do anything more, so my argument was that the stalk is faulty, as the buttons don't work). He checked my VIN and the main database had been updated to reflect my car had cruise, and when looking on ETKA for the stalks it brings up the correct ones WITHOUT the extra buttons to control the MFD. So using that as a reason he agreed what was fitted was wrong, ordered me the right stalks and they have now swapped them over for me, and is now speaking to Skoda HQ about the issue on the parts list, so hopefully at some point, someone at HQ may listen and things may change. 

For now make sure yours parts dept order the one for cars without MFD, even though they will tell you it is wrong and wont work, it will, mine does perfectly fine.

• 5 months later...
On 27/03/2017 at 20:50, dale1uk said:

That's what I thought and had read on here, but the dealers/Skoda/computer says no..

Located in Newcastle upon Tyne but would be willing to travel to get it done properly

Just got my MY14 with MFSW fitted with cruise at Pullman Sunderland VW. £282 all in.

37 minutes ago, Jesus_Jones said:

The correct stalk with cruise controls is installed as part of the process.

Okay. That's brilliant. Only asked as lots of people had been having the wrong stalk fitted ( one for non mfsw) and as such didn't look right. 

This is in my potential list of things to do for if I keep the car lol. 

Ethan 

2 hours ago, Ethanfoster said:

Okay. That's brilliant. Only asked as lots of people had been having the wrong stalk fitted ( one for non mfsw) and as such didn't look right. 

This is in my potential list of things to do for if I keep the car lol. 

Ethan 

Yeah correct stalk. Just make sure you tell them it’s MFSW and i’m sure they’ll  order the correct part. 

Had it in on for a week now and no problems.

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/11/2017 at 16:08, Lyminton said:

If the switch pack (indicators/wipers) is made by VALEO then retro fit is NOT possible. If it's made by KOSTAL then O.K.

I was told this by west end Skoda Edinburgh on Tuesday  this week, but is it now posable ?????

• 3 weeks later...

just got quoted roughly £360 for the retro fit by Skoda.  They informed me that it would cost a further £60 labour just to check if it could be done (they would have to take the steering wheel off) - because apparently they don't know if CC would work on my car ..... i mean really! a Skoda dealer not knowing a particular make and model and whether it is compatible for a CC retrofit? they must be having a laugh (or im just uneducated in my thinking?)  the total cost by Blade Skoda (Bristol) - roughly £420.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

just got this installed in Redditch too .... long way from Essex but no one wanted to try doing it down here .... 

ended up being more expensive cause had to include a day off work and a sleep in hotel but its done now :)

Thank you 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All

New member here just got my 2016 Octavia SE. The price was right but it didn't have cruise control, saw this thread and forum in general when I was researching the car before buying.

Has anyone tried this in the Gatwick / West Sussex area or at the Euro or Caffins or Lookers (Tunbridge wells / Guilford) Network of garages? as it seems to be a mixed bag on if garages even know that they can retrofit it and also price.

Cheers

• 2 years later...

I know it's been a while so hopefully it's OK to comment. 

Having a bit of a pain trying to find anyone to retrofit just standard cruise control. I've got a 2016 mk 3 octavia, greenline model. I'm being told by most places they just plain don't do it. Or that there's no kit for it. Have one place who said it depends which manufacturer made a specific part. But if what I've read further up is right it shouldn't matter? 

They said they need to check the manufacturer of said part physically so they know which variant of CC part. And one of them kits has been discontinued. 

Any advice? 

• 6 months later...
On 19/11/2021 at 08:26, I_am_Beki said:

I know it's been a while so hopefully it's OK to comment. 

Having a bit of a pain trying to find anyone to retrofit just standard cruise control. I've got a 2016 mk 3 octavia, greenline model. I'm being told by most places they just plain don't do it. Or that there's no kit for it. Have one place who said it depends which manufacturer made a specific part. But if what I've read further up is right it shouldn't matter? 

They said they need to check the manufacturer of said part physically so they know which variant of CC part. And one of them kits has been discontinued. 

Any advice? 

It's an old thread now but did you ever get any further with this? I spoke to a few dealers and both closest to me shut it down before I even finished asking the question. Seems the Midlands have plenty of places willing to do this but slim pickings down south.