Insurance time again! Anyone under

Chris Berry

Got a quote today from Churchill for £199....

Fully comp, no claims protected, No voluntary Excess, £200 standard excess. Breakdown cover & accident cover.

Was pretty amazed by the price, but then I forgot about the accident in the snow I had 4 years ago. This popped it up to £225. Still pretty cheap!!

Anyway, I think I'm going to stay with Chaucer as its only £238 & I can't be bothered to change. Only thing I don't get with that is breakdown cover & I get that with my bank.

Is anyone else finding car insurance is coming down?

Fully comp, no claims protected, No voluntary Excess, £200 standard excess. Breakdown cover & accident cover.

Was pretty amazed by the price, but then I forgot about the accident in the snow I had 4 years ago. This popped it up to £225. Still pretty cheap!!

Anyway, I think I'm going to stay with Chaucer as its only £238 & I can't be bothered to change. Only thing I don't get with that is breakdown cover & I get that with my bank.

mine is £285 atm but is due for renewal in 2 months so looking forward to the new price

I'll let you know when its due soon !

Its certainly in that kind of ball park already (not sub £200 yet though), but with onset of age certainly dropping a fair bit. From over £400 originally on the car to certainly closer to half.....can't be bad

yeah but how old are you?

Try Topcashback, there may be a few quid to make from using their system, only had £23.50 this year, but got £70.00 back last year.

Mines coming up again . I took Hastings direct last year as a new customer after rejecting their renewal . Circa 220 with legal and breakdown , no excess either voluntary or compulsary and protected . I could have had it well under 200 but with no legal/breakdown  and 200 excess . But for about 40 ,it seemed better to have no excess + legal +breakdown . Don't go looking for accidents, but with a lot of companies looking to have knock for knock ,last thing as a pensioner I need is an excess .

Advice for the younger set - go find some aged relative with a decent driving record and lots of driving experience. They need never drive, but it drives cost down. My daughter has me on her policy, and she's abiut 37 ,with over nine years NCB. I save her over £100, on the insurance and a stack when they go on holiday as I take them in her car to airport, bring car home, aprk it outside and bring them home after . All I've got to do is drive to hers ,take them in her car ,drive back etc . And last couple of holidays, she has been too tired to drive home.

£199 for my V8 3.7 Audi with 260BHP, and thats with Bell.

I'm paying just a whisker over £300 for my 2009 S3 Full comp,

courtesy car, legal cover, £100 excess, and Mrs Grr also insured

to drive. (Fat chance but have to allow for emergencies)

Would be the same as you manny if it was just me on the policy, I have

over 20 years with a full licence whereas Mrs G only has 5.

Not bad for a group 18/36 car. To be honest, I didn't shop around

this year but I might next year as I did manage to beat my renewal quote

but CBA to sod about come renewal time so just let the existing cover run on.

• Like 1