Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

Do you guys have a photo of the dash at night on the RS? Do they come with Cat Vision, lighted air vent controls, and illuminated door pulls/ footwell lights? :)

Actually it has all of those. Can't remember if the footwell lights were an option in the UK.

• Like 1

In the third image is that the black sports style pack spoiler on the rear? Do you have any other angles for it as I'm tempting adding the silver version to my order but just not convinced if it's worth it.

This is the one I have Astec;

2utevyje.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A couple of pics of my new vehicle.....including the "flat" steering wheel!

Nice, is this the first MY15 car on the forum? Should there not be a vRS badge on the bottom spoke of the wheel?

Edited by Spudey

Nice, is this the first MY15 car on the forum? Should there not be a vRS badge on the bottom spoke of the wheel?

Should there??? 

I want my money back!!!  :D

Should there??? 

I want my money back!!!  :D

The badge that's missing will be available from BW34 onwards, but in Germany they will be retro-fitted to cars built between BW22 and BW34 for free. Don't know whether that applies to the UK as well. 

The badge that's missing will be available from BW34 onwards, but in Germany they will be retro-fitted to cars built between BW22 and BW34 for free. Don't know whether that applies to the UK as well.

Good info! Should be picking mine up next week.

The 'new' style badge for the vRS (with the colour insert) was listed as one of the MY2015 adaptations on the dealer bulletin sheet which can be downloaded from the '2015-model' thread (post 159) - but this was shown as an adaptation to the original (round) bottom steering wheel.

There was no mention of a change to the flat bottom wheel on the vRS, which Skoda seem to have just sneaked in unannounced.

It also appears that the wheel currently being fitted to the vRS is the standard Supersport MFSW (as can be evidenced from muppster's post) available as an option on the SE and Elegance - so not a true and unique vRS wheel as in the past.

I'm yet to pick up my vRS which is sitting at the dealer having only arrived 2 days ago, so no idea what the wheel looks like (i.e. with or without badge), but I know it's the flat bottom one which is one very minor disappointment as I much preferred the original MY2014 MFSW.

Another question to pose to SUK regarding the retro-availability/fitting of the insert.

Update… popped up to the dealers compound for a sneaky look at my car and the steering wheel I've got is is the optional flat bottom Supersport MFSW wheel used on the SE and Elegance… no VRS badge.

Will pose the question to SUK (as have found an extremely helpful contact there) to find out about retro-availability/fitting and update accordingly. Doesn't really bother me so no biggie… but If they're retro-fitting them to vRS's in Germany as GatorLinearFade has mentioned, there's no harm in asking!

Update… popped up to the dealers compound for a sneaky look at my car and the steering wheel I've got is is the optional flat bottom Supersport MFSW wheel used on the SE and Elegance… no VRS badge.

Will pose the question to SUK (as have found an extremely helpful contact there) to find out about retro-availability/fitting and update accordingly. Doesn't really bother me so no biggie… but If they're retro-fitting them to vRS's in Germany as GatorLinearFade has mentioned, there's no harm in asking!

Probably just a parts shortage then, looks like the chrome surround is a different shape on the flat bottomed one (unsurprisingly) when you compare the two so old badge wouldn't fit.

post-104250-14038160139285_thumb.jpg

post-104250-14038160276236_thumb.jpg

For me the vRS badge on the steering wheel is a bit of an after-thought anyway.

Its made from crappy plastic, it doesn't fit very tightly & I'm sure mine will be gone/broken within a year.

So it does actually exist then :) I was starting to wonder  :notme:

I was beginning to wonder myself the amount of time it's taken to get the bl**dy thing.

Irony is I can't pick it up now until 18th July. I got so bored with waiting I decided to have my driveway re-paved (couldn't park the new beast on a cr*ppy old printed concrete drive)… and then Skoda decided to get their finger out and build it and get it all the way from CZ to Jersey via the Baltic sea and the north of England in just 9 working days!!!

I've got nowhere to park it until the contractor's finished, and didn't want it getting covered in builders muck, so I'm going to check it over at the dealers after they've PDI'd and cleaned it on Monday, then it's having the H&R springs fitted and being mothballed under a cover at the back of the showroom until the 18th when I'll pick it up, have a quick spin, then it's straight off to have the new wheels fitted and then into the detailers for a full Gtechniq new car treatment.

Pics will follow (just in case anybody thinks I'm just a forum stalker)!

IMG 0465

IMG 0464

In the dealers compound, pre PDI and filthy… yet another Candy White vRS… but it's mine!

Have to say I like the 18" Gemini's… but they look too small for the car, and they sit way to far inboard at the back (probably made worse by the high stance of the car)… but that's all getting dealt with in the next couple of weeks.

Here's a good one... my salesman said he'd had a price back from their workshops for changing over the springs (H&R 28833-2's with 25mm drop)… 6 hours labour, £600.00… but he was going to see if he could do anything on the price. I told him (out of politeness and respect) that I'd leave it with him... I didn't want to fall laughing on the floor in front of him. Another garage has quoted me 2.5 hours labour, £187.50 tops. I think they're pi**ed off about me telling them I didn't want the overpriced £350.00 Gardx paint protection on the car and I'm taking it to a professional detailer. I also (thanks to SUK) got the cruise control deducted from the invoice.

As a final note, car is wearing Bridgestone Potenza S001 boots… first I heard of these being used on the car. 

• Like 2

Hi,

Nookiebear could you share what do you plan to do with your wheels ?

My car is wearing the 19" Xtreme alloys, and for me they still sit to deep.

Cheers

Have to say I like the 18" Gemini's… but they look too small for the car, and they sit way to far inboard at the back (probably made worse by the high stance of the car)… but that's all getting dealt with in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by maqio

Hi,

Nookiebear could you share what do you plan to do with your wheels ?

My car is wearing the 19" Xtreme alloys, and for me they still sit to deep.

Cheers

Gemini's are being replaced with 3SDM 0.05's 8.5Jx18 ET42. This will push the outer rim edge 21.71mm further out towards the exterior and inner edge 3.71mm closer to the suspension, but creates no issues. Suspension will be dropping 25mm all round also.

Contemplating Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RT 235/40 R18's in place of the Bridgestone Potenza S001's, which will increase overall wheel diameter by 24.13mm (1.26%). This will also affect speedometer reading so 70MPH will actually be 70.88MPH, and don't know if this can be adjusted through VCDS - pending further investigation! One of the main reasons for the tyre change will be noise reduction (an often discussed issue), as Potenza's show as 73dB whereas Sport Maxx RT's are a mere 68dB - big difference! 

• Like 1