Am I the only one.........

Brimma

........who thinks Skoda have lost the plot with the facelift Yeti?

I know at one time I used to jokingly mock it, but, comparing the original with the facelift, it has really lost its quirky, one-off looks

To me it now just looks like a Yeti back from the A pillars grafted onto an Octavia bonnet

(Awaits flaming by the Yeti massive)

• Like 3

.To me it now just looks like a Yeti back from the A pillars grafted onto an Octavia bonnet

For some of us 'twas ever thus. It's always looked to me like the fore and aft of the A pillar was designed by two different teams/designers. The pre-FL just doesn't gel as a harmonious whole. Hasn't stopped me buying one and liking a lot about it, but maybe the FL will be more of a piece - haven't seen one in the flesh yet.

Well as everyone may be aware I'm not a fan of the FLego either but each to their own. Hence why it's back to an Octy for me; if Skoda ever get round to building it :giggle:  Eleven weeks in and some time in March is the dealers current estimate  :S

TP

I like it and prefer it to the original

+1

I understand why others prefer the pre FL but personally the fog/DRL's have never really done it for me, but I am not a lover of the boot style all the new models.

Although I'm a great fan of the current Yeti, I quite like the look of the facelifted model. Remember, Skoda has set itself targets to dramatically increase sales of their brand over the next few years. To do this, they must have a more modern corporate image to attract new customers. Many people (myself included) on this forum have highlighted the quirky looks of the Yeti and the foglights which make the model attractive to them, however, quirky designs don't sell in high volumes. I think Skoda has listened to the comments and needs of current owners but to achieve their targets they must make the brand more attractive to more contemporary customers. That's progress I'm afraid.

• Like 1

. Many people (myself included) on this forum have highlighted the quirky looks of the Yeti and the foglights which make the model attractive to them, however, quirky designs don't sell in high volumes. I think Skoda has listened to the comments and needs of current owners but to achieve their targets they must make the brand more attractive to more contemporary customers. That's progress I'm afraid.

power of the masses drives the market.

Ey up Brimma and TP

must say I agree,what's up with different?

Got a Brother in law just new octavia 4x4 v nice massive wagon

Loads of character Yeti mk 1 But new one looks just like part of the same team a bit boring but still a monster underneath and will bemuch loved but perhaps not attract the same number of questions from passers by.170 dsg a detfinate plus

Still getting used to this nexus 10 jobby but can recommend

cheers peter

• Like 1

I've said it before but the people who don't like the F/L seems to be mostly people who either have had a yeti or still have the pre F/L model.  As someone who has the new model on order, I really like the look.  So far i've only seen photo's and video's of it but i'm going to my local Skoda dealer tomorrow who has a F/L in the showroom so I can see it for real  :clap:

• Like 2

As a mk1 Fabia owner I'm not a fan of the new f/l yeti, or the whole corporate image for that matter.

It looks like they designed one car and just distorted the dimensions etc to create a new car. In a similar way Audi work which is a real shame.

• Like 4

Problem for me is that the "City" version does not have any protection from the day-to-day knocks of city driving & parking. The sides will very soon be covered in "dings" from car parks and the beautifully painted bumpers will have nasty gouges.

Cannot understand why Skoda deleted the side protection strips or why they did not include at least basic rubbing strips for the edges of the bumpers. They could still have added the painted sills etc while retaining  a modicum of protection from everyday city knocks. Why????

• Like 2

Much prefer the new version - and indeed waited for it to be available before ordering one.  Skoda will have done their research, too, and it's extremely unlikely that they'd produce a new version that's less popular with buyers than the old model.

I can understand why those with the old model might feel they prefer it - it's just a question of liking what you're used to.  But things move on, and if they didn't we'd all be driving around in Model Ts.

• Like 2

Much prefer the new version - and indeed waited for it to be available before ordering one.  Skoda will have done their research, too, and it's extremely unlikely that they'd produce a new version that's less popular with buyers than the old model.

I can understand why those with the old model might feel they prefer it - it's just a question of liking what you're used to.  But things move on, and if they didn't we'd all be driving around in Model Ts.

Very well stated docc.

There were several points I was not happy with on the old model, eg water collecting point on rear bumper also water depositing itself on you when the divers window is opened ,and bottom engine compartment  protection should be standard fitting not a added extra.

Skoda seemed to have solved the rear bumper issue not sure about the divers window no feedback as yet from new owners.

But in my eyes they seem to have created a few possible drawbacks with the F/L, the wide gaps in the front grill could allow stones through to damage rad , the lack of side protection strips on some models is a big drawback.

I like both models, but a bit more thought and listening to owners feedback could have made a good motor even better.