Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

My Black Edition...with a few mods...thanks to Will at Vindis, Moley, Andy "The VCDS Meister" Vee and the boys on the Black Edition thread for the ideas and help. Its not a vRS but not bad!

post-68707-0-10458900-1417455873_thumb.jpg

post-68707-0-26881500-1417455883_thumb.jpg

post-68707-0-53820500-1417455909_thumb.jpg

post-68707-0-50468800-1417455920_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I think I'm losing the plot.......I've ordered a vRS Estate with the 19" Extreme's in Metal grey but the more I look at these pictures the more I'm drawn towards the race blue - aarrgghh......The metal grey is starting to look a little bit too dark - does it look lighter in real life (it was a pretty dull rainy day when I visited the dealers).

I steered away from race blue as it seemed to be the most "common" colour but I'm really starting to like it, especially with the 19" wheels and black pack....

Flip a coin perhaps?!!

I wanted ours in race blue, but swmbo refused. I already have a white one, and the black ones are too difficult to keep clean so we chose the metal grey....oops just realised that that's not really helping you, is it? :p

If you can still change and you like the blue, go ahead. I have seen quite a few metal greys in the meantime and think the colour is pretty good (read classy). Also check out this thread http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/300095-metal-grey/ with pics other than on rainy days.
The only thing that I will miss by not having a blue or white VRS is that the bumper design looks better with a colour that creates more of a contrast to the black.

• Like 1

I wanted ours in race blue, but swmbo refused. I already have a white one, and the black ones are too difficult to keep clean so we chose the metal grey....oops just realised that that's not really helping you, is it? :p

If you can still change and you like the blue, go ahead. I have seen quite a few metal greys in the meantime and think the colour is pretty good (read classy). Also check out this thread http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/300095-metal-grey/ with pics other than on rainy days.

The only thing that I will miss by not having a blue or white VRS is that the bumper design looks better with a colour that creates more of a contrast to the black.

I think I'm over my colour wobble now....I already have a white vRS Blackline so kind of ruled out white as I've already got white (love it though). I really like the race blue but think the metal grey is a little more subtle and a better long term bet....(unless I change my mind again)!

I already have a white vRS Blackline

Then you should have gone for black pearl magic on the second one :D

I like those contrasts (that's why I got rid of all the chrome part on my Scirocco to get it just black and white), and wouldn't have minded going for a black one VRS, it's just that the white one is already difficult to keep clean and the black ones are even worse.

Edited by TomLux

I think I'm losing the plot.......I've ordered a vRS Estate with the 19" Extreme's in Metal grey but the more I look at these pictures the more I'm drawn towards the race blue - aarrgghh......The metal grey is starting to look a little bit too dark - does it look lighter in real life (it was a pretty dull rainy day when I visited the dealers).

I steered away from race blue as it seemed to be the most "common" colour but I'm really starting to like it, especially with the 19" wheels and black pack....

Flip a coin perhaps?!!

Stick to your guns.... I've got the Grey Estate with black pack and think it looks great (even better when its clean!) - Turns a few heads for sure and is quite a subtle but mean look (imo) 

• Like 1

I think I'm over my colour wobble now....I already have a white vRS Blackline so kind of ruled out white as I've already got white (love it though). I really like the race blue but think the metal grey is a little more subtle and a better long term bet....(unless I change my mind again)!

There are some really great pictures on the Metal Grey thread to help convince you its the right choice... ;)

• Like 2

the black ones are too difficult to keep clean

Too true.  Black cars are a pain.  I think mine has been clean for no more than a week in the 3 and a bit months I've had it  :( .  But, with the black pack as well, it's like a stealth ninja car, and that's just cool  :ph34r: .

This section seems to have transformed from Octavia Photos, to best colour. But as we are there,I took the plunge and ordered Rallye Green, love it, and even while dirty, it still stands out among the crowd of black, white,silver,grey cars in that are everywhere. Only problem,it doesn't look like an unmarked patrol car, so I do get the odd idiot wanting a challenge.

Went today and bought a new dryer...the people at the store were adamant to take care of the delivery and did not believe it will fit with the child seat in place.

My estate however took it with no drama whatsoever :)

eBftHiG.jpg

S7fW16U.jpg

Kl76yci.jpg

Edited by PUFPAF
  • Like 4

Black estates really are becoming popular...

WOULD EVERYONE PLEASE STOP BUYING THEM.  :D

I had the same thing in my Estoril Blue 1-series - was the only one when I got it, but within 6 months there were 3 living within 1/2 mile of me.

My entry for the dirtiest had to be the week old demo that the dealer lent me for a trip to Wales while my Blackline was off the road and I was waiting for my new Octy to be prepped.

post-95926-0-09635100-1418232556_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Shockingly it was last cleaned in September. I cleaned it last week though! 

Here it is in September

10620800_10154686932005145_3172982454584

yes skodanorman your octy vRS did look clean on that day in September parked next to my nice shine red one