Richard's GT-R thread, old and new!

BossFox

It was advertised at £47k.  800+bhp and 32k miles on the clock.

It's not cheap, but a nice R34 in V-Spec or M-Spec with a few small mods is almost £40k currently.  If you want a desirable colour like Bayside Blue or the Gold. (Silica Breath)

So my gut was right lol. It's crazy how much some cars are increasing in value (until the next crash!)

So my gut was right lol. It's crazy how much some cars are increasing in value (until the next crash!)

Yes, cult stuff from the 80s/90s seems to be moving.

Fords are already crazy prices, GT-Rs seem to be heading the same way.

Not helped by the 25 year import rule in America.

Now the first few years of R32 production can be imported and used there the prices have gone up £5,000 in 18 months.

There is an R34 V-Spec II Nur (only 750 made) GT-R for sale in Japan that would cost around £55k delivered to the UK.

Completely original with 12k miles on the clock... :peek:  And in the very popular Bayside Blue.

• Like 2

Very nice Richard and glad you have now secured something to replace it. I'm sure it'll be just as epic as your GTR32!

I doubt it. (In a nice way)

As nice as the R34 is due to it being more modern, looking more aggressive and being more sensible than the R32, it isn't quite the same in the "if you are not paying attention one day, I will kill you" character that makes me like the R32 so much due to it's older chassis, lighter weight and sorter wheelbase.

This one will be tuned to lower power so I can use it with the family more.  Greater space in the back.  It'll take 500-550bhp on a stock engine which is cheap compared to where you go above that.

And when the twin EFR turbos turn up for my R32 I'll have my current ones to go on the 34.  So cheap upgrading. :)

• Like 3

Has anyone built a stretch Octy 1 yet? Am I even thinking about this? And no I'm not just in from a club despite the time; more of a couldn't sleep thing.

Yep,an ex-Skoda dealer in Essex (Fortune Auto Sales) had one.

Whoops, i'm wrong, their car was one of the rear engined cars, not an Octy................

No this is...

URVSmL.jpg

Secured today.

Running stage 1, mostly original.

One of the 228 M-Spec cars like the last one.

Just needs a little tweakage to my tastes.

Are those genuine BBS 3-piece forged wheels?

Yep,an ex-Skoda dealer in Essex (Fortune Auto Sales) had one.

Whoops, i'm wrong, their car was one of the rear engined cars, not an Octy................

Well, the first Octavia was FE RWD. ;)

Are those genuine BBS 3-piece forged wheels?

They are genuine BBS LM rims like I have on my R32.

Not so sure about them in gold though.

• Like 1

I love those wheels....fancy a swap:D

As much as i like them they really really do not suit that car(think its too much of the same couler).

To be honest im suprised you got another one...i thought you would have found them rather "tame" compared to your r32 especially since this one will have less power.

Ps. Youv now got me looking at borg warner kits for the evo

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad your changing the wheels. Those wheels just don't suit the car.

All I can say about Friday is, what an experience that was! 9 hours sat in the car and not one ache or pain.

My Fabia now feels like an Austin Metro!

• Like 2

It was a good day all in. MPG on the way back, slightly worse than on the way down. ;) When we first left the village there was a group of kids, circa 8-14 years est., that as soon as they saw the GTR was like "Ohhhhh look at that car". That was how the day continued on the way back with lots staring at her, me following behind saw it all. As well as hearing lots of over pops and bangs LOL.

Not including Danny's hair care product and fuel stops it was definitely a good day.

• Like 2