Urgent ish help required-wifey and sat nav in trouble !

Arsey

Guys,gals,

Can you please help ?

My wife has gone off down to Devon for the weekend to see her son at uni and has taken her mother and sons.

Car is a 62 plate Superb Elegance 170 DSG Estate

Stupid mother has played with sat nav and now the map won't move.

There is a red circle around the current position but map is frozen though nav guidance continues via voice and maxidot guidance.

She has entered a new route etc but still frozen.

Without being there I can't see what she's done and I've only had the car a month and haven't seen this problem myself.

Ta for any help !!!

Here's a screenshot of the map :

post-109093-0-76075600-1382780699_thumb.png

Edited by Arsey

Try keeping finger on 'setup' button bottom right until you see version screen and then switch off. Has she stopped and switched engine off for a full power down of unit?

The problem happened yesterday and car has been sat overnight but it's still there this morning.She's entered a new destination from the memory this morning and the guidance is correct but map is frozen with red ring around position as shown above.Will doing as you say lose all memory destinations etc ?

tell her to go to the roundabout at sainsburys and take 2nd turn one before having to go back onto 38 that goes back to exeter drive for about half a mile texaco filling station on left pass that and turn right go straight ahead and she will see car show rooms turn left and the skoda dealer is at the end on the right

Edited by skippy41

This also happened to me, but I couldn't remember how I got out of it. I just pushed loads of buttons until it sorted itself out. Would be good to see what the fix is. 

tell her to go to the roundabout at sainsburys and take 2nd turn one before having to go back onto 38 that goes back to exeter drive for about half a mile texaco filling station on left pass that and turn right go straight ahead and she will see car show rooms turn left and the skoda dealer is at the end on the right

Spot on Skippy. Murray's Skoda. My old home!

In the top right below the north icon there's a button (on the touchscreen) which sets the map back to the car's position. If you touch the map it stops tracking the car, this puts it back.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

post-105227-13827879547159_thumb.jpg

Exactly as ILOVEMYSUPERB says. Sounds like she dragged her finger on the map which allows you to see other map areas, but you need to press the aforementioned screen button to get back to taking the car.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

You could try rebooting the unit. To do so press < and > (which are to the left of the CD slot) and the voice recognition button which is the one to the right of the CD slot.

Press all three together.

You could try rebooting the unit. To do so press < and > (which are to the left of the CD slot) and the voice recognition button which is the one to the right of the CD slot.

Press all three together.

They tried that as already suggested above.Thanks anyway

Exactly as ILOVEMYSUPERB says. Sounds like she dragged her finger on the map which allows you to see other map areas, but you need to press the aforementioned screen button to get back to taking the car.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

She just sent me a pic and there's no button as mentioned :

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

If she taps the 0.7 it will bring up a number of zoom options at the bottom of the screen. The rightmost will be an 'A'. Push that to activate auto zoom.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

They just tried this but it just zooms in on the red circle.

They are now in Padstow but the bloody map is still showing Plymouth !!

They just tried this but it just zooms in on the red circle.

They are now in Padstow but the bloody map is still showing Plymouth !!

Something is very definitely not right!  If the circle is still showing them as in Plymouth then that's where the car thinks it is, and no amount of zooming or centering the map view on the car (as I'd asked you to do ) will help!  Did they manage to successfully reboot the system?  Other than that, I have no idea but at least it's under warranty so you can get Mr. Skoda to take a look.

How about pressing EXTRAS button going for split screen and scrolling through options till you get to GPS, this will then show if long. and lat. are changing as the car moves and also quality of signal from sats.

Having said that if Maxdot is ok and voice it must be something with the maps.

Has she tried switching to 2D mapping by pressing the 3D button.

Smudger S

Sorry for not replying but I've been abroad for a few days.

Wifey is now back and it seems to be working ok,but for one thing.

Can someone tell me this-in normal use is there a red ring around the car's actual position ,as in some of the screen shots above? I thought it was normally green,but then I've only had the car a few months and haven't used the sat nav enough to be used to it.

Thanks again for all the help and advice-she came home the 300 miles using her iphone and Google Maps !!