How to enable Traffic Sign recognition

Mine seems to read the sign correctly, and then put the correct speed limit up 60/70 depending on road type. This should be correct as all will be classed as a normal car.

John

4 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Does the System actually read the sighs or does it work off Sat Nav Information.

Sat Nav shows the traffic signs on the Sat Nav display

There are 3 setups possible:

• sat nav and either basic front camera or no front camera -> sat nav displays speed limit based only on sat nav map data (if available in that country)
  • sat nav and high spec front camera with link to map enabled -> sat nav displays speed limit based on both camera and map data
  • sat nav and high spec front camera with link to map disabled -> sat nav displays speed limit based on camera only (needed in countries where map doesn't have speed data)

By "high spec front camera" I mean one that supports lane assist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi all,

Soon I am sadly parting ways with my faithful MK3 VRS estate. With all the excitement of a kid of Christmas morning I couldn't wait to apply a number of adaptations on day one of ownership. As the car is going back to a main dealer I felt it best to revert this particular adaptation back to stock, owing to the error it generates in the car status screen as it has a bolero unit and no sat-nav.

Might anyone be able to advise on what the stock settings should be for the long code adaptations? I hadn't thought to document what the byte codes were when it was stock almost 4 years ago :( I'm assuming the channel adaptations just need setting back to deactivated.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers!

10 minutes ago, Galathrox said:

Hi all,

Soon I am sadly parting ways with my faithful MK3 VRS estate. With all the excitement of a kid of Christmas morning I couldn't wait to apply a number of adaptations on day one of ownership. As the car is going back to a main dealer I felt it best to revert this particular adaptation back to stock, owing to the error it generates in the car status screen as it has a bolero unit and no sat-nav.

Might anyone be able to advise on what the stock settings should be for the long code adaptations? I hadn't thought to document what the byte codes were when it was stock almost 4 years ago :( I'm assuming the channel adaptations just need setting back to deactivated.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers!

Leave it as it is!

My Octy was on lease and the next owner will have benefitted from many adaptions I made including enabling high beam assist!

1 minute ago, aldouk said:

Leave it as it is!

My Octy was on lease and the next owner will have benefitted from many adaptions I made including enabling high beam assist!

Completely agree on the other adaptations, I too enabled HBA, cornering fogs and some QOL changes to the teardrop wipes etc. All those settings will remain in place.

The concern was the dealer spitting the dummy about the error being thrown all the time owing to the lack of sat nav.

Yep absolutely, most of the settings could be reversed from activated to deactivated / disabled. What I'm not sure on is what the original default /stock values for the 2 long codes were. 

It's entirely possible i'm missing the point here, it's been a long time since I've had my head in the adaptations. Please feel free to point out the obvious if I've misunderstood the process.

Cheers.

Edited by Galathrox

There’s a text file log in one of the folders which shows original and then changed to values. You’ll just have to find that. 

Not on on my laptop that has rosstech installed so I can’t check sorry. 

Edited by aldouk

9 hours ago, Galathrox said:

Yep absolutely, most of the settings could be reversed from activated to deactivated / disabled. What I'm not sure on is what the original default /stock values for the 2 long codes were. 

It's entirely possible i'm missing the point here, it's been a long time since I've had my head in the adaptations. Please feel free to point out the obvious if I've misunderstood the process.

Cheers.

Do you still have the same computer that you have done the coding? An of course you have not formatted it?

I’ll see if I have it but won’t be until the weekend sorry. Can you not do reverse instruction on the thread?  

I enabled mine but then reversed for that same error reason. 

Just follow the manual in the reverse order and double logically check when you are doing this.

NEVER copy/paste coding directly from another car into your car.

• Like 1

On 18/01/2018 at 17:38, mtl said:

Just follow the manual in the reverse order and double logically check when you are doing this.

NEVER copy/paste coding directly from another car into your car.

Yeah so I was being overly cautious with this, with the long code helper as you said it was a simple case of going through in reverse order to put things back to stock.

The latest beta release of VCDS has come on a long way since I last used it which made things even easier.

Cheers all

• 3 weeks later...

I have just enabled TSR on my 2016 vRS using ODBEleven, originally I attempted to use the "App" however this simply popped up a notification stating that it wasn't supported. I did look at the guide on here at the "Tried and Tested" but I found translating them to be used with ODBEleven a little tricky (or maybe I'm just dim!) However on the ODBEleven forums I found the following guide/steps which I followed and seems to have worked nicely and on my initial drive around the block I haven't received any error messages. These were the steps I followed:

Traffic Sign Assist Activation:

1. Control Unit 5F - Information

• Adaptation

• Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2
      • traffic_sign_recognition_0x21 = Activated, then Green tick

• Car_Function_Adaptions_Gen2
      • menu_display_road_sign_identification = Activated, then Green tick

• menu_display_road_sign_identification_over_threshold_high = Activated, then Green tick

8. Control unit A5 (front / advance camera)

• Security access - 20103
  • Control unit Long Coding 

• Byte 1
Bit 0 Activate - "01 Traffic Sign Recognition (FTE) active", then Green tick

13. Control unit 17 (Dashboard)

• Byte 5

• Bit 2 Activate, then Green tick

18. Control unit A5 (front / advance camera)

• Adaptation
    • Display end of speed limit symbol
    • Importance to activate: Display valid additional signs 

• View Channel Valid suffix

• Corresponding value: 00100111. (default was 100111)

Remember to select the green tick at each stage of the adaption, otherwise the changes you've made won't stick.

I have tried to make them a little more readable.

Edited by daveface
saved early by mistake :)

On 09/02/2018 at 13:33, daveface said:

I have just enabled TSR on my 2016 vRS using ODBEleven, originally I attempted to use the "App" however this simply popped up a notification stating that it wasn't supported. I did look at the guide on here at the "Tried and Tested" but I found translating them to be used with ODBEleven a little tricky (or maybe I'm just dim!) However on the ODBEleven forums I found the following guide/steps which I followed and seems to have worked nicely and on my initial drive around the block I haven't received any error messages. These were the steps I followed:

Traffic Sign Assist Activation:

1. Control Unit 5F - Information

• Adaptation

• Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2
      • traffic_sign_recognition_0x21 = Activated, then Green tick

• Car_Function_Adaptions_Gen2
      • menu_display_road_sign_identification = Activated, then Green tick

• menu_display_road_sign_identification_over_threshold_high = Activated, then Green tick

8. Control unit A5 (front / advance camera)

• Security access - 20103

• Byte 1
Bit 0 Activate - "01 Traffic Sign Recognition (FTE) active", then Green tick

13. Control unit 17 (Dashboard)

• Byte 5

• Bit 2 Activate, then Green tick

18. Control unit A5 (front / advance camera)

• Adaptation
    • Display end of speed limit symbol
    • Importance to activate: Display valid additional signs 

• View Channel Valid suffix

• Corresponding value: 00100111. (default was 100111)

Remember to select the green tick at each stage of the adaption, otherwise the changes you've made won't stick.

I have tried to make them a little more readable.

Hi all,

I've tried this on my FL O3 but the relevant parts under A5 don't seem to be present.  Also using OBDeleven it explains all the long coding so I'm not sure which byte/bit name in module 17 (alhough there is only one likley suspect so I expect it is that as it mentions traffic signs in the coding).

Any ideas to try would be great.

Thanks,

Ed

I have the same problem as Ed. My FL vRS fails to show the adaption in A5. Can anyone confirm that they have succeeded with this in a FL Octavia. I don't really understand this last section as there is nothing like it in the adaptions list.. Any advice would be really helpful

Ed. the control unit 17 change is easier to see if you drop down to the basic byte/bit level using the 0/1 toggle at the top.

Thanks in advance

John

2 hours ago, zzdpmjpr said:

I have the same problem as Ed. My FL vRS fails to show the adaption in A5. Can anyone confirm that they have succeeded with this in a FL Octavia. I don't really understand this last section as there is nothing like it in the adaptions list.. Any advice would be really helpful

Ed. the control unit 17 change is easier to see if you drop down to the basic byte/bit level using the 0/1 toggle at the top.

Thanks in advance

John

Thanks for the tip on OBDeleven  for the coding, hopefully someone will have the answer to the A5 bit. 

Edz_VRS    Have just got this working!! Not able to test it much but it is showing speed limits in Maxidot :)       Am in the car for several hours tomorrow which will be a good test. Am optimistic though.

The procedure, from Gizmo, is in the Superb forum with a couple of small differences, at

Good luck

John

• Thanks 1

On 21/02/2018 at 21:25, zzdpmjpr said:

Edz_VRS    Have just got this working!! Not able to test it much but it is showing speed limits in Maxidot :)       Am in the car for several hours tomorrow which will be a good test. Am optimistic though.

The procedure, from Gizmo, is in the Superb forum with a couple of small differences, at

Good luck

John

Thanks John that's worked on mine too :-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

hey guys.. i have been following this forum for a while now and i havent seen (on this or on any other vw forum) that someone has found a working solution for this problem...
I have skoda octavia elegance MY 2015 with amundsen. Recently i saw on this forum this topic and since I have lane assist camera,thought that I should activate sign recognition, and I did.. asked my friend who has VCDS for a favor and after couple a minuts, it worked...at least i thougt so till the morning when I went for a longer drive :D
this is the current situation on my car and all the things I tried.

1.. Amundsen turned on... car normally reads signs on NAV and on MAXIDOT but I stil get recognition restricted message

2.. Amundsen turned on... SD card removed from MIB1... car normally reads signs on MAXIDOT but I stil get recognition restricted message

3.. Amundsen turned off.. car normally reads signs on MAXIDOT but I stil get recognition restricted message

4.. Amundsen turned off.. if a camera doesn read any sign for a couple of mins... stil get recognition restricted message

i think that I didnt forget any combination :)
also... when it recognizes no overtaking sign.. it does not remove it by default after some time even if I go to speedway for example. i have to turn off the ignition to remove it...
i followed steps for activation here on the forum, but have read somewhere that this does not work ok with MIB 1 ???

what am I missing here :) ??

SORRY FOR THE DUST :D

20180910_082205.jpg

20180910_082452.jpg

20180910_153617.jpg

20180910_153626.jpg

received_244499359583285.jpeg

Edited by ShokreKTM