Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

23 hours ago, BlockABoots said:

OK cool, yeah that all I've used atm, well self drilling screws which removed the need to jack the front of the car up enough to get a drill under it. There's just some very small sections where I can see slight daylight between the splitter and body work and just wondered if I should run a thin line of sealer along where the splitter meets the body work so it's completely air tight? 

Think I might need to add some rubber spacers on the right side section of the splitter as I'm not sure if it's the way the cars sitting or the way the light hits the splitter but it might be sitting ever so slightly higher that side (that's me bring OCD).... 

IMG_20180908_181327.jpg

Hi was it easy enough to remove the silver grill surround? I’m thinking of getting a black surround for mine

Been spending some time in the UK recently and went shopping in Liverpool yesterday. Decided to take some pics with the Radio CIty tower in day and night.

IMG_2801.JPG

IMG_2817.JPG

8 hours ago, lulzyboy said:

Been spending some time in the UK recently and went shopping in Liverpool yesterday. Decided to take some pics with the Radio CIty tower in day and night.

IMG_2801.JPG

IMG_2817.JPG

Given that the license plate was probably issued in Tallinn... you took a lenghty drive there :)

4 minutes ago, cocoa said:

Given that the license plate was probably issued in Tallinn... you took a lenghty drive there :)

Pärnu, and yeah I managed to add over 125000 km in two years. Car's probably been to more countries than the majority of people ever will.

Edited by lulzyboy
Changed to km for a european
  • Like 4

Should've gone to .........errr Vision Express!!!!!!!

Bit concerned when this was parked next to my Race Blue  1.5TSi DSG at a local care home.

20180912_154315.jpg

20180912_154333.jpg

Edited by YMe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, YMe said:

Should've gone to .........errr Vision Express!!!!!!!

Bit concerned when this was parked next to my Race Blue  1.5TSi DSG at a local care home.

20180912_154315.jpg

20180912_154333.jpg

Perhaps someone from the care home took it for a JOY RIDE just to confirm they needed new specs!:cool:

• Haha 1

On 11/09/2018 at 09:44, negaultra7 said:

Hi was it easy enough to remove the silver grill surround? I’m thinking of getting a black surround for mine

It takes a while to get going, as you dont want to damage the paint work or actual grill itself but once you have manage to get a section off then you just have to snap the rest and comes off quickly

1 hour ago, FK7 said:

Plastidip badges failed so superskoda ones installed. Also got a cheeky boot strip whilst ordering :)

IMG_20180915_1347588.jpg

I think black magic wing mirrors will look good (next mod?)

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-RS-BLACK-mirror-shell-replacement-orig-Skoda-Autoas

• Like 1

New Friedrich Motorsport Full stainless system (ignore the dirt as my pressure washer needs a new O ring) 

20180917_130930.jpg

i'm adding another hanger on the other side as the TDI doesn't have one where the TSI does and should be a bit more secure and sit higher. 

I've definitely noticed more torque/power at the top end of the rev range and it feels much quicker too. I was expecting much more noise but its actually quieter if im honest and less of a drone at motorway speeds.

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

New Friedrich Motorsport Full stainless system (ignore the dirt as my pressure washer needs a new O ring) 

20180917_130930.jpg

i'm adding another hanger on the other side as the TDI doesn't have one where the TSI does and should be a bit more secure and sit higher. 

I've definitely noticed more torque/power at the top end of the rev range and it feels much quicker too. I was expecting much more noise but its actually quieter if im honest and less of a drone at motorway speeds.

Were you running the standard exhaust system before hand?

What was the damage?

3 hours ago, BlockABoots said:

Were you running the standard exhaust system before hand?

What was the damage?

yes, the full system was £650 posted, If you're TDI you'll need to add the TSI right tip as the TDI dummy is too shallow (£78 from Skoda), the two heat shields (£20 also from Skoda). The FOX Sportauspuff one looks good too but was considerably more. I got this on ebay.de

Edited by JohnnyType2

1 hour ago, JaVa^ said:

On the racetrack last weekend:

MG_5284.jpg

Your car has come a long way - still remember right after you got it you saying you had plans and how it looked stock :)

well done!

On 15/09/2018 at 10:02, JohnnyType2 said:

photoshop it @ 100+ contrast will do that... :thinking:

Yep i did edit the picture on my phone a bit... Original

IMG_20180911_120851.jpg

Edited by StealthRS245
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

yes, the full system was £650 posted, If you're TDI you'll need to add the TSI right tip as the TDI dummy is too shallow (£78 from Skoda), the two heat shields (£20 also from Skoda). The FOX Sportauspuff one looks good too but was considerably more. I got this on ebay.de

Was it the exhaust system you bought on eBay? Just looked on a couple of websites and can't find it.

36 minutes ago, Bowiesst said:

Was it the exhaust system you bought on eBay? Just looked on a couple of websites and can't find it.

yes, the sellers shop...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/turbo_chrisi?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

skoda section

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/tgpowerparts/Skoda/_i.html?_storecat=7136067017

Edited by JohnnyType2