Zeb's Octavia MK2 VRS - A few little tweeks here and there...

Zuhayb

I have come to a decision, will be going for 225/35/19 on fronts, and 235/35/19 on the rears. I can always change them if I don't like the tyre size. Not fussed with the speedo if bought 40's. 1 of my muffler came loose, so did a quick cheap job by tying a not around it. 

SNH you will always come up with the answers :) 

Would you happen to have any pictures of those speedlines test mounted in the rear? I still don't believe that they will fit under those arches. I'm basing my assumptions on my own experience on my own car but it is an estate unlike your car. But i don't think that there is much of a difference in the arches on those two body styles...?

I haven't done a trial test on the Speedlines I will do it this week. Before I had my Octy I owned Passat B6 and that was 19' BBS LM's ET35, 9.5J running on 235/35/19 on the rears with eibach pro's fitted, I had not issues on the rears nor the fronts. I believe they will fit, just the fronts will stick out if I go for 235 on fronts. 

All 4 tyres were 235/35/19...

5893973939_02a26beb50_o.jpg
020720111061 by Zuhayb Pics, on Flickr

5891022193_faf5782761_o.jpg
010720111039 by Zuhayb Pics, on Flickr

What tyre size your going for? Offsets were ET35, fronts 8.5J, rears 9.5J on Passat. 

But what offset were the standard Passat wheels?

Standard Octavia is ET 51, so ET33 is automatically going to push the wheel out 18mm further, before you take account of the wider 9" rim (isn't the stock Octavia wheel 7.5, or maybe 8 maximum?)

My current wheels are 18" x 8" ET42 running on 225/40/18, the Rays are 19" x 8" ET43 and will be shod with 225/35/19, so the difference will be marginal, if non-existent

• Like 1

I believe Passat wheels are somewhere around ET47.

Is an 18" Zenith ET54 or 51? I reckon you could get away with a 15" spacer on the rear which would make them sit about flush at an ET39/36 depending on what they are to start with (can't remember).

• Like 1

I believe Passat wheels are somewhere around ET47.Is an 18" Zenith ET54 or 51? I reckon you could get away with a 15" spacer on the rear which would make them sit about flush at an ET39/36 depending on what they are to start with (can't remember).

Have you read the thread through?

He's talking of putting ET33 9" wheels on, NOT standard Zeniths at ET51

• Like 1

I get that 100%, I'm trying to make a comparison between the Passat OE fit you referenced and the Octavia OE fit.

I've read through the thread and made several posts in it so I know what Zeb is trying to do, but thanks for making your point without making me feel small.

• Like 2

I think standard Passat wheels were Borbet style 17', 7.5J, ET43? I've ordered a set of tyres for the fronts x2 225/35/19, I'll see how that fits and looks. As for the rears, I will fit 235/35/19. 1 more thing, what spigot rings would I need for my Speedlines? Spigots rings never came with the wheels. 

Edited by Zuhayb

I think standard Passat wheels were Borbet style 17', 7.5J, ET43? I've ordered a set of tyres for the fronts x2 225/35/19, I'll see how that fits and looks. As for the rears, I will fit 235/35/19. 1 more thing, what spigot rings would I need for my Speedlines? Spigots rings never came with the wheels. 

Depends what size centre bore the Speedlines are.......whatever it is it needs to come down to 57.1 for the Octavia

• Like 2

you will have to find out the internal diameter of your wheels bore. The bore of standard wheels are 57.1. Then buy spigot rings to reduce your speedlines down to that size.  

SNH - You always help me out and find solutions within seconds :) Perfecto. Both of you are bang on right, I should've searched on Google.

Tyres ordered, Spigots sorted, now the waiting game begins  :dull:

• Like 1

Keechy: Lol ha ha...I'm ahead of you  :giggle: When are you looking to order and fit?  :happy:

Brimma: Not long left till your tyres arrive, what's the hold up for fitting wheels? Likewise, most probably fit wheels mid March time, by then the weather should be nice and bright. 

Brimma: Not long left till your tyres arrive, what's the hold up for fitting wheels? Likewise, most probably fit wheels mid March time, by then the weather should be nice and bright.

Not a hold up, just not sure I want to fit brand new shiny wheels in February

• Like 2

I'm with brimma hence why I haven't ordered yet as I know I will not be able to resist temptation and stick them on.

When I fit them il either be on the hunt for zeniths for winters or use my LE's. But I think 17" would be better..... Want want want.