Richard's GT-R thread, old and new!

BossFox

The shot of all the cars lined up side by side is great!

Where is that road with the hairpins - it looks like fun (and possibly slightly familiar)?

Cheers,

Steve

Road trip looks fantastic Richard, Something I'd like to do in the kit if it's ever reliable enough. How was the Transfagarasan?.. was it as good as clarkson et al say?

Be interested in seeing the itn files if you have them.

• Like 1

On 20/06/2017 at 09:09, dan4291 said:

Looks like a great road trip! How did the car perform? Also, what's the train that all the cars are on in the last photo?

Car was great, as hoped. :)

The train is from Dusseldorf in Germany to Vienna in Austria.  Overnight service and saves 600 miles driving while you sleep.

• Like 4

• 10 months later...

Nice little update Richard.

What about the other cars? A little 3 wheeler?

And what news of the Fantasy Green creation that's on its way?

20 hours ago, Wet Kipper said:

Lovely collection,

when will you stop - do you have more targets in mind ? 

Not really, I never wanted as many as I have.  But sometimes a deal pops up and it's too good to turn down!

Recently I've gone more for non GT-Rs, just picking up a few other 1990s Jap cars.  They did make some cracking things in the 1990s and just after.

Hidden in the garage is an OEM NSX, a nice Scoob, Evo and a few other things including an Autozam AZ-1 which is quite simply an awesome little car.  One of the best fun per pound cars I've ever had.

13 hours ago, Dark_Hero said:

Great to see this updated. I must say I'm rather fond of the R32 still. 

Amazing memories 

Thanks Charlie.  Yes what a trip that was!

2,200 miles across Europe in a 20+ year old car running over 600bhp.  Simply amazing.

12 hours ago, mdk1 said:

Nice little update Richard.

What about the other cars? A little 3 wheeler?

And what news of the Fantasy Green creation that's on its way?

Well I figured this was a GT-R thread Mike. ;)

There are a few other things tucked away.  You already guessed what the new FG machine is!  ( I just didn't answer as would have spoiled the game!)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

@BossFox - OK Richard, agreed about this being a Gojira thread; How about a "your garage" thread for all the non-Skyline and and non-Skoda stuff then? My suggestion but your decision either way.

Hi Ken,

Maybe a good idea but I've always been a little concerned about coming across in a "my one is bigger than your one" kind of way.  It's not really me.

I've got a few interesting arrivals coming over in the run up to August so might do something then.

4 hours ago, BossFox said:

Hi Ken,

Maybe a good idea but I've always been a little concerned about coming across in a "my one is bigger than your one" kind of way.  It's not really me.

I've got a few interesting arrivals coming over in the run up to August so might do something then.

And this first paragraph is pretty much exactly why I think it won't come off that way from you.

Is the AZ-1 the little gullwing Mazda kei car???   I seem to remember a spate of those coming out (cappuccino, beat etc and always fancied one for a laugh...

13 hours ago, BossFox said:

Not just maybe Richard - but a big fat definitely good idea as we’re all interested in how the ‘journey’ is progressing!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KenONeill said:

And this first paragraph is pretty much exactly why I think it won't come off that way from you.

That's kind of you to say so Ken, I'll probably do something in August then as I have four things arriving between now and the summer.

11 hours ago, skomaz said:

Is the AZ-1 the little gullwing Mazda kei car???   I seem to remember a spate of those coming out (cappuccino, beat etc and always fancied one for a laugh...

It is, yes.  Such an amazing car!

I've got the MazdaSpeed version with strut braces, and a rear LSD.  Proper mid engine car that weighs about 620kg.

8 hours ago, john999boy said:

Not just maybe Richard - but a big fat definitely good idea as we’re all interested in how the ‘journey’ is progressing!

Thanks, it's been a bit busy. :D  I'll do something in a few months.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 10/04/2019 at 17:17, Wardy said:

I saw an R34 GT-R on the road this afternoon, and thought of this thread!

Any updates/changes with the collection Richard?

Sold a few, tried not to buy a few.   I'll do an update in May when the number has settled a bit! :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1