Guide: Upgrading Columbus firmware and maps

AJ7788

Your old Bluetooth unit was mono only and the new one is stereo. But the wiring for the old unit is only mono and there's no words for the second stereo channel. You either need to add extra wires to enable stereo or use a new adapter loom.

13 minutes ago, Rustynuts said:

Your old Bluetooth unit was mono only and the new one is stereo. But the wiring for the old unit is only mono and there's no words for the second stereo channel. You either need to add extra wires to enable stereo or use a new adapter loom.

OK thank you for your advice I understand that but why is there silence over a2dp? Yet selecting Bluetooth audio plays mono shouldn't there be mono over both? Is there any guides to adding a new wiring to the existing loom? Also can you advise on the best firmware update for my columbus? Currently holding setup only brings up FM and AM

I had the same issue when I upgraded the Bluetooth module (under the driver's seat) - audio only coming out the right side speakers.

Unless your willing to run additional cabling (which I wasn't), the only option is to use an audio cable between the phone and audio port hidden inside the center arm rest console. 

But then you lose the advantage of control via Bluetooth as your media input then has to be set to aux.

6 minutes ago, sabian1982 said:

I had the same issue when I upgraded the Bluetooth module (under the driver's seat) - audio only coming out the right side speakers.

Unless your willing to run additional cabling (which I wasn't), the only option is to use an audio cable between the phone and audio port hidden inside the center arm rest console. 

But then you lose the advantage of control via Bluetooth as your media input then has to be set to aux.

I'd be willing if I knew what exactly it entailed 🤔, I don't mind spending a Sunday afternoon if it's an straightforward job.. 

• 2 months later...

Hi, 

I bought an upgrade disc a while ago, however, it doesn't seem to update onto the Columbus HD. I've followed the updating procedures but it doesn't seem to make any progress. I can delete the old addresses and save new addresses, however, when i turn the end on again it reverts back to the old addresses. Also, when i want to use the sat nav i have to start from inputting the country i live in. Is this to do with the disc or am i doing somerhing wrong? Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...
On 21/04/2019 at 10:23, sharkman said:

Hi Rusty nuts , I'm very new to this forum , having only picked up mt 2015 2.0 Superb L&K . Still not too sure how to access the menus on the columbas .

But this is what I've got 

My unit has:

HW: H27, 

SW: 6276

Map 8195 

What are my options if you could explain .

Thanks in advance .

Sharkman

Hi

What is the current latest version of updates for the Skoda Superb 2012

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I am in Corby and I have a Škoda superb mk2 62 reg with Columbus system. I would like to upgrade the SW. Is there any chance to borrow the disc form someone locally for a few beers?

thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I've just got [though not yet picked-up] a 2012 Superb II with a Columbus head unit, and have a few questions regarding software and maps I was hoping you might help me out with.

The head unit reports it's HW61 (3T0035680E) which as I understand it, makes it a C11 revision with 40GB drive, LED screen, and 2TB SDXC card support? The software version is currently 3984, would that need to be updated in order to accept more recent maps, or are there fixes/improvements which would make it worth doing anyway?

I got hold of a couple of ISOs for RNS510 version 5238, one is 'orig' and one is a 'josi' modified version. First, are these specific to RNS 510 branded units, or can either/both be used on a Columbus unit without it suddenly appearing to be a VW model when it restarts (if that happens, is there coding or something which can be done to re-Skoda it with VCDS)?

I understand that the modified version has ViM enabled, and a test-mode; I'd rather not have ViM but trust myself to not use it if there's some advantage to having the test-mode or anything else which might be tweaked in the modified version?

Can the software be updated with the engine running (thinking to avoid bricking by low battery) or must it be off to do the job (if you advise I do it at all)? Finally I got hold of an 8557 (V17?) Western Europe map ISO, should that be OK? Can that update be performed with the car running?

Many thanks for any advice you can offer,

Rob.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi 

On 27/12/2023 at 15:28, JonyMoen87 said:

Does anyone have a firmware upgrade for my 3T0035680C Columbus?

Looks like I am at a similar stage as Jony -- please see my post at The Yeti Owners club .

My system is probably same age that of JonyMoen87 as the version screen looks the same.  I am wondering if these MIB1 units have a 'Testmode' that can be accessed. I have tried holding on to the 'Setup' button beyond the appearance of the Version Information but no new screen content appears.