We've started having tinker with the 2.0TDI 184PS

I need to ask..... I've used first generation tuning boxes before (load of rubbish) and have had 5 cars mapped by 2 different companies (fantastic results).Regarding the current generation tuning box, it obviously increases fuelling but how does it also increase turbo pressure, ECU mapping does this as it needs to maintain the air/fuel ratio. How does the box manage it?

By connecting to the boost pressure sensor as well as the common rail

Some more feedback, this time from a Seat Leon owner.. The kit was set to map 1 zero as a default.

I bought a Black Edition Stage 2 tuning box for my Seat Leon SC FR TDi 184PS from Andrew. I can only describe it as a revelation. Before the car was quick but not what I would call exhilarating. After fitting the box power and response is massively increased. The car surges forward at a rate that startles passengers. I would probably say the car would see off a MK7 Golf GTI. It's now a genuine hot hatch! I haven't driven the car sensibly enough yet to see if the economy is improved but no doubt it will be as it did on the previous car I had.

I highly recommend DTUK to anyone considering any one of their products they never seem to disappoint. I also got some excellent advice on the settings to use on the tuning box which I will be experimenting with on the weekend.

Regards

Marc

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Some recent feedback from a seat Leon owner running the 2.0 184

I bought a Black Edition Stage 2 tuning box for my Seat Leon SC FR TDi 184PS from Andrew. I can only describe it as a revelation. Before the car was quick but not what I would call exhilarating. After fitting the box power and response is massively increased. The car surges forward at a rate that startles passengers. I would probably say the car would see off a MK7 Golf GTI. It's now a genuine hot hatch! I haven't driven the car sensibly enough yet to see if the economy is improved but no doubt it will be as it did on the previous car I had.

I highly recommend DTUK to anyone considering any one of their products they never seem to disappoint. I also got some excellent advice on the settings to use on the tuning box which I will be experimenting with on the weekend.

Regards

Marc

And from a customer with a brand be Audi A3 running the 1.6 tdi

Hello andrew,

First of all a happy newyear to you. I have now had the Crd-t installed in my little audi a3 1,6 tdi for about 3 weeks (4000 km) and besides a little turbo lag at times it works as a charm it makes my little A3 a lot more like a go cart:-) and i have actually experienced that with the s-tronic shift i am a bit faster than the 2,0 audi with the 6 speed tranny :-) ( i am extremely pleased with that, my collegue is definately not:-) the pricedifference in denmark is about 5k ? ) well enough of me being very glad for buying your product. I have a question regarding the different settings could you explain the difference in the 4 programs i layman terms i dont really see the difference in the graphs that came with the unit. I will off course be writing a review in a couple of weeks and also i will recommend both you and the Crd-t to all my petrolhead friends which also like me is under pressure from the danish tax company. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

we've tuned a lot of DSG equipped 2.0 140/170's and touch wood we've not had any issues.

One of our test pilots has a DSG vRS, so as soon as i have some feedback from him i will post it.

Did a little research on this matter, and according to what I've found. you are wrong. Apparently, as soon as you go pass 400 Nm you need a DSG remap to handle the extra torque. If you want to go pass 450 Nm, you need to opent the gearbox and modify the hardware... The upper limit is then set at 700 Nm.

So no, after my research, I do not recommend anyone to install the box and push the torque up to 470 Nm without any modification to the gearbox. unless offcourse you want to know the X. [X being the time until  your gearbox fells apart ]

• Like 1

Just a thought, but if the diesel vrs isn't fast enough for you then why buy one? It seems to me that lots of people don't buy cars because they like them but because they may like them if they added a tuning box, changed the springs, lowered the car, disabled the sound generator, took the badges off, changed the wheels and maybe even whipped the rear wiper off for good measure. I must be getting old because my standard vrs does me fine just as it is and fulfils the promise it was marketed for,  as being a decent family car with reasonable poke. Still, I suppose variety is the spice of life. I must just be easily pleased. :drunk:

• Like 3

In Germany, DTE sells a tuning box with +21PS for the 184PS engine, yours is giving +36PS. Can you tell where are the differences between the boxes?

Yes, it's the software that we have developed ourselves in the uk.

99% of the systems we sell we use our own software and not theirs as for whatever reason they tend to give a very mild tune. In all honestly a lot of that is to do with tuv approval.

You didn't mention that the kit is also 599 euros in Germany too

In Germany, DTE sells a tuning box with +21PS for the 184PS engine, yours is giving +36PS. Can you tell where are the differences between the boxes?

. And our box is giving a dyno proven 47bhp/48PS

Just received this feedback from a mk7 golf gtd owner

Hi Andrew

Some feedback on the stage 2 unit that I installed just before Christmas with originally 2k on the clock. Set it to map4 plus1 as per your recommendation and it's transformed a great engine to a fantastic one. I have done an additional 1.5k miles since install and it's blown a load of friends minds away on its smooth power delivery and effortless overtaking ability.

In sport mode when you want to exploit the performance it puts a huge smile on your face, however when you are after fuel savings in Eco mode on motorway journeys I've seen the other side of 60mpg which again puts a smile on your face.

This is the third DTUK unit I have purchased and its the best yet. I know you constantly working on improving the software but not sure you will be able to do it with this one, but I will be keeping and eye on the website.

Happy for you to use this as a testimonial, but change my name if you want to use it.

Sent from my iPad

Sounds great.  Quite a glowing endorsement.

If they let you eat up S Line and 3 series I wonder why they're not fitted as standard on a VRs to make them a genuinely fast car? Or at least included within the options list? They'd fly out, especially if they also increased MPG by up to 20% as claimed.  Skoda must surely be missing a trick by not buying them. 

I threw one in the bin yesterday.

Slight damage to one clip trying to get it off (previously fitted to my 2012 CR170 Yeti) and I couldn't even get £5 for it on ebay...

Sounds great.  Quite a glowing endorsement.

If they let you eat up S Line and 3 series I wonder why they're not fitted as standard on a VRs to make them a genuinely fast car? Or at least included within the options list? They'd fly out, especially if they also increased MPG by up to 20% as claimed.  Skoda must surely be missing a trick by not buying them. 

Hmmmm, I can't quite figure out which side of the fence you are sitting on. Maybe an actual call to VAG to ask them why they don't sell tuning products from 3rd party companies might get you a definitive answer to some of your questions. My apologies if this reply comes across as some what cynical.

• Like 1

My apologies if this reply comes across as some what cynical.

Not at all, cynicism is how things develop.  I'm all for critical thinking and I do have a suspicious, enquiring mind.  Currently I'm on the side that questions the claims made by manufacturers of these devices.   I may be tempted to try them out but I will ask lots of questions before I part with hundreds of pounds like what are the downsides and why are they not standard issue if they are so good.

I threw one in the bin yesterday.

Slight damage to one clip trying to get it off (previously fitted to my 2012 CR170 Yeti) and I couldn't even get £5 for it on ebay...

That's a real shame... I can't believe somebody wouldn't pay £5!!!!

Not at all, cynicism is how things develop.  I'm all for critical thinking and I do have a suspicious, enquiring mind.  Currently I'm on the side that questions the claims made by manufacturers of these devices.   I may be tempted to try them out but I will ask lots of questions before I part with hundreds of pounds like what are the downsides and why are they not standard issue if they are so good.

I would only give feedback with hands on experience, which I obviously have as I have had one of these fitted for 4 weeks, and I have seen no downsides...

As I understand, most car manufactures (Not including the highest performance) have to allow for varying contributing factors across different countries, including fuel qualities available, ambient temperatures, weather factors etc. therefore they have to hit a 'middle ground' that allows the car to perform reliably and consistently. Therefore they are released into the mainstream as such.

The vast majority of cars, including super cars have tuning houses, look at AMG... would you say that Mercedes have missed something?...

Not at all, cynicism is how things develop. I'm all for critical thinking and I do have a suspicious, enquiring mind. Currently I'm on the side that questions the claims made by manufacturers of these devices. I may be tempted to try them out but I will ask lots of questions before I part with hundreds of pounds like what are the downsides and why are they not standard issue if they are so good.

That's fair enough but the guy was just getting across his experience with the tuning product, he's not part of their marketing department. The industry has survived way to long and gotten way to large for the products to be snake oil (the good ones anyway). Long before there where ECU's there where companies selling products to extract better performance from vehicles, Dynojet would be main one that springs to mind, selling kits to upjet your Carbs. These where not snake oil, they got results. There will always be downsides to tuning and it's up to you to weigh it all up and make a decision.

I have 615,000kms on my PD140 DSG and that was remapped about 2 weeks from new. I think the VAG engines in particular are well able to handle the fairly modest power increase that most of these products give.

I am not in the market at the moment for a tuning product but if I was, going by some dialogue I have had with Andrew, I would be more than happy to use his product.

That's just my tuppence worth.

Tapatalked from my G PAD 8.3

• Like 1

Interesting BUT??

Like any investment , other than the performance thrill, what is the marketing payback in years on the average mileage user.

Fuel savings, against increase in insurance and potential loss of warranty??

Reality please.

Andrew,question.

Why aren't you and your German sister company not doing as Mountune operation. (i.e. Ford UK on their Fiesta ST)?

Proper development with full approval.

Too difficult and expensive?

Have you even entertained the thought?

GIven that Skoda UK can't even organise order tracking or sensible quotas with their parent company for consumers, I dread to think what hurdles there would be for an SME wishing to become involved with development on the continent. It would need to come from the German contingent, and the politics across VAG would be cumbersome too no doubt. We struggled to get latter day Vauxhall to accept Blydenstein as an authentic tuning source and he was fundamental to their race team throughout the 70s and had tuned tens of thousands of Vauxhalls throughout the 80's and 90's!

GIven that Skoda UK can't even organise order tracking or sensible quotas with their parent company for consumers, I dread to think what hurdles there would be for an SME wishing to become involved with development on the continent. It would need to come from the German contingent, and the politics across VAG would be cumbersome too no doubt. We struggled to get latter day Vauxhall to accept Blydenstein as an authentic tuning source and he was fundamental to their race team throughout the 70s and had tuned tens of thousands of Vauxhalls throughout the 80's and 90's!

Ford can do it !!

Fiesta ST mountune selling like hot cakes we are lead to believe.