Mk3 Mfsw in a Mk2 FL

Hi 

i did exactly the same you did , installed the new Octavia III to my Octavia II, same module as i already had MSFW in my previous wheel,

But i am facing a problem and looking for some one to help, the horn is not working:(

but everything else is fine , including the DSG shift which is added.

I did the coding only for it..

Please support..

• 2 weeks later...

I learned the hard way that a post FL MFSW will not work well in a pre FL Octavia II as only a few buttons were working. After testing a number of MFSWs in my car and scanning the steerin button codes of a friend's Passat I decided for a Volkswagen wheel, namely a 1T0 419 091 AD. The wheel has 12 buttons, of which 9 work, and DSG shift paddles.

Here is my parts list:

• MFSW: 1T0 419 091 AD
  • Airbag: 1T0 880 201 AA
  • Wiper switch: 1K0 953 519 H (without buttons for Maxidot+)
  • Slip ring: 1K0 959 653 C (unchanged)
  • Steering angle sensor: 1K0 959 654 (unchanged)
  • Wiring loom: 5K0 971 584 C
  • Steering column module: 1K0 953 549 CH (supports both LIN 1.3 and 2.0)

The 9 buttons that work:

• Station up
  • Station down
  • Volume up
  • Volume down
  • PTT
  • Menu
  • Navigate in menu up
  • Navigate in menu down
  • OK (confirm menu selection, take or end call, switch between level 1 and 2 in maxidot+)

I don't mind the Volkswagen logo on the wheel so I have arrived at a solution that satisfies me.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

My next project is a new steering wheel. this seem to be the right place to begin. Skoda dealer gave me the part number for a MFSW 1Z0 419 091 S E74. I was told that the last S E74 was very important... true? 

If not, how will I find the correct MFSW for my Octavia MK2  ( production peroid 2004/06 - 2010/12 )  ? 

other than the actual steering wheel, how do I make sure that I order the right parts? 

1Z0 419 091 S - MFSW lether E74 - black color, but this is pre-FL model (MK2) and not MK3;)

production peroid 2004/06 - 2010/12? This is pre-FL car? Production of pre-FL finished in 2009...

What you need is MFSW, correct Steering column module, Wiring loom and VCDS cable for coding, thats all.

Can I install a steering wheel like Eddie-NL ?  My car is a pre FL I guess. My octavia is from 2005 1Z3.  Looks better than 1Z0 419 091 S. Or any other better looking steering wheel..  Skodadop.com has many nice ones.. tried emailing them a few times, but no answer... 

• 2 weeks later...

1Z0 419 091 S - MFSW lether E74 - black color, but this is pre-FL model (MK2) and not MK3;)

production peroid 2004/06 - 2010/12? This is pre-FL car? Production of pre-FL finished in 2009...

What you need is MFSW, correct Steering column module, Wiring loom and VCDS cable for coding, thats all.

Great stuff, found that from cars-equipment.com  now I just need to close my eyes and pull the trigger.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I am wanting to do this mod to my fl Octavia but I don't have maxi dot. Is there any point changing to the mfsw, or would I not see all the benefits due to not having maxi dot

A correctly fitted MFSW will allow you to change the volume, skip tracks, change source and mute assuming it's an OEM headunit. It's the buttons on the right hand side that won't do anything unless a maxidot is fitted.

If that's useful to you then I'd fit one! You can also try and find a maxidot cluster later to get the full benefit from the switch over.

If you are fitting the MK3 style, you can also get a blanking plate for the right hand side so only the correctly working left hand side buttons are fitted :)

A correctly fitted MFSW will allow you to change the volume, skip tracks, change source and mute assuming it's an OEM headunit. It's the buttons on the right hand side that won't do anything unless a maxidot is fitted.

If that's useful to you then I'd fit one! You can also try and find a maxidot cluster later to get the full benefit from the switch over.

If you are fitting the MK3 style, you can also get a blanking plate for the right hand side so only the correctly working left hand side buttons are fitted :)

Get in line :D

Thanks for the help :). I currently have a bolero but I'm on the hunt for a Columbus. I think I would use the left hand buttons so I will continue to look into this mod. Also I prefer the look of the mk3 wheel.

I shall also queue up for a maxidot cluster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally managed to fit 4 spoke MFSW superb mk2 fl to my octavia 2 pre fl but I am facing a problem where only 2 buttons are working.My head unit is vw rns 510 not the columbus and the buttons whitch work are voice control and mute on roller.What I want to get working is volume roller and next,previous track buttons.Can anybody advice me what could be wrong?I have reset the rns 510 and the next,previous buttons were working for a minute or so but the they stop working.The volume controls did not work at all.Thanks   

Im working on this right now! Just waiting for a few parts to arrive.

Just to make you aware its not cheap, I now need to upgrade my gateway aswell.

Im not sure if I understant what you mean.Do you mean that I have to upgrade my gateway?

I ran VCDS and the gateway is reporting an error so it most likely thats why I need to replace.

Im just waiting now for the CH controllor, airbag loom and the maxidot to arrive hopefully by early next week.

Edited by Awesam

• 2 weeks later...

Just like to say a big thanks to Ed for today for fitting the Maxidot,the MK3 steering wheel and the heating loom.

The drive home was great really loving the mods.

I will put pics up soon

I currently have the MFSW in my manual VRS, which is working perfectly. Will the flat bottom, non paddled, VRS wheel be a straight swap, and would it require any additional coding?

Thanks