Winters on !

Well, I wouldn't like to deviate from the manufacturer's spec, but when you consider the larger (and, more importantly, wider) wheel sizes allowable I don't think you'll see a problem. You might need to consider the tyre size carefully though, The 16's usually use 205/55R16, but I think 7" seems quite wide for a 205 tyre. I guess second hand you might have bought them with tyres on already?

I guess there's quite a wide range of acceptable rim width / tyre width options. Looking at the Octavia spec 7" looks wide, but I just did the maths and 205mm is about 8", so actually not as close to the rim width as I thought.

I stood there looking at it

Thinking,

How on earth did I manage two of them?

I can't have even more cars now in grey metallic with grey rims! :D

But I like the finish, althought one of these needed a lot of weights. Will check that out.

Small rims, but they'll work no matter what in winter conditions for my missus and our daughter. :x 

post-115991-0-58930200-1413492787_thumb.jpg

post-115991-0-88257300-1413493042_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well, I wouldn't like to deviate from the manufacturer's spec, but when you consider the larger (and, more importantly, wider) wheel sizes allowable I don't think you'll see a problem. You might need to consider the tyre size carefully though, The 16's usually use 205/55R16, but I think 7" seems quite wide for a 205 tyre. I guess second hand you might have bought them with tyres on already?

205 is spot on for 7" width rims.

It'll work just fine, just look at my images in this thread. The Polar wheels are 7x16 ET45 with 205/55-16 tires.

It'll work just fine, just look at my images in this thread. The Polar wheels are 7x16 ET45 with 205/55-16 tires.

yeah, I already stand corrected on this!

Nice looking wheels by the way, I found a lot of fussy looking aftermarket alloys, but these have a very clean design.

I finally decdied on 225/45/17 for my winters, the same size as for summer, 16 seem to small although largely cheaper.

I have teron alloys 7x17j 225/45/17, but cant seem to decide which alloys suit octavia the best.

VRS is little bit different and fits more agressive tyres but on my Elegance I dont like to aggressive. I find my teron just right: http://www.parkers.co.uk/Images/PageFiles/75658/Skoda_Octavia_Est_010713%2812%29.jpg

Anybody got some good online configurator where you can see how the wheels look on a car?

Also, I am confued by offset value, it says ET 49 here: http://www.wheelfitment.eu/car/Skoda/Octavia%20%282013%20-%20%29/

Which offset range can I fit?

Allowable wheel sizes according to Type Approval are listed in this document:

http://www.skoda-auto.de/SiteCollectionDocuments/Serienreifen_Skoda_2014_07_1.pdf

I'm sticking with this, swapping my Teron with summer tyres for 205/55R16 winters on 6.5J x 16, ET46 rims (snow chains not required).

Deviations of offset of the order of a few mm seems to be neither here nor there, although I wanted to stay 'standard'  for insurance reasons. If you do want to fit something else try comparing on this website:

http://www.willtheyfit.com/

In terms of style I went with Dezent TD, mainly for the TUV approval, and simple design. I was not looking to make a statement, I just needed something to put tyres on! Dezent do a wide range of alloys at very reasonable prices, the closest in style to Teron is the Dezent TF, but it's only available in 16".

Of course, other alloys are plentiful, just start with Google!

• Like 2

Any offset  from around 35 to 51 should be no trouble. Plenty of vrs owners have fitted 10mm spacers to 7.5" wide 51 offset factory rims. So effectively 41 offset on 7.5" width. 1/2" less or 12mm means the outside edge of 7" rim is 6mm further inboard so you could bring it out another 6mm. This equals et35

• Like 1

Would be optically much better in 17", but I am really pleased with the comfort and low noise level of these 16" 205/55 Michelin Ice XI3 compared to Vredestein's tractor fitment on my Polo 6N... :yawn:

10723827_307429789449898_1737270499_n.jp

(Yes, I was making the misses' pleasant morning, as I was up early playing with our 2 month old daughter... So we did the early bird car wash drive, that always works!)

Edited by WAUOla

From reading this thread, it seems like most Octavia III's are going to have Dezent TD's fitted this winter :) Well I've joined the club and also just bought a set for my vRS, although have stuck with the 18in rim size as per my Geminis. Technical details copied form the order form for those wanting info on size/offset etc below:

Item: Winter complete wheel for SKODA OCTAVIA 5E (Type 5E 217bhp) 1984cc Bolt circle 5/112.00, Rim DEZENT TD 7.50 x 18 (LK 5/112, OS 51)  Felge: Pirelli Winter-Sottozero-3 M+S marking 225/40 R18 92V

Purchased from Delticom in Germany, (which I think goes under the MyTyres brand in UK?), set of 4 delivered to Luxembourg was a smidgen over €1000.

Still feels a little warm here in Lux put them on yet, but I'll post some pics when they go on in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Black Sheep! Learning German and 'Mechanical Fixings 101' all at the same time. Who would have thought something so simple could be so difficult? I'd say it would be easier to ask your local Skoda dealer, but we've seen where that ends up on another thread...

And the German for cone and sphere are so similar too!

Good clear explanation, thanks again.

My Dezent TD wheels have just been deliverd & were provided with a free "fixing" kit from PneuExperte.ch.

I haven't fitted them yet but can confirm that the bolts provided (labelled Dezent - VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat) have a cone shaped interface with the wheels so I assume you will need some new bolts to fit these.

My Dezent TD wheels have just been deliverd & were provided with a free "fixing" kit from PneuExperte.ch.

I haven't fitted them yet but can confirm that the bolts provided (labelled Dezent - VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat) have a cone shaped interface with the wheels so I assume you will need some new bolts to fit these.

Presumably you have ordered 17" rims (or larger)?

Presumably you have ordered 17" rims (or larger)?

Yes, 17" 7J ET48 5x112) with Conti Wintercontact TS 850P 205 50 R17 93V

I will probably fit them in the next 2 weeks so will let you know how its goes...

As it happens I now have a full set of Dezent TD's as well, but 16" in my case. I have last year's tyres still on steelies for the old motor, so I've got to get them swapped over now, but as you say, the weather doesn't seem to be putting any pressure on yet...(was that the sound of mockers?)

• 2 weeks later...

I e-mailed Dezent and they said the wheels are designed to work with the OEM bolts.

I fitted my Dezent TD wheels this weekend & I can confirm that the provided fitting bolts were identical to the standard Skoda fit on my vRS.

Therefore the existing bolts should be fine to fit your wheels.

The plastic nut caps will fit from the standard wheels but the centre caps are different sizes so you will need to buy new ones (if they didnt come with the wheels already).

Will post a picture from home tonight.

• Like 1

I fitted my Dezent TD wheels this weekend & I can confirm that the provided fitting bolts were identical to the standard Skoda fit on my vRS.

Therefore the existing bolts should be fine to fit your wheels.

The plastic nut caps will fit from the standard wheels but the centre caps are different sizes so you will need to buy new ones (if they didnt come with the wheels already).

Will post a picture from home tonight.

Thanks Gabbo, I made all the exact same discoveries myself yesterday morning! Bit of a disappointment that the centre caps are a different size, I have fitted the Dezent ones for now but I would prefer a Skoda centre cap, so I'll get myself on e-bay at some point.

I'd be interested in anybody else's experience of buying centre caps from e-bay:

1) Did anybody buy centre cap stickers, did they look OK (which I suspect they don't), and did they start to peel off after a couple of weeks (as I suspect they might)?

2) Did anybody buy Skoda centre caps in a non-Skoda size and find they were just generic centre caps with the said same stickers on anyway?

Did your Dezent wheels come with centre caps already & do you know the size (or part number) of them?

I need to buy some because my wheels didn't come with any centre caps & it looks terrible with a big hole in the middle.

I picked up a set of 17" speedlines off an A3 yesterday for my winter wheels, only cost £100. The offset is 56 but I'd already ordered some spacers to nudge out the Geminis a little so they will also push the Audi wheels out to where I'm happy.

Just need to order some 225/45 17 tyres for them now then I can sling them on.

Did your Dezent wheels come with centre caps already & do you know the size (or part number) of them?

I need to buy some because my wheels didn't come with any centre caps & it looks terrible with a big hole in the middle.

Yeah, mine came with Dezent centre caps. They've got ZT2000 written on the back and they're just slightly bigger than the Skoda centre caps off my Teron wheels. Haven't measured them but might guess that the Skoda ones are 55mm and the Dezent are 60mm?

I was going to offer you a set for the cost of postage as I had a shipping problem with my wheels that resulted in me getting an extra set of centre caps......or so I thought. I just opened the spare bag and discovered that I've only got 2 extra.

Sorry!