Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

5 hours ago, Johnonz said:

If I have figured the technology properly, here's my baby after getting her new tyres fitted today - 235 / 40 GT Radial Champiro HPX.  Too early to tell how they perform.  I think they will be a little bit of a step down from the Michelin Pilot Super Sports the previous owner had put on.  Not sure if I'll notice the extra width (235 vs. 225 that was on previously), but time will tell.....http://Eva - new tyres 2_zpslsvii4wn.png

I had those GT Radial tyres on the front of my Octavia 2 FL VRS TSI when I bought it (asked the dealer why they couldn't have fitted Goodyear). They weren't actually bad tyres to be fair, gripped reasonably well and lasted for 20k. They will be a step down from Michelins but they are far from terrible budget tyres.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ahenners said:

I had those GT Radial tyres on the front of my Octavia 2 FL VRS TSI when I bought it (asked the dealer why they couldn't have fitted Goodyear). They weren't actually bad tyres to be fair, gripped reasonably well and lasted for 20k. They will be a step down from Michelins but they are far from terrible budget tyres.

Thanks heaps for the info.  To replace the Super Sports with comparable tyres was going to be too pricey - about $450 a tyre.  The GT Radials aren't as good but it was a good deal - about $250 a tyre, reduced from about $330 a tyre.  So, a mid-point tyre, which, in reality is all I really need - I am about 80% around town driving; rock-star tyres just aren't needed.

6 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Hears my 2.0 TDI CR 150 (Black Edition)

Just sold my 1.8T VRS 02 (very sad to let it go) replaced with this beast. Was going to get another VRS but this car just stood out to me.

20170521_103503.jpg

Kinda feel it's them black wheels on those that set them up so nicely however, my OCD still has a problem with a white black edition, its an unnerving oxymoron to me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nightrider said:

Here's ours - she's called 'Snowy' (according to my daughter!)

IMG_20170523_184915.jpg

Looks identical to mine!  Great choice!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pump said:

Bingo! 

Six years since I moved to the UK. Very fond memories of that road, from Avoca all the way through Glendalough and over the Wicklow Gap, did it many times and enjoyed every mile! 

Cooked the brakes coming down towards Blessington on a laden works van one evening, that was "interesting"... :biggrin:

• Like 1

Just now, SC03OTT said:

Is your badge squint..?

yeah I messed it up when painting it; I inadvertently removed the guide studs from the back so it didn't go on exactly right. I've straightened it since taking this ;)

• Like 1